• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Fnatic Gear miniSTREAK Keyboard

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Fnatic as an e-sports organization has seen a lot of success with their various teams. They aim to replicate this success in the equally competitive keyboard market with the miniSTREAK tenkeyless mechanical gaming keyboard, which is built with feedback from professional gamers in mind.

Show full review

System Name Ryzen shine, Mr Freeman
Processor 5900X
Motherboard ASUS X570 Dark Hero
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 ARGB
Memory 32GB TridentZ Neo 3600 CL14
Video Card(s) 3080TI FE with Alphacool Eiswolf AIO
Storage 2TB 970 EVO PLUS, 1TB 980
Display(s) LG OLED 55CX
Case O11D XL Black
Audio Device(s) Xonar Essence STU, Mackie MR5+MR10S, HD598
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W
Mouse GPW
Keyboard G815
I have my Fnatic Streak Pro since 1.5 years in daily use. The caps show no signs of wear. (nor any other problems, its a great keyboard)
I think this copy paste text in all your reviews is just based on older, outdated experience, that isnt true nowadays.
"Stock keycaps are average at best and will show signs of wear and tear sooner rather than later "
Or my Logitech Orion Spectrum keyboard at work, wich is about to get 6 year old, and still nothing wrong with the keycaps.

Or where do we draw the line? How may years should a keycap last, before it is allowed to show signs of wear?

$85 for the Red Silent version on amazon right now. Silent Red MX Mini Streak Keyboard pretty good deal considering a lot of people think this has the best wrist rest of any keyboard right now. So if you are looking for a wrist rest at the same time the keyboard would really only be costing around $65 as a decent wrist rest from like Glorious PC Gaming Race will cost over $20.

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
I have my Fnatic Streak Pro since 1.5 years in daily use. The caps show no signs of wear. (nor any other problems, its a great keyboard)
I think this copy paste text in all your reviews is just based on older, outdated experience, that isnt true nowadays.
"Stock keycaps are average at best and will show signs of wear and tear sooner rather than later "
Or my Logitech Orion Spectrum keyboard at work, wich is about to get 6 year old, and still nothing wrong with the keycaps.

Or where do we draw the line? How may years should a keycap last, before it is allowed to show signs of wear?

Congrats on having a good set of keycaps or no finger oils. Most of us do not have that luxury, and I can tell you that the vast majority of ABS keycaps absorb finger oils and laser etched legends fade with use unless they have thick coating/sealants.

L shaped enter key = pass

There are ANSI versions available, as in the sample I got. Check page 3 for more images.

Processor 5900X
Display(s) LG OLED 55CX
Case O11D XL Black
Mouse GPW
Keyboard G815
Congrats on having a good set of keycaps or no finger oils. Most of us do not have that luxury, and I can tell you that the vast majority of ABS keycaps absorb finger oils and laser etched legends fade with use unless they have thick coating/sealants.

Do you have a recent example? Or is this just the older experience i mentioned?

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Do you have a recent example? Or is this just the older experience i mentioned?

Of course, take the Corsair K57 from Aug 2019. I've been using it in my living room July-Oct, and had to change keycaps because it started showing signs of the very things I mentioned. It depends a lot on how much one types in addition to other variables including the environment and keycap treatment, but this still happens more often than not.

Processor 5900X
Display(s) LG OLED 55CX
Case O11D XL Black
Mouse GPW
Keyboard G815
Of course, take the Corsair K57 from Aug 2019. I've been using it in my living room July-Oct, and had to change keycaps because it started showing signs of the very things I mentioned. It depends a lot on how much one types in addition to other variables including the environment and keycap treatment, but this still happens more often than not.

Or maybe just your hands, or your typing usage wears them off so fast? Or just that one keybards' caps.
Otherwise i dont see, why a 6+ year cap doenst wear, that is/was used daily 10 hours for work.
Or its just a quesetion where do you draw the line. Maybe, for the average user, a plain coated ABS keycap can last way longer, than the products lifetime anyways is.

System Name Intel 2023
Processor Intel Core i5 13600KF
Motherboard Gigabyte B660M Aourus Pro
Cooling Custom water cooling loop
Memory 2x16gb Adata PC 3600
Video Card(s) AMD 6950XT
Storage 2TB Corsair MP600
Display(s) Nixeus 27 EDG
Case Phanteks P600
Audio Device(s) Topping DX3 Pro +
Power Supply Corsair RM850
Mouse Razer Basilisk
Keyboard Womier K87 with Tecsee Purple Panda switches
Software Win 11 Pro 64bit
Benchmark Scores Unfortunately no time anymore to benchmark....
I purchased this keyboard Sept 2018 with Brown switches and so far my keycaps are as new.

Purchased october 2018 and my keycaps are also still as good as new. Maybe a slight bit slicker but then again i never cleaned them yet. Yes, molded keycaps would be better, but hey, at least they do not start to break/fall off as with my previous keyboard, the significantly more expensive Corsair K70 LUX RGB...

I really love the keyboard. I was looking for palm rest, backlight (not necessarily RGB, but nice to have), TKL with cherry brown. Not a lot of keyboards fit in that category, and the price is, at least compared to the competition, pretty good.

The palm rest base clips that attach the base to the keyboard seemed a bit fragile at first, but i have since de- and remounted the base several times due to LAN events, and it holds perfectly fine.

My only "complaint": While the software to configure the lighting etc. is pretty solid, you somehow cannot have per key color settings in competition mode. Well i don't really use that mode anyway...

Would definitely buy again.

PS: First post, long time reader, decided to finally register :D

Reactions: VSG