• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

be quiet! Prepares its CPU Coolers for Intel LGA1700 Socket

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
be quiet!, the German manufacturer for premium PC components, ensures that its CPU coolers remain compatible with the latest CPU sockets. Therefore, the company will be offering a free upgrade kit for the upcoming Intel LGA1700 socket. In the course of 2022, all compatible coolers will include the new mounting material by default.

By showing a proof of purchase of an Alder-Lake-S CPU or an LGA1700 mainboard as well as a compatible be quiet! cooler, customers will receive the conversion kit free of charge from be quiet!. An order form will be available on the be quiet! website at the launch of the new processor generation. In addition, there is the possibility to purchase the assembly kits for a small nominal fee.

Thanks to the new conversion kit, almost all of the current be quiet! air and water coolers can be used with Intel LGA1700 without any restrictions. The mounting kit is compatible with the following be quiet! cooler models:
  • Dark Rock Pro 4
  • Dark Rock 4
  • Dark Rock Slim
  • Dark Rock TF 2
  • Shadow Rock 3
  • Shadow Rock Slim 2
  • Shadow Rock LP
  • Pure Rock 2
  • Pure Rock
  • Silent Loop 2
  • Pure Loop
For more information, visit this page.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name (2008) Dell XPS 730x H2C
Processor Intel Extreme QX9770 @ 3.8GHz (No OC)
Motherboard Dell LGA 775 (Dell Propiatary)
Cooling Dell AIO Ceramic Water Cooling (Dell Propiatary)
Memory Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4 x 4) DDR3
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 980ti 6GB (2016 ebay-used)
Storage (2) WD 1TB Velociraptor & (1) WD 2TB Black
Display(s) Alienware 34" AW3420DW (Amazon Warehouse)
Case Stock Dell 730x with "X" Side Panel (65 pounds fully decked out)
Audio Device(s) Creative X-FI Titanium & Corsair SP2500 Speakers
Power Supply PSU: 1000 Watt (Dell Propiatary)
Mouse Alienware AW610M (Amazon Warehouse)
Keyboard Corsair K95 XT (Amazon Warehouse)
Software Windows 7 Ultimate & Alienware FX Lighting
Benchmark Scores No Benchmarking & Overclocking
It doesn’t really matter! This is to basically placate existing 'be quiet' customers by offering of a LGA1700 MB conversion kit free of charge. The real deal will be that all manufactures will be making a bold statement in the months to come that enthusiasts however should be purchasing a new cooler specifically made for the new LGA1700 socket to get the ultimate protection. It’s doing business after all and they want to be selling more coolers and not having people holding-on to the old. Their marketing departments I am quite sure are now hard at work in how to achieve this and not loosing face in this "by new" effort and reaching into peoples pockets once more!

System Name Nebulon B
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard MSi PRO B650M-A WiFi
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory 2x 16 GB Corsair Vengeance EXPO DDR5-6000
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 6750 XT 12 GB
Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Display(s) Dell S3422DWG, 7" Waveshare touchscreen
Case Kolink Citadel Mesh black
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z333 2.1 speakers, AKG Y50 headphones
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-750
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S
Keyboard Logitech G413 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro
For a second, I was thinking about getting an upgrade kit for my Shadow Rock LP just because why not, but then: "By showing a proof of purchase of an Alder-Lake-S CPU or an LGA1700 mainboard..." which is probably not gonna happen as my i7-11700 will be plenty for me even after LGA-1700 is already replaced by something else. Makes sense, though.

Sweet! I'll be getting one for my Silent Loop 2 (280mm). i9 10900X at the moment. Will upgrade to Alder Lake soon as possible. Been on the X299 chipset far too long. It'll be nice to get PCI-E 5.0 support as well as DDR5 RAM.

Tommo1002

It doesn’t really matter! This is to basically placate existing 'be quiet' customers by offering of a LGA1700 MB conversion kit free of charge. The real deal will be that all manufactures will be making a bold statement in the months to come that enthusiasts however should be purchasing a new cooler specifically made for the new LGA1700 socket to get the ultimate protection. It’s doing business after all and they want to be selling more coolers and not having people holding-on to the old. Their marketing departments I am quite sure are now hard at work in how to achieve this and not loosing face in this "by new" effort and reaching into peoples pockets once more!
Not all enthusiasts are able to purchase a brand new cooler specifically designed for LGA 1700 tho