• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Gigabyte Z690I AORUS Ultra Plus DDR4

ir_cow

Staff member
Gigabyte releases yet another ITX compliant motherboard for the Intel LGA 1700 socket. Using the Z690 chipset, it comes with the added bonus of PCIe Gen5 support. Rich in features, along with a powerful VRM solution, Gigabyte is looking to be a part of your next SFF build. Join me as we take a closer look at Gigabyte's newest ITX offering.

Show full review

Processor 9600k
Motherboard MSI Z390I Gaming EDGE AC
Cooling Scythe Mugen 5
Memory 32GB of G.Skill Ripjaws V 3600MHz CL16
Video Card(s) MSI 3080 Ventus OC
Storage 2x Intel 660p 1TB
Display(s) Acer CG437KP
Case Streacom BC1 mini
Audio Device(s) Topping MX3
Power Supply Corsair RM750
Mouse R.A.T. DWS
Keyboard HAVIT KB487L / AKKO 3098 / Logitech G19
VR HMD HTC Vive
Benchmark Scores What's a "benchmark"?
Thank you for the review. Seems like a great board but it's price makes my wallet pocket constrict. That's what keeps me from getting a 12th gen CPU, there aren't many reasonable DDR4 ITX boards with two m.2 slots - in fact, there seem to be none at all, at least none that could actually be purchased. Biostar and Colorful announced B660 ITX boards which tick those boxes but they don't seem to be available anywhere in Europe. There's a cheaper variant of this Gigabyte board, the B660I AORUS Pro DDR4, which only has a single m.2 but at least has an optical audio output.

I can definitely vouch for needing to check the clearances on this MoBo. I have an Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II that I can't use because there is no room for the waterblock assembly. Since I've had the MoBo for over 30 days, I now I have to look for a lower performance cooler that will fit in this tiny area. :mad:

ir_cow

Staff member
@MrFrogSD I saw one user review with the same AIO. They apparently cut some of the plastic off the fan part to make it fit.

Andru123

@ir_cow You mentioned that underside had some RGB leds. Can you describe more, if you remember? like, 2-3 or 10 across the board?