• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

0FL05 error on Amdvbflash 3.15

bearwolfdog

Yes I know it's not the up to date version sometimes I like the GUI

Last post was a dumb question on if I could flash a gaming bios on a mining rx card, of course I can, or so I thought. This card is being an annoying butthead.

I'm using the command prompt and I run into this issue: I'm using amdvbflash -p 0 bios.rom, the normal process, when I'm hit with an error of "mismatched ssid" so no problem, I'll just use amdvbflash -mi E347 to change it to the right one! But no, it spits an 0FL05 error telling me "the ROM ssid isn't found" so I have a couple questions

Does this mean card bricked? I mean it stills tells me the ssid through the p command and through the ai command, but not mi command so weird... If that means it's bricked then I can just return it to eBay its no prob at the end of the day but id rather not

Can I bypass it checking the ssid somehow? That would be great

(Also I forgot that I can use mb command but 99% chance it won't work I bet I'll keep you guys updated)
3 seconds after posting self: didn't work same error :(

So basically asking for if someone with knowledge about take a look? Thanks

Attachments

• IMG20240903230505.jpg
    IMG20240903230505.jpg
    7.2 MB · Views: 5

bearwolfdog

Yes I know it's not the up to date version sometimes I like the GUI

Last post was a dumb question on if I could flash a gaming bios on a mining rx card, of course I can, or so I thought. This card is being an annoying butthead.

I'm using the command prompt and I run into this issue: I'm using amdvbflash -p 0 bios.rom, the normal process, when I'm hit with an error of "mismatched ssid" so no problem, I'll just use amdvbflash -mi E347 to change it to the right one! But no, it spits an 0FL05 error telling me "the ROM ssid isn't found" so I have a couple questions

Does this mean card bricked? I mean it stills tells me the ssid through the p command and through the ai command, but not mi command so weird... If that means it's bricked then I can just return it to eBay its no prob at the end of the day but id rather not

Can I bypass it checking the ssid somehow? That would be great

(Also I forgot that I can use mb command but 99% chance it won't work I bet I'll keep you guys updated)
3 seconds after posting self: didn't work same error :(

So basically asking for if someone with knowledge about take a look? Thanks
Guys I solved it myself, hopefully I can be the guy on the forum for someone down the line who is also a big dummy like me

Follow the guide that the smart people made for you. Use amdvbflash 2.93, first unlockrom -0 then -f -p 0 file.rom

Apparently 2.93 either doesn't have the issue or ignores it so that's pretty cool!!! Thanks w1zzard or whoever you are now I just gotta see if I can game on it