• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Super Flower Leadex III ARGB Gold 550 W

The Super Flower Leadex III ARGB Gold 550 W offers high performance and is very efficient. The RGB lighting and crystal cube connectors of its fully modular cables look nice. However, is it worth paying an additional €24 to get it over the non-RGB Leadex III model of similar capacity?

Show full review

This reminds me of the short-lived EVGA PSU series that had white LEDs built into the PSU ports for a similar light-up aesthetic. Unfortunately, given that most cases now have PSU shrouds, the opportunity to use such light-up features is wasted. It would have been preferable (from an aRGB crowd perspective) if the cables also had a crystal plug on the party side with an aRGB diode set in to light them up, since those would be what's seen in most cases. Although the cables would also have to be a tiny bit thicker due to each cable having an additional 3-wire aRGB line leading to the PSU.

I could see why it might never be done though; all the extra wires, specially-designed connectors, and aRGB diodes is extra expense. But if they're going to try and integrate the aRGB features on the PSU ports, they should just go the full mile as it'd be a waste otherwise. No point in such a PSU if it's going to be hidden 90% of the time by a shroud.

Benchmark Scores Faster than yours... I'd bet on it. :)
No point in such a PSU if it's going to be hidden 90% of the time by a shroud.
Depends on the chassis. Clearly if the intent was to get lighting in the psu, they wouldnt buy a case with a psu shroud. Sury 90% chassis don't have psu shroud either... plenty of options out there with and without. :)

EVGA Supernova G3 is listed in the rating graphs but I can't find a review of the unit. How can I locate the review?

Processor i5-9600K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X
Cooling Scythe Mugen 5S
Memory Micron Ballistix Sports LT 3000 8G*4
Video Card(s) EVGA 3070 XC3 Ultra Gaming
Storage Adata SX6000 Pro 512G, Kingston A2000 1T
Display(s) Gigabyte M32Q
Case Antec DF700 Flux
Audio Device(s) Edifier C3X
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex Gold 650W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V2
Keyboard Ducky ONE 2 Horizon