• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Quick Look: Dekoni Audio Elite Sheepskin Ear Pads for Meze 99

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Dekoni Audio has made a name for itself with a variety of replacement ear pads for headphones, many of which offer enhanced comfort and different tuning characteristics over first-party options. Today, we examine its Elite Sheepskin offering for the Meze 99 series of headphones and compare it to the stock pads for the Meze 99 Neo.

Show full review

Slave2Tech

I came across your article and decided to check out the website. I noticed they had the ear pads in "b-stock" for about forty dollars. I took a chance and I am highly impressed. I can't tell what the issue may be on the ear cups, they look very good. No blemishes or apparent manufacturing flaws I could see. When I listen to music the sound seems much more "balanced", due to the change in the bass response. I would say for 40 dollars the ear cups have a more compelling case for purchase for the Noir series. Thanks for the review, didn't know I needed this in my life!

Reactions: VSG

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
I came across your article and decided to check out the website. I noticed they had the ear pads in "b-stock" for about forty dollars. I took a chance and I am highly impressed. I can't tell what the issue may be on the ear cups, they look very good. No blemishes or apparent manufacturing flaws I could see. When I listen to music the sound seems much more "balanced", due to the change in the bass response. I would say for 40 dollars the ear cups have a more compelling case for purchase for the Noir series. Thanks for the review, didn't know I needed this in my life!
Just saw your comment, and glad these ended up working well for you too!

Processor Intel Core i7-10700K
Motherboard MSI Z490 Gaming Edge WiFi
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A chromax.Black
Memory 32GB Ballistix DDR4-3200
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Ti VENTUS 2X
Storage 2TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 12TB Western Digital Red Plus
Display(s) Asus TUF Gaming VG27AQL1A
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster X4, EPOS H6PRO
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS GX-550
Sorry for old bump/necro. Decided to get these for my Meze 99 Noir because my ears touched the driver with the stock pads, but just slightly. It was enough to annoy me. With the Dekoni Elite sheepskin pads the bass does seem tighter and better controlled. Other frequency response didn't change much that I could notice. The plus is that my ears no longer touch the drivers. I know they are supposed to have the same depth but my ears say otherwise. I paid the full $79 as nobody else seems to have them in stock except for Dekoni's online store. Well worth it in my opinion!

Reactions: VSG

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Sorry for old bump/necro. Decided to get these for my Meze 99 Noir because my ears touched the driver with the stock pads, but just slightly. It was enough to annoy me. With the Dekoni Elite sheepskin pads the bass does seem tighter and better controlled. Other frequency response didn't change much that I could notice. The plus is that my ears no longer touch the drivers. I know they are supposed to have the same depth but my ears say otherwise. I paid the full $79 as nobody else seems to have them in stock except for Dekoni's online store. Well worth it in my opinion!
Used pads tend to be softer and more compressed, maybe that's why the newer ones felt deeper?