• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Akko 3084 Silent Bluetooth 5.0

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
The Akko 3084 Silent Bluetooth 5.0 serves as a vehicle for the Gateron Orange switches, which is the primary reason for this review. But delving deeper in, we find out there is actually a lot to look at here even outside of the rare 84-key form factor.

Show full review

System Name Cypher-C4
Processor Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard MSI B450 Tomahawk Max
Cooling Deepcool AK620
Memory 32GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 3200MHz
Video Card(s) Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual
Storage 250GB Crucial MX500 + 2TB Crucial MX500 + 2TB WD Black + 4TB Toshiba + 1TB Samsung F3
Display(s) Acer XV272UP
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D
Audio Device(s) Behringher UMC202HD Audio Interface + Mackie HM-4 + Sennheiser HD 280 Pro + Shure SM58
Power Supply Corsair HX750i
Mouse Steelseries Rival 310
Keyboard Keychron K8 + Kailh BOX Crystal Jade switches + Ducky Good in Blue keycaps
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
I've always been interested in the 75% layout (the exploded one specifically), but I've always been somewhat wary of the position of the keys on the Function row. I wonder how long it'll be for me to get used to them. I have a good TKL keyboard now, but once any decent QMK board + Bluetooth + 75% layout + rotary encoder comes out, there's a good chance I'll switch to that. The upcoming Keychron Q1 ticks most of the right boxes except for wireless because BT isn't working with VIA right now.

Processor Ryzen 5700x
Motherboard Gigabyte X570S Aero G R1.1 BiosF5g
Cooling Noctua NH-C12P SE14 w/ NF-A15 HS-PWM Fan 1500rpm
Memory Micron DDR4-3200 2x32GB D.S. D.R. (CT2K32G4DFD832A)
Video Card(s) AMD RX 6800 - Asus Tuf
Storage Kingston KC3000 1TB & 2TB & 4TB Corsair MP600 Pro LPX
Display(s) LG 27UL550-W (27" 4k)
Case Be Quiet Pure Base 600 (no window)
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220-VB
Power Supply SuperFlower Leadex V Gold Pro 850W ATX Ver2.52
Mouse Mionix Naos Pro
Keyboard Corsair Strafe with browns
Software W10 22H2 Pro x64
I think the thing that bothers me most about peripherals these days is the 1 yr warranty, not that long ago 3-yr warranties used to be the norm..............

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
I think the thing that bothers me most about peripherals these days is the 1 yr warranty, not that long ago 3-yr warranties used to be the norm..............
If there are too many points of failure, sure. But mechanical switches these days are highly reliable, and there isn't any lighting here to worry about LED failure either.

I've always been interested in the 75% layout (the exploded one specifically), but I've always been somewhat wary of the position of the keys on the Function row. I wonder how long it'll be for me to get used to them. I have a good TKL keyboard now, but once any decent QMK board + Bluetooth + 75% layout + rotary encoder comes out, there's a good chance I'll switch to that. The upcoming Keychron Q1 ticks most of the right boxes except for wireless because BT isn't working with VIA right now.
I was going to say the GMMK Pro will tick most of the boxes but it's not wireless and also a different tier in pricing. I have an article of it submitted, but might be a while before it is published here.

System Name Cypher-C4
Processor Ryzen 9 5900X
Cooling Deepcool AK620
Storage 250GB Crucial MX500 + 2TB Crucial MX500 + 2TB WD Black + 4TB Toshiba + 1TB Samsung F3
Display(s) Acer XV272UP
Audio Device(s) Behringher UMC202HD Audio Interface + Mackie HM-4 + Sennheiser HD 280 Pro + Shure SM58
Keyboard Keychron K8 + Kailh BOX Crystal Jade switches + Ducky Good in Blue keycaps
I was going to say the GMMK Pro will tick most of the boxes but it's not wireless and also a different tier in pricing. I have an article of it submitted, but might be a while before it is published here.

I'm aware of the GMMK Pro. It's not a bad custom keyboard but I hope they have a revision that fixes the poor side lighting, the loose rotary encoder and add wireless connectivity.

Last edited:

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
I'm aware of the GMMK Pro. It's not a bad custom keyboard but I hope they have a revision that fixes the poor side lighting, the loose rotary encoder and add wireless connectivity.
What's wrong with the side lighting? It's not meant to be bright, and I thought it was plenty adequate. The encoder on the other hand yeah.. Don't hold your breath on a revision anytime soon though, they need to sort out the MCU stock issues and QMK support first.

System Name Cypher-C4
Processor Ryzen 9 5900X
Cooling Deepcool AK620
Display(s) Acer XV272UP
What's wrong with the side lighting? It's not meant to be bright, and I thought it was plenty adequate. The encoder on the other hand yeah.. Don't hold your breath on a revision anytime soon though, they need to sort out the MCU stock issues and QMK support first.
I've seen a lot of video reviews that show the side lights being very dim, compared to other mech keyboards on the market. Well tbh, I would rather they removed the side lighting altogether because I don't remember who's review it was, but they also mentioned that the side aluminium cutouts makes it rather flexy which I don't find desirable.

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
I've seen a lot of video reviews that show the side lights being very dim, compared to other mech keyboards on the market. Well tbh, I would rather they removed the side lighting altogether because I don't remember who's review it was, but they also mentioned that the side aluminium cutouts makes it rather flexy which I don't find desirable.
All I can say is I have not experienced any of those issues with my GMMK Pro, and it's a beast when it comes to the mass and build quality of the case. The cutout is tiny relative to the case.