• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

HyperX Pulsefire Haste Wireless Gaming Mouse

pzogel

Reviewer
More than a year after the wired Pulsefire Haste, HyperX has released the Wireless version. Still powered by PixArt's PAW3335 sensor and equipped with TTC Golden Micro switches, the 60 g Pulsefire Haste Wireless is said to have a battery life of up to 100 hours.

Show full review

System Name Cocogoat
Processor 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900KS Special Edition
Motherboard ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 APEX ENCORE
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S upgraded with 2x NF-F12 iPPC-3000 fans and Honeywell PTM7950 TIM
Memory 32 GB G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB F5-6800J3445G16GX2-TZ5RK @ 7600 MT/s 36-44-44-52-96 1.425V
Video Card(s) ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX™ 4080 16GB GDDR6X White OC Edition
Storage 500 GB WD Black SN750 SE NVMe SSD + 4 TB WD Red Plus WD40EFPX HDD
Display(s) 55-inch LG G3 OLED
Case Pichau Mancer CV500 White Edition
Power Supply EVGA 1300 G2 1.3kW 80+ Gold
Mouse Microsoft Classic Intellimouse
Keyboard Galax Stealth STL-03
Software Windows 11 IoT Enterprise LTSC 24H2
Benchmark Scores I pulled a Qiqi~
Nice review, man. The wired version of this is my all time favorite mouse, and i'm going to openly admit to shilling it every chance I get, but this wireless one seems to be a significant step back from the original in terms of click latency performance. It's bad enough to ruin it for competitive play, IMO.

RTINGS' review on it covered it pretty well, too. I should probably pick one or two of these mice and keep them around for the long haul, if this wireless version ends up replacing the original wired one somehow.

Definitely agree that this could be a good buy if they deliver firmware fixes to the big issues. Really disappointing since the price, shape, and theoretical performance are really well balanced.

Nice review, man. The wired version of this is my all time favorite mouse, and i'm going to openly admit to shilling it every chance I get, but this wireless one seems to be a significant step back from the original in terms of click latency performance. It's bad enough to ruin it for competitive play, IMO.

RTINGS' review on it covered it pretty well, too. I should probably pick one or two of these mice and keep them around for the long haul, if this wireless version ends up replacing the original wired one somehow.
Do the holes not get nasty after a while?

System Name Cocogoat
Processor 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900KS Special Edition
Motherboard ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 APEX ENCORE
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S upgraded with 2x NF-F12 iPPC-3000 fans and Honeywell PTM7950 TIM
Memory 32 GB G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB F5-6800J3445G16GX2-TZ5RK @ 7600 MT/s 36-44-44-52-96 1.425V
Video Card(s) ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX™ 4080 16GB GDDR6X White OC Edition
Storage 500 GB WD Black SN750 SE NVMe SSD + 4 TB WD Red Plus WD40EFPX HDD
Display(s) 55-inch LG G3 OLED
Case Pichau Mancer CV500 White Edition
Power Supply EVGA 1300 G2 1.3kW 80+ Gold
Mouse Microsoft Classic Intellimouse
Keyboard Galax Stealth STL-03
Software Windows 11 IoT Enterprise LTSC 24H2
Benchmark Scores I pulled a Qiqi~
Do the holes not get nasty after a while?

Surprisingly, they don't, even if you have the habit of eating next to your PC (guilty as charged here!). The place where I got some grime accumulated from use is around the left side buttons. Using the mouse for about a year now... you kinda just inspired me to clean it a bit :eek:

System Name Commercial towing vehicle "Nostromo"
Processor 5800X3D
Motherboard X570 Unify
Cooling EK-AIO 360
Memory 32 GB Fury 3666 MHz
Video Card(s) 4070 Ti Eagle
Storage SN850 NVMe 1TB + Renegade NVMe 2TB + 870 EVO 4TB
Display(s) 25" Legion Y25g-30 360Hz
Case Lian Li LanCool 216 v2
Audio Device(s) Razer Blackshark v2 Hyperspeed / Bowers & Wilkins Px7 S2e
Power Supply HX1500i
Mouse Harpe Ace Aim Lab Edition
Keyboard Scope II 96 Wireless
Software Windows 11 23H2 / Fedora w. KDE
The CPI deviation sounds odd - I have had this mouse for 3 month now, and never had issues with that - what surface/mouse mat are you using?

System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
$80 for a mouse that has issues?
Yes, it's light - but that's no excuse for software and firmware problems. You're almost better off using a $5 aliexpress e-Waste peripheral if they can't get the basics right.

I jumped around a few mice this year after getting fed up with my (free) Deathadder and Viper Mini and settled on the Roccat Burst Core as per your review last year. For $30 it's pretty much perfect. Light at 68g, flawless sensor performance, one of the lowest latencies you've tested, and on-board memory so you don't need bloatware installed or even running.

It just reminds me that mice don't have to be expensive to be good, and really makes me question why we're all paying triple the cost for inferior products that are bogged down with useless features and problematic software that worsen the primary job of a mouse - tracking a surface and registering clicks. Any mouse over $30 that isn't effectively flawless at tracking and clicking is now dead to me.

pzogel

Reviewer
The CPI deviation sounds odd - I have had this mouse for 3 month now, and never had issues with that - what surface/mouse mat are you using?
I've found it odd as well, which is why I've tested it in every conceivable scenario possible (default steps without NGENUITY running, default steps with NGENUITY running, non-default steps without NGENUITY running, and non-default steps with NGENUITY running), yet the results were always the exact same. I'm using a regular cloth pad from Glorious, which isn't known to cause any significant deviation, let alone to this degree. I strongly suspect this issue has been introduced in the latest firmware update, or the mouse may simply be faulty. In any case, since HyperX approved the review, we have to assume that it's working as intended.

ffolekram

So the pulsefire haste, doest not support wireless charging?
In my personal experience, although the mouse spec itself is important, but whether the mouse is using wireless charing kind of affects my opinions a lot,
A dock capable of wireless charging not only makes charging eaiser but also makes to dongle much closer to the mouse itself.

pzogel

Reviewer
So the pulsefire haste, doest not support wireless charging?
In my personal experience, although the mouse spec itself is important, but whether the mouse is using wireless charing kind of affects my opinions a lot,
A dock capable of wireless charging not only makes charging eaiser but also makes to dongle much closer to the mouse itself.
Only way to charge it is by plugging in the cable.

System Name Commercial towing vehicle "Nostromo"
Processor 5800X3D
Motherboard X570 Unify
Cooling EK-AIO 360
Memory 32 GB Fury 3666 MHz
Video Card(s) 4070 Ti Eagle
Storage SN850 NVMe 1TB + Renegade NVMe 2TB + 870 EVO 4TB
Display(s) 25" Legion Y25g-30 360Hz
Case Lian Li LanCool 216 v2
Audio Device(s) Razer Blackshark v2 Hyperspeed / Bowers & Wilkins Px7 S2e
Power Supply HX1500i
Mouse Harpe Ace Aim Lab Edition
Keyboard Scope II 96 Wireless
Software Windows 11 23H2 / Fedora w. KDE
@pzogel - what lift-off distance where you testing with?
I have both the cabled and the wireless versions, and both are working flawlessly

Firmware on the cabled is: 1.1.0.6
Firmware on the wireless is: ??

Haste.jpg
Haste1.jpg

Last edited:

pzogel

Reviewer
@VulkanBros : 1 mm setting, though unless something is severely bugged, lift-off distance typically has no effect on CPI deviation.

MouseBall

Can you share more details on how did you test the DPI deviation? Was it an automated machine or jig that moves across a certaince distance? or something else? Most people I know with this doesn't see this issue and my copy has some variation, but nothing to this far extreme.

Separate aside, it looks like the link to the "click latency tester google drive" link is dead and the thread doesn't have a new link...

pzogel

Reviewer
Can you share more details on how did you test the DPI deviation? Was it an automated machine or jig that moves across a certaince distance? or something else? Most people I know with this doesn't see this issue and my copy has some variation, but nothing to this far extreme.

Separate aside, it looks like the link to the "click latency tester google drive" link is dead and the thread doesn't have a new link...
I'm using MouseTester for this. The mouse is moved exactly 10 cm by hand, led along a ruler. I'm doing ten runs, remove the four runs with the highest deviation, and average the rest. I suspect the deviation on the launch firmware was lower, unfortunately I only tested it after updating to the latest one.

I've seen that as well. I'll try to get those uploaded here on TPU.