• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

FiiO FH5s In-Ear Monitors

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
FiiO is a brand synonymous with good quality, high value portable audio, especially music players, DACs, and amps. A pairing for these is the brand's extensive IEM lineup, which gets a new addition with the new FH5s hybrid earphones featuring four driver units and a plethora of customization options!

Show full review

Your comments about channel inconsistency were very interesting - I had the same issue with the Hidizs MS4, which is the obvious competitor.

I've had pretty good experience with Fiio in the past, but I'll definitely give these a miss.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
I have some rare Sony earbuds that were only sold in Japan, they aren't super high end or anything, but they sound great to me. I think they were only $25-$35 or something. I had to import them from Japan though. I forget the model number. I can't see wanting anything more expensive though, they really do a great job.

For full size headphones however, I am always trying to find that magic mid-range budget pair that blows me away. HD58X did for a long time, but I am used to speakers now ; ; I miss the hobby though

Reactions: VSG

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Your comments about channel inconsistency were very interesting - I had the same issue with the Hidizs MS4, which is the obvious competitor.

I've had pretty good experience with Fiio in the past, but I'll definitely give these a miss.
I think the combination of the break-in effects and the tunable switches is the reason, but also you can somewhat mitigate it in bass boost mode which effectively has recessed highs to dampen the differences.

Great headphones, for this money it is better not to find. they have no analogues.
I bought them for 220$ on aliexpress, + 8$ I also got cashback.
Using FH5s with SpinFit CP145 + DAC ddHiFi TC35 Pro Mountain, everything is perfect.

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Great headphones, for this money it is better not to find. they have no analogues.
I bought them for 220$ on aliexpress, + 8$ I also got cashback.
Using FH5s with SpinFit CP145 + DAC ddHiFi TC35 Pro Mountain, everything is perfect.
That is a very nice deal, enjoy.