• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

FiiO BTR5 Portable High-Fidelity Bluetooth Amplifier

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Today, we examine the FiiO BTR5 aiming to bring some wireless freedom back to wired headphones courtesy a mobile flagship DAC and amplifier SoC supporting Bluetooth 5 and LDAC. In fact, there are two of those for both a 3.5 mm stereo output and a truly balanced 2.5 mm output for higher power drive.

Show full review

Processor 9600k
Motherboard MSI Z390I Gaming EDGE AC
Cooling Scythe Mugen 5
Memory 32GB of G.Skill Ripjaws V 3600MHz CL16
Video Card(s) MSI 3080 Ventus OC
Storage 2x Intel 660p 1TB
Display(s) Acer CG437KP
Case Streacom BC1 mini
Audio Device(s) Topping MX3
Power Supply Corsair RM750
Mouse R.A.T. DWS
Keyboard HAVIT KB487L / AKKO 3098 / Logitech G19
VR HMD HTC Vive
Benchmark Scores What's a "benchmark"?
BTR5 was a game changer for me as far as convenience is concerned. No bullshit, no "app" or registration needed, just charge, pair with a source and listen. The quality is good enough not to be offensive to an ex-musician listening to her own performances with LCD-4. It can even push not-so-easy-to-push planars like the Ether C Flow to a headache inducing level of volume with no sound degradation.
There is also BTR3k - similar sound signature and quality, also does LDAC and balanced headphones but slightly less powerful and without a screen, and cheaper.

Last edited:
So, I can attach a 4pin 3,5mm head jack with a high grade mic on it and use it wireless with a PC as a high end headset? How good is the voice transfer really?
As good as a rode go?
1630422620414.png

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
So, I can attach a 4pin 3,5mm head jack with a high grade mic on it and use it wireless with a PC as a high end headset? How good is the voice transfer really?
As good as a rode go? View attachment 214926
Of course not. Bluetooth here vs. dedicated 2.4 GHz antennas there, and also the bandwidth here is split between the headphones and microphone vs. just microphone on the Rode. It's fine for personal uses, but not really a prosumer or professional setup.