• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ROCCAT Introduces its New Vulcan Keyboard With In-House Titan Switch Tactile at COMPUTEX

Raevenlord

News Editor
System Name The Ryzening
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard MSI X570 MAG TOMAHAWK
Cooling Lian Li Galahad 360mm AIO
Memory 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3733 (4x 8 GB)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti
Storage Boot: Transcend MTE220S 2TB, Kintson A2000 1TB, Seagate Firewolf Pro 14 TB
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG270UP (1440p 144 Hz IPS)
Case Lian Li O11DX Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) iFi Audio Zen DAC
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ 750 W
Mouse Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Keyboard Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Software Windows 10 x64
After their tease earlier this week, ROCCAT have formally introduced their Vulcan keyboard, the first keyboard solution fully developed in-house: from component selection, to keyboard design, all the way to the very switches that power users' inputs. ROCCAT says its development led to the Titan Switch tactile product that now sees the light of day on the Vulcan keyboard - and helps light users' days with its RGB lighting.

According to the company, ROCCAT "debounced the switch by reducing the mechanical shattering during actuation thanks to high quality materials and componentry. This allows the firmware to reliably identify key stroke signals 20% faster than competing keyboards." We couldn't test that particular claim, but we did get some "camera-on" time with the new Keyboard at COMPUTEX.

The top plate is made of anodized aluminum; the wrist rest is of the removable type for users that give particular attention to desk space. There are "professional grade multimedia controls", which includes a knob for volume control. While the product will be available in all relevant channels late Q3, it is already available for pre-order on Amazon, and on the ROCCAT shop. The Vulcan will be available in three different models, the Vulcan 80 at 129,99 (sans wrist-rest and solely with blue lighting), the Vulcan 100 AIMO at 149,99 (full RGB lighting, sans wrist-rest) and the Vulcan 120 AIMO, which does include the wrist-rest, at 159,99 (Euros / US Dollars).

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

las

System Name Obsolete / Waiting for Zen 5 or Arrow Lake
Processor i9-9900K @ 5.2 GHz @ 1.35v / No AVX Offset
Motherboard AsRock Z390 Taichi
Cooling Custom Water
Memory 32GB G.Skill @ 4000/CL15
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX 4090 Phantom / Undervolt + OC
Storage Samsung 990 Pro 2TB + WD SN850X 1TB + 64TB NAS/Server
Display(s) 27" 1440p IPS @ 280 Hz + 77" QD-OLED @ 144 Hz VRR
Case Fractal Design Meshify C
Audio Device(s) Asus Essence STX / Upgraded Op-Amps
Power Supply Corsair RM1000x / Native 12VHPWR
Mouse Logitech G Pro Wireless Superlight
Keyboard Corsair K60 Pro / MX Low Profile Speed
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Brick keys..
Can we get some Cherry MX Low Profile boards, thank you. TKL would be great.

AsRock

TPU addict
I like it personally, how ever i would never own one simply due to dust getting on top of the actual switch.

Fx

Processor Ryzen 2600x
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix X470-F Gaming
Cooling Noctua
Memory G.SKILL Flare X Series 16GB DDR4 3466
Video Card(s) EVGA 980ti FTW
Storage (OS)Samsung 950 Pro (512GB), (Data) WD Reds
Display(s) 24" Dell UltraSharp U2412M
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser GAME ONE
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 650 P2
Mouse Mionix Castor
Keyboard Deck Hassium Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
This keyboard looks good. I like the added controls, but still kept minimal. Even though I am generally against RGB, it is fine in this case since lighting is actually practical to me for a keyboard since I game a lot at night. The only question in my mind is how the keys perform and feel.

I like it personally, how ever i would never own one simply due to dust getting on top of the actual switch.

That may be true, but it should also be much easier to clean since it doesn't seem necessary to remove the keycaps.

AsRock

TPU addict
Dust will get under the cap to the part that moves and dust will fall in. Depends on were you live too and if you like your windows open or closed and run a aircon.

Like this time of year it's terrible, due to the river we live close to and all so the stream and being in a high flood area just adds to it, never mind the part of living in a valley which just adds to the problem.

Maybe if i had a air compressor would surly be interested then, although nothing what some Deoxit cannot solve if keys do start to fail to press.

if only it were tenkeyless and didn't have that crappy L shaped enter key. YOU WERE SO CLOSE ROCCAT! :(

AsRock

TPU addict
KInda feel the same way, how ever more bothersome to me is the none indented caps lock, which sadly goes for most company's today.

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/yfsd9w
if only it were tenkeyless and didn't have that crappy L shaped enter key. YOU WERE SO CLOSE ROCCAT! :(

That "crappy" L shaped key is for European keyboards. Maybe you're not aware of the fact that different countries have different keyboard layouts? Also, it's vastly superior to the "crappy" american layout.