• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NVIDIA introduces 7300 GS

Darksaber

Senior Editor & Case Reviewer
Staff member
System Name Meshlicious Monster
Processor Intel Core i5-10600T
Motherboard MSI Z490I Unify
Cooling NZXT Kraken Z53 with 2x Noctua Redux 1300 RPM PWM fans
Memory ADATA 16 GB 3200 Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3070 Gaming X Trio
Storage TeamGroup 1TB NVMe SSD
Display(s) Asus ProArt 27" 1440P, 75Hz
Case ssupd Meshlicious with mesh side panels
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion 660 W Platinum ATX
Mouse Corsair Dark Core RGB Pro Wireless
Keyboard Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Home
SANTA CLARA, CA -JANUARY 18, 2006-NVIDIA Corporation (Nasdaq: NVDA), the worldwide leader in programmable graphics processor technologies, today announced the new NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GS graphics processing unit (GPU). The latest addition to the Company's award-winning GeForce 7 Series line up, the GeForce 7300 GS boasts the video and gaming features of today's most advanced GPUs to deliver stunning, high-definition video-up to 1080i resolution-and ultra-realistic gaming effects at mainstream price points without compromising performance. In addition, the GeForce 7300 GS GPU is primed for the upcoming Microsoft Vista operating system (OS).

"The GeForce 7300 GS GPU is an ideal foundation for today's mainstream PCs because it offers high-definition video playback features that can not be matched by integrated graphics-and it is designed to have consumers ready for the transition to Microsoft's next-generation operating system," said Ujesh Desai, general manager of desktop GPUs at NVIDIA. "For a home theater PC, GeForce 7300 GS delivers exceptional video acceleration and incredible image quality to take the viewing experience to the next-level. For an entry-level gaming PC, GeForce 7300 GS delivers Shader Model 3.0 support and support for high dynamic-ranging lighting (HDR), which we expect new games will require in the future."

Based on the award-winning architecture and feature set of the acclaimed GeForce 7800 GPUs, the new GeForce 7300 GS GPU features advanced technologies including:

NVIDIA PureVideo technology-the combination of high-definition video processors and software delivers unprecedented picture clarity, smooth video, accurate color, and precise image scaling for the playback of all video content.

The programmable, superscalar GeForce 7 Series graphics architecture-GeForce 7300 GS delivers twice the graphics horsepower of the Company's previous-generation mainstream GPUs .

Support for Microsoft DirectX 9.0 Shader Model 3.0 and HDR rendering for advanced lighting effects, as well as transparency antialiasing-to deliver ultra-realistic visual quality in the latest games.

Advanced NVIDIA TurboCache technology-shares the capacity and bandwidth of dedicated video memory and dynamically available system memory for turbocharged performance and larger total graphics memory.

NVIDIA ForceWare Unified Driver Architecture (UDA)-for worry-free compatibility for an easy "install-and-play" experience.
NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GS-based graphics cards are available for purchase at approximately $99 USD from many of the world's leading add-in card makers. The Asia Pacific region will see immediate availability of GeForce 7300 GS-based add-in cards in time for Chinese New Year. Availability in Europe and North America will follow in early February. GeForce 7300 GS-based PCs will also be available from the world's leading system builders starting in early February. For further information on the GeForce 7300 GS, please visit http://www.nvidia.com.

About NVIDIA
NVIDIA Corporation is the worldwide leader in programmable graphics processor technologies. The Company creates innovative, industry-changing products for computing, consumer electronics, and mobile devices. NVIDIA is headquartered in Santa Clara, CA and has offices throughout Asia, Europe, and the Americas. For more information, visit http://www.nvidia.com.

Certain statements in this press release including, but not limited to the benefits, capabilities, performance and features of the NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GS, system requirements of video games in the future, use of the GeForce 7300 GS with Microsoft's next generation operating system, approximate purchase price of the GeForce 7300 GS, and the availability and sources of availability of the GeForce 7300 GS are forward-looking statements that are subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause results to be materially different than expectations. Such risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to, unexpected changes in the final Microsoft's next generation operating system prior to its launch, developments of new products and technologies by competitors, software bugs, manufacturing defects, delays in manufacturing or delivery of products, unanticipated developments and system requirements of new games for the PC, unexpected incompatibility of products and technologies, unpredictable costs associated with the development of new products, continued acceptance and use of new technologies and products, the impact of competitive products and pricing alternatives, changes in industry standards and interfaces, and other risks detailed from time to time in the NVIDIA reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission including its Form 10-Q for the quarter ended October 30, 2005. These forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance and speak only as of the date hereof. NVIDIA disclaims any obligation to update these forward-looking statements

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

How would the 7300 GS fair against the 6800 GS? Based on the price it seems the 6800 GS would beat it easily..

KennyT772

System Name Raptor
Processor Intel E8400 Wolfdale @3600
Motherboard Asus P5Q-Pro LGA775
Cooling Zalman CNPS9700
Memory 1024mbx2 Crucial Ballistix DDR800
Video Card(s) XFX 9600GT
Storage Seagate 7200.11 500GB
Display(s) Acer AL2216Wbd and Acer AL1717
Case Gigabyte 3DAurora Black
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Extreme Gamer Faitality
Power Supply OCZ GameXStream 500w
to me the 7300 sounds more like a 6200 but updated. the "turbo cache" is nothing more then using system ram for gpu purposes. this card is mainly aimed at recreational games not us hardcore guys. my guess is it will have either 64mb or 128mb of vram and ddr at that. you cant get much more for that price.

Hey Kenny,
Thanks for all the responses for all my threads lol.
Anyways I did some research and found out that it is pretty comparable to a 6600.
XFX and evga both have them for presale.
These cards only have 4 pixel pipelines, but the other specs dont seem too bad and suprisingly enough it has DDR2 memory.
The specs are list below:
Fill Rate
2.2 Pixels/sec.
Graphics Core
256-bit
Vertices Per Second
413 Million
Pixels per Clock (peak)
RAMDACs
Engine Clock
550 MHz
Chipset
GeForce 7300 GS
Memory
Supporting 512 MB
Bus Type
PCI-E
Memory Type
DDR2
Highlighted Features
DVI Out , TV Out

So two of these cards in SLI format can take a 6800GS? Or I am going way too over lol (prob. am).

Processor athlon64 x3800 oc'ed to 2.5 ghz
Motherboard ecs kn1-lite
Cooling ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 64 Pro
Memory 2 gig gigaram ddr 400
Video Card(s) geforce8600gt
Storage raptor 74k and 160 gig harddrive
Display(s) 19 inch lcd monitor with resolution of 1440x900
Case Antec case
Audio Device(s) sound blaster xi-fi
Power Supply 650 watts antec power supply
Software windows xp pro.
i want to see some benchmark for this card.

System Name The86
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard ASROCKS B450 Steel Legend
Cooling AMD Stealth
Memory 2x8gb DDR4 3200 Corsair
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3060 Ti
Storage WD Black 512gb, WD Blue 1TB
Display(s) AOC 24in
Case Raidmax Alpha Prime
Power Supply 700W Thermaltake Smart
Mouse Logitech Mx510
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow 2012