• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

10875H ThrottleStop Settings and high power consumption

1722784097792.png1722784128215.png
I have Monster Tulpar T5 V21.1.3 Laptop, i modded the BIOS and change some AC/VC Loadline settings, i use on 4ghz because of high power consumption and i cant fix while running at 4,3ghz and -125 cache uv.

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
high power consumption
It looks like your laptop is running great. You have high power consumption because you disabled the low power C states. If you enable the C states, power consumption will decrease. Some people like disabling the C states because it reduces latency and games will usually play smoother. You might get higher FPS when the C states are disabled.

You can enable Speed Shift Technology in the BIOS if you want the CPU to slow down when it is lightly loaded. This can help reduce power consumption too.

There is not much difference under load, that's why I use it like this. It was drawing up to 170W in stock settings btw. I would like to run it at 4.3 ghz but as I said it runs at around 100w at that time.

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
There is not much difference under load
That is true. The low power C states are only being used when cores are not under load.

It was drawing up to 170W in stock settings btw.
The load line values can change the accuracy of the power consumption numbers that monitoring software reports. It looks like you have really good cooling. As long as your laptop is not overheating and thermal throttling then I would not worry about the reported power consumption numbers.