• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Tripowin x HBB Olina In-Ear Monitors

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
The Tripowin x HBB Olina is born out of a collaboration with an audio reviewer (HBB) and aims to put a popular dynamic driver used in a much more expensive set of IEMs into a more affordable package. It is tuned for more widespread appeal and placed in very comfortable and pleasant-looking shells to interest many looking for IEMs at the $100 price point.

Show full review

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
@Footman, perhaps this will help you decide on your $100 budget between the three major new releases (Aria, TITAN S, and Olina).

System Name Intel 2023
Processor Intel Core i5 13600KF
Motherboard Gigabyte B660M Aourus Pro
Cooling Custom water cooling loop
Memory 2x16gb Adata PC 3600
Video Card(s) AMD 6950XT
Storage 2TB Corsair MP600
Display(s) Nixeus 27 EDG
Case Phanteks P600
Audio Device(s) Topping DX3 Pro +
Power Supply Corsair RM850
Mouse Razer Basilisk
Keyboard Womier K87 with Tecsee Purple Panda switches
Software Win 11 Pro 64bit
Benchmark Scores Unfortunately no time anymore to benchmark....
@VSG My thanks for remembering me. You are too kind.

As always a tremendous review, the level of detail is everything one needs to make a purchasing decision.

Having said that :) I did take a slightly different approach and make a purchase today based on a recent listening session of my own. I purchased a set of KZ ZAX and spent a little extra to upgrade the standard cable with an 8 core 784 strand cable from KZ which came with angled C pin 0.75mm connectors and swapped out the tips for Spinfit silicone. The KZ ZAX were on sale for a ridiculous $61 at Linsoul!!!

To my ears, this IEM sounds incredible, more detailed than my AKG 371 and Meze Neo 99's (after parametric EQ), using my Fiio K5 Pro and listening to Flac via pc.

I noticed that you have yet to review any products from KZ. I would love to hear your thoughts on this hybrid IEM.

As always my thanks for your hard work VSG.

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
@VSG My thanks for remembering me. You are too kind.

As always a tremendous review, the level of detail is everything one needs to make a purchasing decision.

Having said that :) I did take a slightly different approach and make a purchase today based on a recent listening session of my own. I purchased a set of KZ ZAX and spent a little extra to upgrade the standard cable with an 8 core 784 strand cable from KZ which came with angled C pin 0.75mm connectors and swapped out the tips for Spinfit silicone. The KZ ZAX were on sale for a ridiculous $61 at Linsoul!!!

To my ears, this IEM sounds incredible, more detailed than my AKG 371 and Meze Neo 99's (after parametric EQ), using my Fiio K5 Pro and listening to Flac via pc.

I noticed that you have yet to review any products from KZ. I would love to hear your thoughts on this hybrid IEM.

As always my thanks for your hard work VSG.
I am very glad you are enjoying the KZs, I actually have a few KZ and CCA IEM reviews in the works, but not that particular one unfortunately.

System Name Intel 2023
Processor Intel Core i5 13600KF
Motherboard Gigabyte B660M Aourus Pro
Cooling Custom water cooling loop
Memory 2x16gb Adata PC 3600
Video Card(s) AMD 6950XT
Storage 2TB Corsair MP600
Display(s) Nixeus 27 EDG
Case Phanteks P600
Audio Device(s) Topping DX3 Pro +
Power Supply Corsair RM850
Mouse Razer Basilisk
Keyboard Womier K87 with Tecsee Purple Panda switches
Software Win 11 Pro 64bit
Benchmark Scores Unfortunately no time anymore to benchmark....
Not to worry, I look forward to more reviews. Another chance to upgrade, lol.....

Reactions: VSG
System Name Shadowdrone
Processor Intel Core i7 3770k @4.00GHz
Motherboard ASRock Fatal1ty Z77 Professional
Cooling Deepcool Ice Matrix 400
Memory G.Skill TridentX 16GB DDR3 2400MHz
Video Card(s) PALiT NVIDIA GeForce GTX680 JetStream 2
Storage WD Velociraptor 600GB + Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB
Display(s) Dell ST2320L 23 inch LED Backlit
Case Antec 1200 Full Tower Cabinet
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs X-FI Titanium
Power Supply Corsair HX800
Mouse MadCatz R.A.T. 7
Keyboard Custom Made 65% Keyboard
Software Windows 11 64-Bit
Olina looks and sounds like refined Mele. The bass is tighter and the treble is slightly elevated. I appreciate the time VSG takes for his detailed review and valuable insights. I hope VSG slowly branches out to speaking more objectively for IEMs using measurements that Mr. Amir does in AudioScienceReview - that methodology is rare and precise. Cheers.

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Olina looks and sounds like refined Mele. The bass is tighter and the treble is slightly elevated. I appreciate the time VSG takes for his detailed review and valuable insights. I hope VSG slowly branches out to speaking more objectively for IEMs using measurements that Mr. Amir does in AudioScienceReview - that methodology is rare and precise. Cheers.
HRTF is so personal and still barely understood that I am not convinced anything beyond the frequency response measurement and potentially CSD of some sort is worth it from a review point of view, there are many subjective aspects (unboxing, accessories, aesthetics, fit, usage) that make more sense here.