• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

iBasso SR3 Open-Back Dynamic Driver Headphones

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
iBasso aims to use bio-cellulose dynamic drivers to their full potential with its new SR3 open-back headphones. These provide some of the most dynamic and punchy sound I've heard, which can be customized further based on the ear pads chosen. The SR3 also gets a good industrial design prioritizing comfort and build quality, making it well worthy of consideration.

Show full review

Dirian

iBasso SR2 are semi-open, not open. They even sounds like closed earphones. SR3 are open that's true. Both are great earphones for asking price.

Reactions: VSG
iBasso SR2 are semi-open, not open. They even sounds like closed earphones. SR3 are open that's true. Both are great earphones for asking price.

I'm going to dunk on dynamics again but this open back is not not the issue. Despite all that my fastest recommend for cans remains the HD 280 Pro which doesn't require much to drive and I'll slap the Sony MDR a solid on the way out. Despite both of these being, at a store, sub 100 purchases, closed backed, and dynamic drivers. But for listening cans all this sucks and you are looking at open backed planars.