• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ADATA XPG Summoner Keyboard

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
ADATA joins our keyboard reviews with the XPG Summoner from their XPG gaming brand. It is a full-size keyboard available in multiple layouts, with three Cherry switch options, onboard programming, a good set of bundled accessories, and RGB backlighting!

Show full review

bug

Processor Intel i5-12600k
Motherboard Asus H670 TUF
Cooling Arctic Freezer 34
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill Ripjaws V
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1060 SC
Storage 500GB Samsung 970 EVO, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Crucial MX300 and 2TB Crucial MX500
Display(s) Dell U3219Q + HP ZR24w
Case Raijintek Thetis
Audio Device(s) Audioquest Dragonfly Red :D
Power Supply Seasonic 620W M12
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
Software Arch Linux + Win10
I'll leave my customary complaint about price here, but I'll add kudos for the USB passthrough.
I'm not sure it was a smart move offering Silver instead of Brown.

I was kinda hoping for a KB with software that changes the lighting and some settings depending on the loaded game like the Corsair models do.
The ABS keycaps are rather lowish quality for the price tag and considering how ADATA wants to be better than Kingston, they certainly could have used the PBT keycaps.
Or they could have been really smart about it and add some O-rings in the packing, for the end user that wants to silence a bit the KB. I mean come on, how much can O-rings cost?

Now I do like the volume wheel and button, it is very stylish and if it works consistently it is a selling point because it is quite useful to change the volume.