• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Razer Viper V2 Pro Gaming Mouse

pzogel

Reviewer
With the Viper V2 Pro, Razer revises the Viper Ultimate across the board: it now has a weight of just 58 g, comes with Razer's new industry-leading Focus Pro sensor capable of 30,000 CPI, offers up to 80 hours of battery life, and uses Razer's third-generation optical switches for the main buttons.

Show full review

It seems like resource heavy software's for Keyboards and mice are common across multiple manufacturers and its a real shame that these manufacturers cannot trim down the fat.

dgianstefani

TPU Proofreader
Staff member
System Name Silent
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D @ 5.15ghz BCLK OC, TG AM5 High Performance Heatspreader
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix X670E-I, chipset fans replaced with Noctua
Cooling Optimus Block, HWLabs Copper 240/40 + 240/30, D5/Res, 4x Noctua A12x25, 2x A4x10, Mayhems Ultra Pure
Memory 32 GB Dominator Platinum 6150 MT 26-36-36-48, 56.6ns AIDA, 2050 FCLK, 160 ns tRFC, active cooled
Video Card(s) RTX 3080 Ti Founders Edition, Conductonaut Extreme, 18 W/mK MinusPad Extreme, Corsair XG7 Waterblock
Storage Intel Optane DC P1600X 118 GB, Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB
Display(s) 32" 240 Hz 1440p Samsung G7, 31.5" 165 Hz 1440p LG NanoIPS Ultragear, MX900 dual gas VESA mount
Case Sliger SM570 CNC Aluminium 13-Litre, 3D printed feet, custom front, LINKUP Ultra PCIe 4.0 x16 white
Audio Device(s) Audeze Maxwell Ultraviolet w/upgrade pads & LCD headband, Galaxy Buds 3 Pro, Razer Nommo Pro
Power Supply SF750 Plat, full transparent custom cables, Sentinel Pro 1500 Online Double Conversion UPS w/Noctua
Mouse Razer Viper Pro V2 8 KHz Mercury White w/Tiger Ice Skates & Pulsar Supergrip tape
Keyboard Wooting 60HE+ module, TOFU-R CNC Alu/Brass, SS Prismcaps W+Jellykey, LekkerV2 mod, TLabs Leath/Suede
Software Windows 11 IoT Enterprise LTSC 24H2
Benchmark Scores Legendary
It seems like resource heavy software's for Keyboards and mice are common across multiple manufacturers and its a real shame that these manufacturers cannot trim down the fat.
Agreed, razer is a lot better than it used to be though, and synapse is much, much better than equivalent software like icue is now. I guess keyboards and mice also have a lot more features these days.

Knuck1

I don't have a problem or complaint about Razer's software... it is what it is and it doesn't cause any problems for me.

As for the Viper V2 Pro, I have now had the white version for a couple of weeks, and I am very pleased with it. The first thing I noticed, when compared with my other Vipers, is the superb feel of the main buttons. They are super crisp and have not the slightest bit of mushiness. The coating is very good, and I have not had any problem with losing my grip. The scroll wheel is excellent, very tactile and not too noisy. The stock skates are very smooth and give good control.

I haven't tried the new HyperPolling dongle (it has yet to arrive), but the accuracy and response of the sensor is about as perfect as I have encountered.

I use this mouse for everything - from playing to office work, and it is all-day non-fatiguing. It is a very comfortable mouse.

One thing that I simply cannot understand is the furor over the price - yes, it is expensive, but it is as premium in every respect as can be obtained in a mouse. It is a technical tour de force and light in weight. Why would anyone complain about the Viper V2 Pro's price, yet not complain about Logitech's Superlight? I makes no sense to me.

It really is not comparable with other Razer Viper mice - this is the competition version, like a Subaru WRX compared to a WRX STi. They may look similar, but the quality of components on the STi is not comparable to the standard WRX - they are far superior on the STi. If you can't appreciate the difference, buy the WRX and don't complain about the STi being more expensive. The same is true for the Viper V2 Pro.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard ASUS B550M-Plus WiFi II
Cooling Noctua U12A chromax.black
Memory Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600Mhz
Video Card(s) Palit RTX 4080 GameRock OC
Storage Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB + 980 Pro 2TB
Display(s) Acer Nitro XV271UM3B IPS 180Hz
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) Creative Gigaworks - Razer Blackshark V2 Pro
Power Supply Corsair SF750
Mouse Razer Viper
Keyboard Asus ROG Falchion
Software Windows 11 64bit
I don’t like razer - I like Logitech.
I had a g pro mouse that started double clicking after 5-6 months. Then I got a razer viper. Almost a year, maybe more, no issues, no software crashes or anything.

I have a g513 carbon. It started double typing a couple of months ago. I mean, come on Logitech, that’s ridiculous.
I haven’t replaced it yet but apart from the cost, I don’t see why I shouldn’t buy a razer keyboard.

On topic, I thought the viper v2 pro would be 8K. Not that it matters much…

System Name Mean machine
Processor 12900k
Motherboard MSI Unify X
Cooling Noctua U12A
Memory 7600c34
Video Card(s) 4090 Gamerock oc
Storage 980 pro 2tb
Display(s) Samsung crg90
Case Fractal Torent
Audio Device(s) Hifiman Arya / a30 - d30 pro stack
Power Supply Be quiet dark power pro 1200
Mouse Viper ultimate
Keyboard Blackwidow 65%
The only reason i got the viper ultimate was the 4 side buttons, and now they removed them. It was the only mouse with 4 of them

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard ASUS B550M-Plus WiFi II
Cooling Noctua U12A chromax.black
Memory Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600Mhz
Video Card(s) Palit RTX 4080 GameRock OC
Storage Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB + 980 Pro 2TB
Display(s) Acer Nitro XV271UM3B IPS 180Hz
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) Creative Gigaworks - Razer Blackshark V2 Pro
Power Supply Corsair SF750
Mouse Razer Viper
Keyboard Asus ROG Falchion
Software Windows 11 64bit
The only reason i got the viper ultimate was the 4 side buttons, and now they removed them. It was the only mouse with 4 of them

Now that you wrote it, I realised that my viper (corded) has also 4 side buttons…lol

I’ve never used them!

But they shouldn’t remove them.

System Name Mean machine
Processor 12900k
Motherboard MSI Unify X
Cooling Noctua U12A
Memory 7600c34
Video Card(s) 4090 Gamerock oc
Storage 980 pro 2tb
Display(s) Samsung crg90
Case Fractal Torent
Audio Device(s) Hifiman Arya / a30 - d30 pro stack
Power Supply Be quiet dark power pro 1200
Mouse Viper ultimate
Keyboard Blackwidow 65%
Now that you wrote it, I realised that my viper (corded) has also 4 side buttons…lol

I’ve never used them!

But they shouldn’t remove them.
Yeah, there are other mouses with 4 but they are mirrored, meaning you cant assign different functions to each one of them. Viper is the only expecting I know off that you can use all 4 of them individually

For quite some time I was baffled that it's already 2022 already and there is no published review of Logitech G Pro X Superlight. Now that that the review of Razer Viper V2 Pro is out, a review from which I expected no less than a shitload of comparisons and parallels to the Superlight and GPW -> Superlight transition, some things start to become more obvious.

GPW was reviewed by Vanir 4 years ago. Soon after pzogel took over the mice review section here and has since produced 133 reviews in this category. Only in 5 of them the GPW was mentioned in the conclusion as an alternative. Superlight in none. Sure, not all mice are in this category, but shall we count how many are though? Here and there these Logitech mice were mentioned for some of their well known features - like in this review how Superlight was not once but twice beaten at weight and GPW was the first object to compare the viper to. Surely unpopular niche products no one would like to see their review hyperlink and price tag in the suggested alternatives taking the marketing spot of a no-name honeycomb copypasta.

Meanwhile 15 months after the GPW review here and twice that after the first Lightspeed mouse, this reviewer gave the first Razer Viper Ultimate the Innovation Award "for its wireless tech" without even mentioning through the review what would make it any special, unless it was for the close-to-the-mouse-wireless-receiver-dongle-that-doubles-as-a-charging-dock wireless tech.

pzogel

Reviewer
For quite some time I was baffled that it's already 2022 already and there is no published review of Logitech G Pro X Superlight. Now that that the review of Razer Viper V2 Pro is out, a review from which I expected no less than a shitload of comparisons and parallels to the Superlight and GPW -> Superlight transition, some things start to become more obvious.

GPW was reviewed by Vanir 4 years ago. Soon after pzogel took over the mice review section here and has since produced 133 reviews in this category. Only in 5 of them the GPW was mentioned in the conclusion as an alternative. Superlight in none. Sure, not all mice are in this category, but shall we count how many are though? Here and there these Logitech mice were mentioned for some of their well known features - like in this review how Superlight was not once but twice beaten at weight and GPW was the first object to compare the viper to. Surely unpopular niche products no one would like to see their review hyperlink and price tag in the suggested alternatives taking the marketing spot of a no-name honeycomb copypasta.

Meanwhile 15 months after the GPW review here and twice that after the first Lightspeed mouse, this reviewer gave the first Razer Viper Ultimate the Innovation Award "for its wireless tech" without even mentioning through the review what would make it any special, unless it was for the close-to-the-mouse-wireless-receiver-dongle-that-doubles-as-a-charging-dock wireless tech.
Unfortunately, back when the GPX released, it was impossible to source a sample from Logitech. I've tried for several months, but it never worked out. Looking back, I should've just bought one, but it is what it is. Doing a review now wouldn't make much sense.

The main thing the VU did that no other wireless mouse at the time was doing was MotionSync. In fact, outside of Razer mice there still aren't any other wireless mice doing this on the level the VU did in 2019. Hence, the Innovation award was entirely warranted.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, back when the GPX released, it was impossible to source a sample from Logitech. I've tried for several months, but it never worked out. Looking back, I should've just bought one, but it is what it is. Doing a review now wouldn't make much sense.

The main thing the VU did that no other wireless mouse at the time was doing was MotionSync. In fact, outside of Razer mice there still aren't any other wireless mice doing this on the level the VU did in 2019. Hence, the Innovation was entirely warranted.
I agree that's pretty fair. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't that also the first mouse with optical switches at the time, and also the lightest wireless mouse at its launch?

pzogel

Reviewer
I agree that's pretty fair. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't that also the first mouse with optical switches at the time, and also the lightest wireless mouse at its launch?
There were others before it, but the implementation on the VU was among if not the best, and the weight of course was highly competive as well.

dgianstefani

TPU Proofreader
Staff member
System Name Silent
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D @ 5.15ghz BCLK OC, TG AM5 High Performance Heatspreader
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix X670E-I, chipset fans replaced with Noctua
Cooling Optimus Block, HWLabs Copper 240/40 + 240/30, D5/Res, 4x Noctua A12x25, 2x A4x10, Mayhems Ultra Pure
Memory 32 GB Dominator Platinum 6150 MT 26-36-36-48, 56.6ns AIDA, 2050 FCLK, 160 ns tRFC, active cooled
Video Card(s) RTX 3080 Ti Founders Edition, Conductonaut Extreme, 18 W/mK MinusPad Extreme, Corsair XG7 Waterblock
Storage Intel Optane DC P1600X 118 GB, Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB
Display(s) 32" 240 Hz 1440p Samsung G7, 31.5" 165 Hz 1440p LG NanoIPS Ultragear, MX900 dual gas VESA mount
Case Sliger SM570 CNC Aluminium 13-Litre, 3D printed feet, custom front, LINKUP Ultra PCIe 4.0 x16 white
Audio Device(s) Audeze Maxwell Ultraviolet w/upgrade pads & LCD headband, Galaxy Buds 3 Pro, Razer Nommo Pro
Power Supply SF750 Plat, full transparent custom cables, Sentinel Pro 1500 Online Double Conversion UPS w/Noctua
Mouse Razer Viper Pro V2 8 KHz Mercury White w/Tiger Ice Skates & Pulsar Supergrip tape
Keyboard Wooting 60HE+ module, TOFU-R CNC Alu/Brass, SS Prismcaps W+Jellykey, LekkerV2 mod, TLabs Leath/Suede
Software Windows 11 IoT Enterprise LTSC 24H2
Benchmark Scores Legendary

OptimumTech has good things to say.