• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Antec Edge Series 650 W

Antec recently released a fresh mid-capacity series for enthusiast users. The EDGE unit with 650 W will be evaluated today. All EDGE units use a fully modular cabling design and are 80 Plus Gold certified, and Seasonic is their OEM, so we expect great things from them.

Show full review

Last edited by a moderator:
Great review, ty. That multirail setup peg one question: there is power for 420W+75W+75W for multicard setup? How agressive is that ocp.

At least in europe this is priced quite good. Few euros more expensive than xtr650W but cheaper than leadex gold 650W, only evga G2:s are more compelling priced(supernova 750W g2 few euros more).

The more I read PSUs reviews the more I like Seasonic fanless 520W.

Benchmark Scores Faster than yours... I'd bet on it. :)
Who doesn't? This isn't really made.to compete with it either though...

Great review, ty. That multirail setup peg one question: there is power for 420W+75W+75W for multicard setup? How agressive is that ocp.

I believe it can easily power two high-end VGAs at stock speeds (because once overclocked their power consumption can go sky high).
As for the OCP it didn't gave any problems during testing (shut downs) even at the overpower test I ran, so it is tuned well for the needs of this PSU.

why don't they (Antec or Seasonic) do similar fan curve like Corsair's RM series?

I wonder if those high fan speeds (close to 2000 rpm and above) are really necessary.
After all the fan is right above the components and there's plenty of exhaust space at the back.

I wonder if those high fan speeds (close to 2000 rpm and above) are really necessary.
After all the fan is right above the components and there's plenty of exhaust space at the back.

I have the same questions.
Maybe it could be reduced fan speed a little bit by reducing operation temperature to 40C.

according to my opinion in this PSU such high fan speeds aren't necessary, however some manufacturers prefer to be on the safe side, avoiding dealing with lots of RMAs on the long run.

I bought one of these. AND IM IMPRESSED
I don't know why Johhny or whomever reviewed it said the operation is noisy. It isn't!
as far as the rest. its all PERFECT> total beast of a PSU. the LED sucks, but thank god it has a switch.
My last PSU was a 850 watt truepower quadro from antec it was top of the line, and the only thing that failed on it was the fan. and when it did. I bought my own. drilled holes in the top to get the cable out (as the original fan was hardwired) and it ran for 7 years! and was still going strong. but because I upgraded to faster cpu and vid card with better power efficiency. I didnt need the 850 anymore. and 7 years is a while.
So I grabbed this 650 and its AWESOME. Buy one its worth the extra cash.

The only thing for modular id like to see the EPS be 85cm to fit in full ATX towers. as it doesnt fit in cases that route around the back.
other than that 99% great

I bought one of these. AND IM IMPRESSED
I don't know why Johhny or whomever reviewed it said the operation is noisy. It isn't!
as far as the rest. its all PERFECT> total beast of a PSU. the LED sucks, but thank god it has a switch.
My last PSU was a 850 watt truepower quadro from antec it was top of the line, and the only thing that failed on it was the fan. and when it did. I bought my own. drilled holes in the top to get the cable out (as the original fan was hardwired) and it ran for 7 years! and was still going strong. but because I upgraded to faster cpu and vid card with better power efficiency. I didnt need the 850 anymore. and 7 years is a while.
So I grabbed this 650 and its AWESOME. Buy one its worth the extra cash.

The only thing for modular id like to see the EPS be 85cm to fit in full ATX towers. as it doesnt fit in cases that route around the back.
other than that 99% great

yeah it's not noisy at all testing full power with oct, you sure guys your sample was not faulty?