• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Super Flower Leadex III ARGB Gold 650 W

The Super Flower Leadex III ARGB Gold 650 W offers good performance, low noise output, and RGB lighting. It comes in two flavors, black and white, so you can match it to your case's color. If only the white version had white cables, too.

Show full review

System Name nope
Processor I3 10100F
Motherboard ATM Gigabyte h410
Cooling Arctic 12 passive
Memory ATM Gskill 1x 8GB NT Series (No Heatspreader bling bling garbage, just Black DIMMS)
Video Card(s) Sapphire HD7770 and EVGA GTX 470 and Zotac GTX 960
Storage 120GB OS SSD, 240GB M2 Sata, 240GB M2 NVME, 300GB HDD, 500GB HDD
Display(s) Nec EA 241 WM
Case Coolermaster whatever
Audio Device(s) Onkyo on TV and Mi Bluetooth on Screen
Power Supply Super Flower Leadx 550W
Mouse Steelseries Rival Fnatic
Keyboard Logitech K270 Wireless
Software Deepin, BSD and 10 LTSC
Super Flower had great supplies a few years ago, but now extreme expensive with RGB :fear:

System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
PSU looks fine, and whilst I haven't bought a SuperFlower branded PSU in ages, I've used their supplies via other ODMs. I always have a soft-spot for Superflower as they were the company I turned to 25 years ago when aftermarket PSUs barely existed and the only PSUs you could easily get came preinstalled in a case. At some point in the Pentium overclocking days, I finally pushed the generic Chieftec/Chenbro unit too far and discovered how hard it was to buy a proper PSU. Enermax/Superflower were almost the only game in town back then....

Can we talk about their branding? Butterfly. Rainbow. Military font. Sans-serif font. Some old serif font. Italic and regular. Bold and regular. Wide kerning and narrow kering. A fifth font for the specs on the back of the box. Black warranty label and switches on a white enclosure. Generic black cables. The list of aesthetic booboos there is enormous and I'm not even done.

I'm not a graphic artist and yet basic graphic design knowledge has embedded itself in me simply through exposure to good and bad presentation. I wouldn't care if the box was ugly because that goes in the recycling bin, but the unit itself also needs some presentation work. It looks like a cheap, stamped-steel budget PSU with white paint as an afterthought and everything else just the generic black as always. For an RGBLED vanity build (not something I care about in the slightest) the physical appearance MATTERS. If you're not going to put the PSU on display you aren't in the market for a non-standard colour with RGBLED at a price premium.

So, IMO even though this is a decent performing PSU, it's a product failure - it's supposed to be a cosmetic showpiece as well as a PSU and it lacks class, consistency, style, and flair.

ROMUZ

There are 4*PCI-E in this 650W model.
6*PCI-E come with 750W & 850W models.

Last edited:
System Name Order66
Processor Ryzen 7 3700X
Motherboard Asus TUF GAMING B550-PLUS
Cooling AMD Wraith Prism (BOX-cooler)
Memory 16GB DDR4 Corsair Desktop RAM Vengeance LPX 3200MHz Red
Video Card(s) GeForce RTX 3060Ti
Storage Seagate FireCuda 510 1TB SSD
Display(s) Asus VE228HR
Case Thermaltake Versa C21 RGB
Audio Device(s) onboard Realtek
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Software Windows10 64bit
Does the "EVGA SuperNOVA G3" units use the exact same platform with the "Super Flower Leadex III ARGB Gold 650 W" , besides the RGB features ? or are there other differences besides that ?
overall ,between those 2 Superflower-based platforms ,which one is the superior one when referring to build quality ?

( P.S. If i'm not mistaken , the older "G2" models were superior to the similar "Superflower Leadex II" when referring to capacitor-quality. )

it is not the same platform. it is something in between. Performance is high, though, in the G3 units, as well.

rullydotcom

Which one should I choose between this and XPG core reactor at 650 watt and at the same price?