• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Creative SXFI AIR (w/ Super X-Fi Gen 2)

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
The Creative SXFI Air headset features four different modes of connectivity, onboard and gesture controls, dedicated mobile and desktop programs for customization, RGB lighting, and integrated Super X-Fi Gen2 headphone holography for an excellent price.

Show full review

So how does the Super X-Fi compare to Sony's 360 reality audio, quality wise? I've tried the latter, and while it sounds nice, it's limited to streaming services that have tracks in 360 format (Tidal only, as Deezer 360 simply doesn't work). So it's a bit useless if you want to use Spotify or anything else really. While as I understand, Creative solution works with any audio source?

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
So how does the Super X-Fi compare to Sony's 360 reality audio, quality wise? I've tried the latter, and while it sounds nice, it's limited to streaming services that have tracks in 360 format (Tidal only, as Deezer 360 simply doesn't work). So it's a bit useless if you want to use Spotify or anything else really. While as I understand, Creative solution works with any audio source?

I have not tried the latter (yet) but yes this works with any audio source and output headphones. There are profiles for selected headphones that should be better, but universal profiles are right up there anyway. Best way to go if you have your own set of headphones is their SXFI Amp, but otherwise this is a good first option.