• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

7Hz Eternal In-Ear Monitors

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
7Hz is back at it with a new release hot on the footsteps of the immortal Timeless. Aptly named Eternal, 7Hz is using a single large dynamic driver paired with unique aesthetics to celebrate its 10th anniversay as it aims to offer a dynamic parallel for those who don't get along with the planar drivers in the Timeless.

Show full review

Thribits

Nice review! Did you mean to put "Unique, polarizing, flashy aesthetics" both on negative and positive ?

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Nice review! Did you mean to put "Unique, polarizing, flashy aesthetics" both on negative and positive ?
Yup, because some will love it and others will hate it.

That's the least of my issues with it tbh.
Yeah, I read the review.

Do you plan on a review on some high-end earbuds like Rose Masaya or similar? TBH, I have them all but maybe there is some fresh entry? Earbuds are a long forgotten story but I hate sticking in-ear crap.

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Yeah, I read the review.

Do you plan on a review on some high-end earbuds like Rose Masaya or similar? TBH, I have them all but maybe there is some fresh entry? Earbuds are a long forgotten story but I hate sticking in-ear crap.
I haven't considered them yet but no reason not to. Let me reach out to the company and see.

System Name Sleepy Painter
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard Asus TuF Gaming X570-PLUS/WIFI
Cooling FSP Windale 6 - Passive
Memory 2x16GB F4-3600C16-16GVKC @ 16-19-21-36-58-1T
Video Card(s) MSI RX580 8GB
Storage 2x Samsung PM963 960GB nVME RAID0, Crucial BX500 1TB SATA, WD Blue 3D 2TB SATA
Display(s) Microboard 32" Curved 1080P 144hz VA w/ Freesync
Case NZXT Gamma Classic Black
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar D1
Power Supply Rosewill 1KW on 240V@60hz
Mouse Logitech MX518 Legend
Keyboard Red Dragon K552
Software Windows 10 Enterprise 2019 LTSC 1809 17763.1757
7Hz, yet they start from 10Hz. Peak irony or what?
Very first thing that caught my eye too. Kinda ruins the product's image. Meh, I'm not a prospective customer anyway.

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Yeah, I read the review.

FYI doesn't look like high-end ear buds sell enough to justify marketing and review samples from retailers. So a review is not likely to happen unfortunately.

FYI doesn't look like high-end ear buds sell enough to justify marketing and review samples from retailers. So a review is not likely to happen unfortunately.
Yeah, sadly that's an expensive niche. Emphasis on niche. Oh, also on expensive. :D

I just don't get it, why do people love to stck these silicone plugs deep down in their ears? It's uncomfortable, unsanitary and it provides a sub-optimal acoustic performance. I guess we'll never know.

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Yeah, sadly that's an expensive niche. Emphasis on niche. Oh, also on expensive. :D

I just don't get it, why do people love to stck these silicone plugs deep down in their ears? It's uncomfortable, unsanitary and it provides a sub-optimal acoustic performance. I guess we'll never know.
It's not supposed to be any of those things, so I can't tell you what is wrong with your experience. If anything, the ergonomically shaped IEMs are fantastic for comfort and offer fuller, more isolating sound with impact. I know I have very little ear buds experience, but just making sure you don't dismiss IEMs based on potentially one bad experience.

It's not supposed to be any of those things, so I can't tell you what is wrong with your experience. If anything, the ergonomically shaped IEMs are fantastic for comfort and offer fuller, more isolating sound with impact. I know I have very little ear buds experience, but just making sure you don't dismiss IEMs based on potentially one bad experience.
There is something you should know about me - I am nuts for extreme audio. I've tried almost anything, including extremely expensive IEM with custom ear molds.
It either irritates me because I can feel it in my ear canal, or it's simply loose.
Not my cup of tea, those.