• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

FiiO FD3 In-Ear Monitors + New K3 Desktop DAC/Amp

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
We have a two-in-one from FiiO as we look at the recently launched FD3 in-ear monitors and New K3 desktop USB DAC/amplifier. The FD3 uses a single dynamic driver for each channel and has a lot of trickle-down tech from the more expensive FD5. The New K3 updates the DAC with higher SNR and lower distortion, too.

Show full review

System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
You made me look up how old FiiO is with your "well over a decade" comment. I bought my FiiO E7 headphone DAC to drive a pair of Sennheiser HD580s about 2010 or so; Good no-nonsense DAC.

Interesting to read that the K3 doesn't play well with EQ as my E7 (on the ASIO driver) is doing a stellar job after room calibration that ranges from -4.5dB to +3dB.

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
You made me look up how old FiiO is with your "well over a decade" comment. I bought my FiiO E7 headphone DAC to drive a pair of Sennheiser HD580s about 2010 or so; Good no-nonsense DAC.

Interesting to read that the K3 doesn't play well with EQ as my E7 (on the ASIO driver) is doing a stellar job after room calibration that ranges from -4.5dB to +3dB.
Perhaps there was some misunderstanding here, I meant the FD3 IEMs don't take EQ that well. The K3 is just a DAC/Amp and even has a deliberate bass boost switch :D

Alarchemn

I want to thank you for the review, it's quite good. Based on your experience, is there anything better than this DAC/AMP for the same price or maybe a little more?

Reactions: VSG

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member