• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Interview with Sapphire CEO

D_o_S

Processor AMD Opteron 144
Motherboard DFI Lanparty nF4 SLI-DR Expert
Cooling Watercooled - Alphacool Nexxxos XP, BIX2, Eheim HPPS
Memory 2x 512MB OCZ PC 3200EL Platinum Rev.2 (TCCD)
Video Card(s) 2x Gainward GeForce 6800 Ultra (430/1200)
Storage 4x WD Raptor 740GD in RAID 0
Display(s) Eizo FlexScan L768
Case CM Stacker
Audio Device(s) Audigy 2
Power Supply Silverstone Zeus ST65ZF
Hexus.net has an interview with Sapphire CEO, Mr K D Au.

"Sapphire Technologies is ATI's biggest add-in-board (AIB) partner, something which even ATI's CEO, David Orton has said. We often hear about the battles between ATI and NVIDIA but were able to get a massive inside edge by speaking to the CEO of Sapphire, Mr K D Au, in his first press interview for four years. "

Read the interview here.

It looks like Sapphire could produce graphic cards with ATI and NVIDIA chips "when the time is right".

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

oldschool

I don't see how Sapphire is gonna grow their product line with Mobos if they can't even copy the ATI reference Mobo and get it right. In addition Sapphire has zero tech and customer support. They actually refer customers to ATI who has piss poor customer support on their best days. Don't get me wrong, I've used many Sapphire Vid cards over the years with minmal problems but their Mobos and customer support suck to be honest. They need wholesale changes if they plan to sell Mobos and develop their brand.