• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Razer Viper V3 Hyperspeed

pzogel

Reviewer
Weighing 80 g with the included AA-battery, the ambidextrous Viper V3 Hyperspeed not only debuts a revised shape, but also comes with Razer's Focus Pro 30K sensor, second-gen Razer mechanical switches, and up to 280 hours of battery life, along with support for true 8000 Hz wireless polling through the HyperPolling Wireless Dongle.

Show full review

System Name The Workhorse
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 5900X
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus B550 Pro
Cooling CPU - Noctua NH-D15S Case - 3 Noctua NF-A14 PWM at the bottom, 2 Fractal Design 180mm at the front
Memory GSkill Trident Z 3200CL14
Video Card(s) NVidia GTX 1070 MSI QuickSilver
Storage Adata SX8200Pro
Display(s) LG 32GK850G
Case Fractal Design Torrent (Solid)
Audio Device(s) FiiO E-10K DAC/Amp, Samson Meteorite USB Microphone
Power Supply Corsair RMx850 (2018)
Mouse Razer Viper (Original) on a X-Raypad Equate Plus V2
Keyboard Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid TKL keyboard (Cherry MX Black)
Software Windows 11 Pro (23H2)
Interesting how they went with the battery driven approach on this one. Good for longevity and serviceability, but due to a higher weight seems like a step back in terms of performance. I suppose there will be a Pro version with an integrated battery at around 60 grams? And maybe even a wired one? Like, the shape is good, I think it’s an improvement over previous Viper shape, but 80 grams is a bit weird on a high end wireless mouse in almost 2024.

System Name Can it run Warhammer 3?
Processor 7800X3D @ 5Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling Enermax Liqmax III 360mm
Memory Teamgroup DDR5 CL30 6000Mhz 32GB
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 4090
Storage Silicon Power XS70, Corsair T700
Display(s) BenQ EX2710Q, BenQEX270M
Case NZXT H7 Flow
Audio Device(s) AudioTechnica M50xBT
Power Supply SuperFlower Leadex III 850W
Really great review, and this mouse looks like a really solid deal.

My concern would be the wire. I'd only use this mouse wired as 80g wireless is heavier than I want- but 57g wired would be good. I have to assume "Cable:n/a" means it doesn't come with a cable- so I'd have to buy a cable for it, and I don't see many cables out there that are comparable to say a glorious wireless mouse cable.

Cooling CPU - Noctua NH-D15S Case - 3 Noctua NF-A14 PWM at the bottom, 2 Fractal Design 180mm at the front
Storage Adata SX8200Pro
Display(s) LG 32GK850G
Really great review, and this mouse looks like a really solid deal.

My concern would be the wire. I'd only use this mouse wired as 80g wireless is heavier than I want- but 57g wired would be good. I have to assume "Cable:n/a" means it doesn't come with a cable- so I'd have to buy a cable for it, and I don't see many cables out there that are comparable to say a glorious wireless mouse cable.
It doesn’t have a port to plug a cable into in the first place, so no, using it as a wired mouse is not an option.

System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
It's a $70 AA-battery 5-button gaming mouse with nothing unexpected but also nothing to justify why it's so much more expensive than the $30 Logitech G305 or the $25 SteelSeries Rival 3. I can only hope it's one of those ridiculously-high MSRPs that exists to look like it's always on sale at a vast discount, and will be half price almost everywhere in under a month of launch...

As if the horrid price wasn't bad enough, you're forced to suffer Synapse, as always....

The G305 has a nasty habit of putting out a squeeling noise through the speakers. Only use it for gaming and I switch to a G325 for desktop to stop that racket. If this one was found to be interference free Id look to trade up to it.

System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
The G305 has a nasty habit of putting out a squeeling noise through the speakers. Only use it for gaming and I switch to a G325 for desktop to stop that racket. If this one was found to be interference free Id look to trade up to it.
Standard onboard audio nonsense. It'll be a specific combination of hardware unique to your PSU, graphics card, motherboard, case, and to some extent, mains wiring circuit.

First thing to do is to use an external DAC and get the audio converted to digital outside your PC, especially if you use a discrete graphics card, since the VRMs and inductors on a graphics card are usually RIGHT on top of the DAC for onboard audio in your PC. Often there are only a few milimeters of air gap between the single worse source of interference in your PC, and the generation of EMI-susceptible analogue audio voltages.

Amazon.com, $3.49 if you don't have one in your monitor already.

Processor Intel i7 4770k
Motherboard ASUS Sabertooth Z87
Cooling BeQuiet! Shadow Rock 3
Memory Patriot Viper 3 RedD 16 GB @ 1866 MHz
Video Card(s) XFX RX 480 GTR 8GB
Storage 1x SSD Samsung EVO 250 GB 1x HDD Seagate Barracuda 3 TB 1x HDD Seagate Barracuda 4 TB
Display(s) AOC Q27G2U QHD, Dell S2415H FHD
Case Cooler Master HAF XM
Audio Device(s) Magnat LZR 980, Razer BlackShark V2, Altec Lansing 251
Power Supply Corsair AX860
Mouse Razer DeathAdder V2
Keyboard Razer Huntsman Tournament Edition
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
I have to admit Synapse is a load of rosource heavy bloatware. Disabled it for Startup few months ago. Don't know if that's the case with Razer only, or what?

Storage Adata SX8200Pro
Display(s) LG 32GK850G
I have to admit Synapse is a load of rosource heavy bloatware. Disabled it for Startup few months ago. Don't know if that's the case with Razer only, or what?
Some peripheral software suites are better than others, but the point remains that there is no REASON for them to even be an installed huge app. They can easily be lean portable .exes or hell, even just a browser web page like Wooting does. And if a mouse is wired and has no silly RGB you can easily bake all the necessary settings into firmware so that one can set it up without software at all, like Zowie. Razer and Asus are particularly bad with their software though.

Processor Intel i7 4770k
Motherboard ASUS Sabertooth Z87
Cooling BeQuiet! Shadow Rock 3
Memory Patriot Viper 3 RedD 16 GB @ 1866 MHz
Video Card(s) XFX RX 480 GTR 8GB
Storage 1x SSD Samsung EVO 250 GB 1x HDD Seagate Barracuda 3 TB 1x HDD Seagate Barracuda 4 TB
Display(s) AOC Q27G2U QHD, Dell S2415H FHD
Case Cooler Master HAF XM
Audio Device(s) Magnat LZR 980, Razer BlackShark V2, Altec Lansing 251
Power Supply Corsair AX860
Mouse Razer DeathAdder V2
Keyboard Razer Huntsman Tournament Edition
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Some peripheral software suites are better than others, but the point remains that there is no REASON for them to even be an installed huge app. They can easily be lean portable .exes or hell, even just a browser web page like Wooting does. And if a mouse is wired and has no silly RGB you can easily bake all the necessary settings into firmware so that one can set it up without software at all, like Zowie. Razer and Asus are particularly bad with their software though.
True, only reason I have it installed on my system is to set RGB sync with the keyboard if necessary.