• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

12VHPWR cable for 3080-some questions

so im not in the know much about gear from the last few years. over a few months reading researching

1-is the 12v nvidia connector on the 3080? all some none?

2-if my psu doesnt have this connector and I buya used card and the seller doesnt have one included, what does one use to not get the melting issue?

3-what if my psu just has regular 8pin (6+2) connectors. what do you do if they are modular cable or non modular?

4-are there cables that fit into a modular psu or are there female 8pin to 12VHPWR adapter cables?

I remember seeing burnt wires connectors videos in YT feed but cant remember for how long back but never saw any video since I wasnt looking for a card. never knew what the hubbub was about.

looking though some videos nvidia is saying you have to use their cables. how true is this and what do you use? are the other cables you buy a problem?
I dont want to burn my house down obviously

Processor faster at instructions than yours
Motherboard more nurturing than yours
Cooling frostier than yours
Memory superior scheduling & haphazardly entry than yours
Video Card(s) better rasterization than yours
Storage more ample than yours
Display(s) increased pixels than yours
Case fancier than yours
Audio Device(s) further audible than yours
Power Supply additional amps x volts than yours
Mouse without as much gnawing as yours
Keyboard less clicky than yours
VR HMD not as odd looking as yours
Software extra mushier than yours
Benchmark Scores up yours
1. the RTX 3080 has a 12 pin power connector

2 you would need an official adapter from the board partner, or PSU brand or risk using an after market one; as far as melting issues that seemed to be more about not fully plugged in adapters ex.1 and ex.2

3. for modular contact the brand for adapter cables specific to your make include the serial number. For non-modular you need an adapter

4 - isn't this basically question 3?