• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

CORSAIR K70 RGB TKL CHAMPION SERIES Keyboard + Mint Green Replacement Keycaps

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
One CORSAIR keyboard release in March was not enough, and today, we see the launch of the K70 RGB TKL. It moves their popular full-size keyboard design into the TKL space and includes some of the updates from their flagship K100, such as the doubleshot injected PBT keycaps and AXON processing for up to 8000 Hz polling!

Show full review

great review! do you have any information on a revised k63 tkl wireless? love mine with it's pbt replacement keycaps, wouldn't mind giving it to my brother and buying a newer version. Also a k63 lapboard for lefties wouldn't hurt!!!!!!!!!!!

System Name The Captain (2.0)
Processor Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E AORUS Master
Cooling 280mm Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 4x Be Quiet! 140mm Silent Wings 4 (1x exhaust 3x intake)
Memory 32GB (2x16) G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo (6000Mhz)
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3070 SUPRIM X
Storage 1x Crucial MX500 500GB SSD; 1x Crucial MX500 500GB M.2 SSD; 1x WD Blue HDD, 1x Crucial P5 Plus
Display(s) Aorus CV27F 27" 1080p 165Hz
Case Phanteks Evolv X (Anthracite Gray)
Power Supply Corsair RMx (2021) 1000W 80-Plus Gold
Mouse Varies based on mood/task; is currently Razer Basilisk V3 Pro or Razer Cobra Pro
Keyboard Varies based on mood; currently Razer Blackwidow V4 75% and Hyper X Alloy 65
As someone with vision problems, this part from the review kinda left a sour taste in my mouth:

"These legends are smaller throughout, which may be the company accepting feedback that the previous legends were too large for many."

I don't know about others but, the large legends/font was one of the main reasons I went with the K68 as my first mechanical keyboard. Because it was large enough for me to see comfortably (didn't have to get real close or strain my eyes). Not to mention large font boards are rare, especially in the PC gaming community. Sad to see Corsair going the same direction everyone else is going.

Now, keep in mind, the font on my current board from HyperX is a "normal" size - not too big/thick or small/thin (Razer is good for the latter) -- and sometimes I find myself hitting the wrong key when typing, but the size of the font is balanced out by the fact that I got HyperX crazy vibrant pudding keycaps on this board, and because they let in so much light, my eyes don't get fatigued as much.

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
Would be good to see what the mint keys look like lit up vs the stock ones - people do judge these things on how shiny they are in rainbow vomit mode as well as single colour

Processor 5900x
Motherboard Crosshair 8 Impact
Cooling Air
Memory Hynix C-Die 3200MHz @CL14
Video Card(s) 3080 FTW3 Ultra
Storage Lots
Display(s) Many
Case Something that protects my innards
Power Supply Seasonic 850FX gen2
Thıs performance section lacks completely in terms of performance related content. It is instead RGB, layout, noise related.

For me, the benchmark of benchmarkers in terms of keyboard performance recently has been this guy:

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
great review! do you have any information on a revised k63 tkl wireless? love mine with it's pbt replacement keycaps, wouldn't mind giving it to my brother and buying a newer version. Also a k63 lapboard for lefties wouldn't hurt!!!!!!!!!!!
No mention of a revised K63 TKL Wireless, but keep in mind that companies don't really share news about unannounced products.

Thıs performance section lacks completely in terms of performance related content. It is instead RGB, layout, noise related.

For me, the benchmark of benchmarkers in terms of keyboard performance recently has been this guy:
Not sure if it was you that I had asked this about in a separate review comment section, but I am still looking for some ways to incorporate latency testing. Let me take a look at the video and see what I can do. Thanks!

Would be good to see what the mint keys look like lit up vs the stock ones - people do judge these things on how shiny they are in rainbow vomit mode as well as single colour
It's covered in the penultimate section.

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
No mention of a revised K63 TKL Wireless, but keep in mind that companies don't really share news about unannounced products.

Not sure if it was you that I had asked this about in a separate review comment section, but I am still looking for some ways to incorporate latency testing. Let me take a look at the video and see what I can do. Thanks!

ahah, i missed it because i just didnt think of RGB stuff being in performance section - i should have checked all the pages

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
ahah, i missed it because i just didnt think of RGB stuff being in performance section - i should have checked all the pages

Yeah I am not sure about having a separate lighting page since many keyboards don't have it anyway, but maybe it makes sense for keyboards that do. Perhaps even renaming the page to Lighting & Performance when relevant.

Processor 5900x
Motherboard Crosshair 8 Impact
Cooling Air
Memory Hynix C-Die 3200MHz @CL14
Video Card(s) 3080 FTW3 Ultra
Storage Lots
Display(s) Many
Case Something that protects my innards
Power Supply Seasonic 850FX gen2

Hey, thanks! No it wasn't me but that guy does some great work in terms of latency testing truly. But I hope to read it rather than watch it so glad to hear you're working on it :) I look forward to it!

Reactions: VSG