• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

UE BOOM 2 "Reka One - Lost Time" Edition

UE's newest artist version of the BOOM 2 is made in cooperation with Reka One. Street artist styling along with the original BOOM 2 performance should be a hit. We also get to play around with the multi speaker functionality of the UE BOOM 2.

Show full review

Last edited by a moderator:
Processor Intel Xeon E5-1650 v2
Motherboard ASUS P9X79
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GTX 1080 FE
Display(s) ASUS PG43UQ
VR HMD Valve Index
Software Windows 7
A speaker review without a frequency response plot is not a proper speaker review. Sorry.

I'd have liked to see quantitative measurements:

* max SPL
* frequency response
* battery operation hh:mm

A comparison to at least one other speaker would be good.

But a good start, keep them coming :)

Also, can you pair this with a PC? I can pair my JBL Charge2+ with Windows.

You can pair it with pretty much anything with the correct bluetooth version :) PCs definitely work. The Android app and iOS app are usually updated at the same time and you can firmware updated it over bluetooth.

Max SPL is 90 dBA, no idea how they test it can ask next time I talk with them.

No way to do any FR graph that makes sense for a design like this as it changes with azimuth, would be impossible to compare between different mobile speakers due to design. It is interesting as the FR changes with volume due to the DSP. Driver protection would likely kick in at high volumes (lower bass response), and perhaps they also have thermal protection.

Battery operation is noted in the review. It is as stated by the manufacturer in the run down tests, sometimes a little more at normal volume and mixed music.