• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Marsback M1 Keyboard

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Marsback brought us the Zephyr mouse with the bult-in fan, and today, we take a look at their first keyboard in the Marsback M1. Will it continue the trend of wacky and novel? Read more to see how this enthusiast-grade high-end keyboard, up on Kickstarter now, fares in our detailed review.

Show full review

System Name Lightbringer
Processor Ryzen 7 2700X
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X470-F Gaming
Cooling Enermax Liqmax Iii 360mm AIO
Memory G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB (8GBx4) 3200Mhz CL 14
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 5700XT Nitro+
Storage Hp EX950 2TB NVMe M.2, HP EX950 1TB NVMe M.2, Samsung 860 EVO 2TB
Display(s) LG 34BK95U-W 34" 5120 x 2160
Case Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic (White)
Power Supply BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850w Gold Rated PSU
Mouse Glorious Model O (Matte White)
Keyboard Royal Kludge RK71
Software Windows 10
Bummed that the software doesn't allow finer control of the lighting....I want to be able to not only control the speed and brightness of the gradient animation, but I want to be able to define how many "steps"/colors it goes through and what colors those are....it's hard to find a keyboard software that'll do that.

FYI: There's no screw called a "countersunk" screw...it's just called a "flat" phillips head/drive screw....just like if you google "flat socket head cap screw", you will see images of these:
DIN7991_M8x35_-_Hero_SS_ad948f0a-d954-4c07-8f51-cc17b2561aea_800x.jpg

Sorry, as a machinist I have a pet peeve with this subject....and if anyone ever needs this type of machine screw, and walk into a hardware store, asking for a "flat (insert drive style) screw" will get them what they're looking for. I guess the mix up comes from the fact that a countersink is used to make the recess for a flat screw.

Last edited:

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
lol fair enough, if that is the actual technical term then I will use flat head screws henceforth. My reasoning was to help distinguish these, which are in line with the case, compared to others that just lie on top even with the flat head. So you are right in that the screws are not countersunk, the recess is.