• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Cooler Master V Series 750 W Gold

Processor faster at instructions than yours
Motherboard more nurturing than yours
Cooling frostier than yours
Memory superior scheduling & haphazardly entry than yours
Video Card(s) better rasterization than yours
Storage more ample than yours
Display(s) increased pixels than yours
Case fancier than yours
Audio Device(s) further audible than yours
Power Supply additional amps x volts than yours
Mouse without as much gnawing as yours
Keyboard less clicky than yours
VR HMD not as odd looking as yours
Software extra mushier than yours
Benchmark Scores up yours
Install a RGB fan and call it a Xmas PSU for xmas lights and you pay a smaller tarriff...I'm dead serious my company imports 2-4 containers a month from China.

Items the tariffs of which will be delayed until Dec. 15 include: Christmas tree ornaments, Christmas tree lights, cellphones, cameras and video games.

In europe its pretty competitively priced you can get one for 90 USD excluding VAT for 750W version. Pretty decent.

System Name Cypher-C4
Processor Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard MSI B450 Tomahawk Max
Cooling Deepcool AK620
Memory 32GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 3200MHz
Video Card(s) Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual
Storage 250GB Crucial MX500 + 2TB Crucial MX500 + 2TB WD Black + 4TB Toshiba + 1TB Samsung F3
Display(s) Acer XV272UP
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D
Audio Device(s) Behringher UMC202HD Audio Interface + Mackie HM-4 + Sennheiser HD 280 Pro + Shure SM58
Power Supply Corsair HX750i
Mouse Steelseries Rival 310
Keyboard Keychron K8 + Kailh BOX Crystal Jade switches + Ducky Good in Blue keycaps
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
So its not very good, fairly loud and not cheap. What a combo.
Price varies on location. CM products are fairly inexpensive in Asia

That might be, but systems that require 750W are gonna cost upwards of 2000$ anyway, so why not spend a little more on a better PSU?
This thing is 108,27€ at the moment here in Germany, a better and much quieter Straight Power 11 is 112€, a Pure Power 11 is 90€, a Corsair RM750 2019 is 92€,a RM750x 2018 is 101€ (all 80+ Gold, DC-DC and 5-10 year warranties).
108€ is not very expensive, but also not cheap, you can get better PSUs for less money, at least where I live.

That might be, but systems that require 750W are gonna cost upwards of 2000$ anyway, so why not spend a little more on a better PSU?
This thing is 108,27€ at the moment here in Germany, a better and much quieter Straight Power 11 is 112€, a Pure Power 11 is 90€, a Corsair RM750 2019 is 92€,a RM750x 2018 is 101€ (all 80+ Gold, DC-DC and 5-10 year warranties).
108€ is not very expensive, but also not cheap, you can get better PSUs for less money, at least where I live.
Pure Power 11 and RM 2019 are more quiet indeed, but quality wise this Cooler Master is better. Performance wise this Cooler Master is also a step better than the Pure Power 11, mostly because it uses a better design. LLC Resonant vs Active Clamp.

If you look at the 550W version of this new V series, as 550W is the most useful for most people, it's actually a good choice for many people.

System Name Cypher-C4
Processor Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard MSI B450 Tomahawk Max
Cooling Deepcool AK620
Memory 32GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 3200MHz
Video Card(s) Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual
Storage 250GB Crucial MX500 + 2TB Crucial MX500 + 2TB WD Black + 4TB Toshiba + 1TB Samsung F3
Display(s) Acer XV272UP
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D
Audio Device(s) Behringher UMC202HD Audio Interface + Mackie HM-4 + Sennheiser HD 280 Pro + Shure SM58
Power Supply Corsair HX750i
Mouse Steelseries Rival 310
Keyboard Keychron K8 + Kailh BOX Crystal Jade switches + Ducky Good in Blue keycaps
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
If you look at the 550W version of this new V series, as 550W is the most useful for most people, it's actually a good choice for many people.

I think for the more average gamer PCs (1 mainstream CPU, 1 mainstream GPU, a couple drives) out there, they don't even need that much. However, choices for below 500W units are not as much and 500W and above do present better value.

I must say I'm glad to see someone in this forum can recommend ~500W units because most people I see here seem to think that people need 650W and above for just the average gaming PC.

Pure Power 11 and RM 2019 are more quiet indeed, but quality wise this Cooler Master is better. Performance wise this Cooler Master is also a step better than the Pure Power 11, mostly because it uses a better design. LLC Resonant vs Active Clamp.

But none of the details matter, if its 10 or 20mV ripple, 1% or 2% load regulation, what matters is that it it keeps the output voltages well in spec (wich all these PSUs do) and if it can do that, then loudness and price decide. And both arent great.
I dont know how loud the 550W version is, but at 96€ it dosent really matter, because for 95% of all mid range gaming systems the 60€ 500W PP11 (or BitFenix Formula Gold) is gonna be the better choice since it delivers good performance and low noise output at a very good price point.
For most people there is just no point in buying anything else in the German market, when not many offerings can compare in delivering silent operation and good performance for a competitive price.
Of course then there are the people who want the best just because and dont care about the cost, but this is also not that.

But none of the details matter, if its 10 or 20mV ripple, 1% or 2% load regulation, what matters is that it it keeps the output voltages well in spec (wich all these PSUs do) and if it can do that, then loudness and price decide. And both arent great.
Sure but ripple and voltage regulation with a static load can be fine with all designs. That isn't the problem, the problem is transient response. Also much more important than static load regulation, as a PC never has a static load.
I dont know how loud the 550W version is, but at 96€ it dosent really matter, because for 95% of all mid range gaming systems the 60€ 500W PP11 (or BitFenix Formula Gold) is gonna be the better choice since it delivers good performance and low noise output at a very good price point.
The 500W version of the Pure Power isn't that interesting. 500W is something you need for a high-end gaming machine. With a high-end gaming machine you should look at a better power supply. A power supply with better transient response. The 400W Pure Power 11 is by far the most interesting one. Perfect for a gaming PC with GTX 1660 (Ti) and i5/Ryzen 5 for example.

The BitFenix Formula Gold 450/550W is much better PSU performance wise. You can use it with a RX 5700 (XT), GTX 2060 (Super), RTX 2070 (Super) for example. The problem with Bitfenix is only availability, that isn't great worldwide.
For most people there is just no point in buying anything else in the German market, when not many offerings can compare in delivering silent operation and good performance for a competitive price.
Of course then there are the people who want the best just because and dont care about the cost, but this is also not that.
Some would like a better fan in there power supply then BitFenix has. Some like a full modular PSU so you can replace the cables with individual sleeved ones.