• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Razer Basilisk V3 X Hyperspeed

pzogel

Reviewer
With the Basilisk V3 X Hyperspeed, Razer expands their line of AA battery-driven wireless gaming mice. Equipped with PixArt's PAW3369 sensor capable of 18,000 CPI and main button switches rated for 60 million clicks, the right-handed ergonomic Basilisk V3 X Hyperspeed offers up seven buttons, 2.4 GHz and Bluetooth connectivity, as well as up to 535 hours of battery life.

Show full review

Not enough battery driven mice on the market. I own G604 myself and use lithium AA battery that is lighter than standard alkaline.
Plus no software. The mouse has built in memory for mapping functions or keys to mouse buttons.
Not sure of G-HUB is better than Synapse anyway.

Runs on single AA and lasts me about 2-3 months @ 1000Hz polling with 1600 DPI on 27" 1440p screen.
I would love chargeable batteries if they were easily replaceable. Unfortunately they're not and charging is annoyance for me. Plus planned obsolescence when the battery eventually wears out.
I also use a wireless headset that has replaceable chargeable batteries and it's great. ~15 seconds for a swap and back in action. And if the set of two that i have wear out i can buy and use new ones.

I have the V3 pro, it's expensive but some unique features justify it.

This mouse at $70 has no competitive edge whatsoever. It's a $25 mouse with a $45 logo.

System Name Intel 2023
Processor Intel Core i5 13600KF
Motherboard Gigabyte B660M Aourus Pro
Cooling Custom water cooling loop
Memory 2x16gb Adata PC 3600
Video Card(s) AMD 6950XT
Storage 2TB Corsair MP600
Display(s) Nixeus 27 EDG
Case Phanteks P600
Audio Device(s) Topping DX3 Pro +
Power Supply Corsair RM850
Mouse Razer Basilisk
Keyboard Womier K87 with Tecsee Purple Panda switches
Software Win 11 Pro 64bit
Benchmark Scores Unfortunately no time anymore to benchmark....
Interesting review, thanks. CPI deviation looks high as does mouse latency. Perhaps firmware update will fix it. I love the shape of this mouse, I've been a fan since the original version. I am now on my forth version (Vanilla v3), it replaced the Logitech G502 which was heavier and did not have enough space for my thumb to grip the left side of the mouse without hitting either of the thumb buttons.

Solid mouse.

@Morgen... Ich würde mich über wiederaufladbare Batterien freuen, wenn sie leicht austauschbar wären
Yes! please search for somthing like this:

First of all this is english forum. Tho i can translate what you said.
Second - im talking about sealed batteries in mice that are not easily swappable. Worst case it requires destroying or taking part the entire mouse to get to the battery and assuming you ever do there is no guarantee you can even buy a compatible battery that fits and has the right voltages etc required.

What you linked is ironically only compatible with mice like the Basilisk where you can replace the included AA with one of your own but even then the voltages may not match because rechargeable and non-rechargeable have different voltages. It may not work with rechargeable AA because the voltage is too low or it may be damaged by voltage too high.

AAA or AA battery mice needs to go away - I'm done adding to the never ending trashpile!!! These need to come with internal batteries - which you can literally buy on AliEx for ~$5 and install inside yourself. The size and veriaty is great too!

Look at the total cost of ownership of this mouse - in just one year. How many AA batteries will I need? I don't feel like paying $10 for a pack of Lithium to last me 2-3 months. OK - so now I need a charger with rechargable AA batteries.

AAA or AA battery mice needs to go away
Sealing everything inside and making it not repairable or replaceable is a great alternative for sure. /s
I'm done adding to the never ending trashpile!!!
So instead of adding a trashpile of AA/AAA batteries you now add to the trashpile of mice with sealed internal batteries, plastic and all the associated components.
These need to come with internal batteries
No they dont. There are very few high end mice with replaceable AA/AAA battery options on the market as it is.
which you can literally buy on AliEx for ~$5 and install inside yourself. The size and veriaty is great too!
Im sure this replacement process is well documented, easy for every end user and wont void warranty?
Look at the total cost of ownership of this mouse - in just one year. How many AA batteries will I need? I don't feel like paying $10 for a pack of Lithium to last me 2-3 months. OK - so now I need a charger with rechargable AA batteries.
4 pack costs 12€ and last for entire year. Plus recharging sealed battery at least once a week is not free either - especially in regions with high energy prices.
Also when the sealed battery eventually becomes useless you have to swap out the entire mouse or risk doing a DIY swap that could damage the mouse if it's not meant to be taken apart.

Sealing everything inside and making it not repairable or replaceable is a great alternative for sure. /s

So instead of adding a trashpile of AA/AAA batteries you now add to the trashpile of mice with sealed internal batteries, plastic and all the associated components.

No they dont. There are very few high end mice with replaceable AA/AAA battery options on the market as it is.

Im sure this replacement process is well documented, easy for every end user and wont void warranty?

4 pack costs 12€ and last for entire year. Plus recharging sealed battery at least once a week is not free either - especially in regions with high energy prices.
Also when the sealed battery eventually becomes useless you have to swap out the entire mouse or risk doing a DIY swap that could damage the mouse if it's not meant to be taken apart.
It's been a while since I've seen such an uninformed post. You're free to keep buying AA batteries :)

Take care and have a nice day!

System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
It's a shame the CPI deviation is so bad - because an "affordable" wireless Razer with on-board memory for all settings (including lighting) solves the two of the three biggest problems I have with Razer hardware - namely the stupid pricing and the stupid software.

It's still too expensive, and you still have to deal with the software at least once, but hey - it's an improvement over the last Razer I had to deal with with.

It's been a while since I've seen such an uninformed post. You're free to keep buying AA batteries :)

For anyone actually looking to get some good AA batteries, consider ikea’s rechargeables. They’re Eneloop rebrands for a fraction of the cost.

System Name CRAY_IV
Processor AMD Ryzen 7700x (UV 65W 70°C -20CO)
Motherboard Asus B650E-F
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S
Memory Kingston FURY 6000CL32 Renegade
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4070 Dual (UV 2610@0.91V)
Storage Samsung 980Pro 2TB + WD Red 3TB
Display(s) NEC MultiSync EA244WMi
Case Lian Li PC-7HA
Audio Device(s) Topping E30+L50, AKG K550 / KEF Egg
Power Supply SeaSonic Platinum SS-660XP²
Mouse Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed
Keyboard CM Storm QuickFire Ultimate
For anyone actually looking to get some good AA batteries, consider ikea’s rechargeables. They’re Eneloop rebrands for a fraction of the cost.
Wanted to point out too about rechargeable AA batteries as easy solution. Have wireless Basilisk for years and exchange battery once per 1-2 month.
No big deal and no planned obsolescence as with fixed battery.

Last edited:

yslee

Only uninformed person is you, who isn't aware of rechargeable AA batteries (been around since the 1980s), with low self-discharge options appearing in 2005 with the Eneloops, and in recent years, 1.5v AA Lithium-ion rechargeables.

First of all this is english forum. Tho i can translate what you said.
Second - im talking about sealed batteries in mice that are not easily swappable. Worst case it requires destroying or taking part the entire mouse to get to the battery and assuming you ever do there is no guarantee you can even buy a compatible battery that fits and has the right voltages etc required.

What you linked is ironically only compatible with mice like the Basilisk where you can replace the included AA with one of your own but even then the voltages may not match because rechargeable and non-rechargeable have different voltages. It may not work with rechargeable AA because the voltage is too low or it may be damaged by voltage too high.
Yes, he's trying to tell you AA lithium-ion rechargeables exist, so you don't have to keep throwing away batteries in your G604.

Has Razer released any updates for this mouse? It's almost got the feature set I'm looking for, so might be a good pick to consider. Have the first Basilisk X Hyperspeed as a backup mouse, which does feel quite nice in hand.

Only uninformed person is you, who isn't aware of rechargeable AA batteries (been around since the 1980s), with low self-discharge options appearing in 2005 with the Eneloops, and in recent years, 1.5v AA Lithium-ion rechargeables.

Yes, he's trying to tell you AA lithium-ion rechargeables exist, so you don't have to keep throwing away batteries in your G604.

Has Razer released any updates for this mouse? It's almost got the feature set I'm looking for, so might be a good pick to consider. Have the first Basilisk X Hyperspeed as a backup mouse, which does feel quite nice in hand.
Its amazing how some will argue illogical arguments, until they die on that hill.

Here is an example: let me give you a free Logitech Superlight! You have 2 choices - AA rechargeable version or one with internal battery. I think everyone and their dog knows already which one you would pick.

Peace out bud, you can join your AA gang... I couldn't care less.

PS - rechargabe AA are a lot heavier then lithium and don't last anywhere as long. Making the weight argument moot.

Processor Ryzen 7 7800x3D
Motherboard MSI B650 Tomahawk
Cooling Corsair iCUE H150i ELITE LCD 360mm
Memory 32GB DDR5 6000 CL30
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 4080 Suprim X
Storage 2TB SN850X, 2TB SN580, 2TB 870 EVO
Display(s) Gigabyte M34WQ 3440x1440 144hz
Case Corsair 5000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Audioengine A2+
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex VII XG 850
Mouse Logitech G502x Plus
Keyboard Asus ROG Scope 2 96 Wireless
After the DeathAdder V2 X Hyperspeed and Naga V2 Hyperspeed, the Basilisk too gets a Hyperspeed variant with the Basilisk V3 X Hyperspeed
Just wanted to point out this is not the first Basilisk Hyperspeed mouse. There was a Basilisk X Hyperspeed before it.

great mouse lineup if you want one with batteries!