• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

LAMZU Atlantis Mini

System Name Computer of Theseus
Processor Intel i9-12900KS: 50x Pcore multi @ 1.18Vcore (target 1.275V -100mv offset)
Motherboard EVGA Z690 Classified
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S, 2xThermalRight TY-143, 4xNoctua NF-A12x25,3xNF-A12x15, 2xAquacomputer Splitty9Active
Memory G-Skill Trident Z5 (32GB) DDR5-6000 C36 F5-6000J3636F16GX2-TZ5RK
Video Card(s) ASUS PROART RTX 4070 Ti-Super OC 16GB
Storage 1x Samsung 970 Pro 512GB NVMe (OS), 2x Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB (data 1 and 2), ASUS BW-16D1HT
Display(s) Dell S3220DGF 32" 2560x1440 165Hz Primary, Dell P2017H 19.5" 1600x900 Secondary, Ergotron LX arms.
Case Lian Li O11 Air Mini
Audio Device(s) Audiotechnica ATR2100X-USB, El Gato Wave XLR Mic Preamp, ATH M50X Headphones, Behringer 302USB Mixer
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex Platinum SE 1000W 80+ Platinum White
Mouse Zowie EC3-C
Keyboard Vortex Multix 87 Winter TKL (Gateron G Pro Yellow)
Software Win 10 LTSC 21H2
Nice looking mouse! Good to see wireless "zowie" style sensible ergo shapes.

System Name Vedica
Processor Intel Core i7-9700K
Motherboard Gigabyte AORUS Ultra Z390
Cooling Alphacool Eisblock XPX
Memory 32GB DDR4, 4x Crucial Ballistix Sport LT BLS8G4D30AESBK
Video Card(s) Nvidia RTX 3080
Storage 2x Sabrent 1 TB Rocket - 1x Seagate Barracuda ST4000DM004
Display(s) Dell AW3423DWF
Case Fractal Design Define R6
Audio Device(s) Motu M2
Power Supply Corsair RM1000x
Mouse Cooler Master MM720
Keyboard Wooting One
Nice mouse! Too bad it's symmetrical and the switches are not optical. Are they at least swappable without desoldering?

ginzberg

@pzogel I am very curious about this odd behavior your observed related to SPI jitter. You mentioned you believed it was possibly related to polling, and that it was something you were not able to reproduce reliably.

(From the article, my highlighting)
====

atlantis_spi_jitter.png

====

Have you experienced similar behavior in any other mouse reviews?

The reason I am so interested in this is that I recently received the updated Atlantis Mini 4K, and I have been experiencing very odd stutter/skipping behavior that I have not experienced with other wireless high-polling mice in the same environment. My current suspicion is that the mouse may be more sensitive to noise on the 2.4ghz band than most mice, and this results in my observed stutter. I have found it happens at any polling rate tested (1khz, 2khz, 4khz), but that it seems to be more pronounced at higher polling rates. I am unable to reproduce this when wired, which further points to the polling (as you indicated). Of note, moving my receiver location around my desk seems to have a relationship with the frequency and severity of the stuttering. This all makes me believe it is interference related. As I said, I've not observed this same behavior with other mice in the same environment (Vaxee XE wireless, Razer Orochi V2, Razer Viper V2 Pro (regular dongle, 4khz dongle)). Also worth noting, all my testing has been done at 1600 cpi.

The behavior occurs in both Windows and Linux, so I do believe it is hardware and/or environment related. I would love to be able to do more testing to be able to have more objective findings, but I am unsure how I may be able to go about that. I am curious if you may have some thoughts on what I may be able to do.

pzogel

Reviewer
I've seen similar things on other mice using the same firmware solution (CompX) and MCU (CX52850), but I've never been able to nail it down entirely. The Atlantis Mini is using a different solution (still CompX though) and a different MCU (Nordic nRF52840), though, so drawing any inferences from one to the other is difficult. In general, I have the impression that CompX solutions are less robust when it comes to interference than Logitech or Razer, so it may very well be related to that.

I'll also be testing LAMZU 4K reasonably soon, so we'll see how that turns out.

ginzberg

I've seen similar things on other mice using the same firmware solution (CompX) and MCU (CX52850), but I've never been able to nail it down entirely. The Atlantis Mini is using a different solution (still CompX though) and a different MCU (Nordic nRF52840), though, so drawing any inferences from one to the other is difficult. In general, I have the impression that CompX solutions are less robust when it comes to interference than Logitech or Razer, so it may very well be related to that.

I'll also be testing LAMZU 4K reasonably soon, so we'll see how that turns out.

As wireless becomes the new-normal, it does seem that being able to measure performance stability under a range of environments of varying signal noisiness would be super valuable. "Reliability is the best ability," as they say. Robustness, as you described it, would be extremely important in competitive LAN environments. It could also be valuable for those that may live in particularly noisy environments (apartment vs house, for example). I'm very interested in this concept.

Is it your opinion that if this were the firmware implementation, this could be something tuned at the software level (rather than being a hardware limitation)?

pzogel

Reviewer
As wireless becomes the new-normal, it does seem that being able to measure performance stability under a range of environments of varying signal noisiness would be super valuable. "Reliability is the best ability," as they say. Robustness, as you described it, would be extremely important in competitive LAN environments. It could also be valuable for those that may live in particularly noisy environments (apartment vs house, for example). I'm very interested in this concept.

Is it your opinion that if this were the firmware implementation, this could be something tuned at the software level (rather than being a hardware limitation)?
Unfortunately, beyond noticing the odd dropped packet in MouseTester, I don't have a scientifically valid way of testing this, especially since the environment variables (i.e., interference) are not under my control.

Said robustness is indeed mostly determined by the firmware (for instance, buffer size or channel hopping algorithms), whereas on the hardware side, antenna size is the major factor.