• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Noble Viking Ragnar In-Ear Monitors

bug

Processor Intel i5-12600k
Motherboard Asus H670 TUF
Cooling Arctic Freezer 34
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill Ripjaws V
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1060 SC
Storage 500GB Samsung 970 EVO, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Crucial MX300 and 2TB Crucial MX500
Display(s) Dell U3219Q + HP ZR24w
Case Raijintek Thetis
Audio Device(s) Audioquest Dragonfly Red :D
Power Supply Seasonic 620W M12
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
Software Arch Linux + Win10
I'm imagining these guys brainstorming:
- What says clean, crisp sound like nothing else?
- A viking!
- And what else?
- Damascus steel!

But hey, as long as it works...

Good review as always. Even though it's OCC and not the usual o free that's pricey for a cable but not unheard of in this market. Price, but pretty and for a small shop really not that pricey.
I'm imagining these guys brainstorming:
- What says clean, crisp sound like nothing else?
- A viking!
- And what else?
- Damascus steel!

But hey, as long as it works...
I think a lot of this stuff is just going for the most eye catching design and crazy name out there now.

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Good review as always. Even though it's OCC and not the usual o free that's pricey for a cable but not unheard of in this market. Price, but pretty and for a small shop really not that pricey.

I think a lot of this stuff is just going for the most eye catching design and crazy name out there now.
Yeah I feel I'd rather pay $2k for the full damasacus cable than $1.2k for this one (most likely wouldn't get either personally because I can't afford it) but it's still very impressible in person.

Yeah I feel I'd rather pay $2k for the full damasacus cable than $1.2k for this one (most likely wouldn't get either personally because I can't afford it) but it's still very impressible in person.

I feel that up to a point, maybe to 500, you are paying for a better cable. There's a difference between the sort of garbage wiring, sheilding, build quality, connectors, durability, between cheap cables and really good ones. Yes even sound to an extent with analogue cables. Once you get above that you start getting into "cause fuck you, it's awesome", which I do have respect for.

Really 1200 for that and 2k for damscus wouldn't be that bad. It's slugging into the higher ends. It's keeping up with the 3-5k options from the likes of effect audio in looks, it's more unique, and looks as well if not better built, and effect audio is firmly "because we could, didn't matter if we should" and is open that sure their stuff is better than most but at this point you're paying for love of the audio hobby and the art of it all.

Personally I go here: https://www.moon-audio.com/dragon-audio-cables/iem-earphone.html for my cable needs. Small company, in the US (North Carolina), they work with top brands (they help make JH audio stuff) and have famous customers from bands to audio engineers and if you ask it, they can fab it! It's all the stupid OCC copper or silver, choose your connectors at both ends. They will give you guides to mod your headphones or mod a pair for you.

Nothing sucks more than hearing great things about something and getting it and then the case, the tips, the cable, is all just sad trombone sound followed by a loud fart. Don't sell kilo buck stuff and then cheap out on the rest. If you are going to do that, do it the proper way, the professional way. Just ship the IEMs in a cardboard box with a foam cut out and leave out the rest. It's less insulting that bothering with the throw away.

It's also good about the Viking, they said screw it let's go all out with everything about it.