• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Valkyrie Syn 360 ARGB LCD AIO

crazyeyesreaper

Not a Moderator
Staff member
System Name Old reliable
Processor Intel 8700K @ 4.8 GHz
Motherboard MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
Cooling Custom Water
Memory 32 GB Crucial Ballistix 3666 MHz
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 3080 10GB Suprim X
Storage 3x SSDs 2x HDDs
Display(s) ASUS VG27AQL1A x2 2560x1440 8bit IPS
Case Thermaltake Core P3 TG
Audio Device(s) Samson Meteor Mic / Generic 2.1 / KRK KNS 6400 headset
Power Supply Zalman EBT-1000
Mouse Mionix NAOS 7000
Keyboard Mionix
Valkyrie makes a strong impression with their Syn 360 ARGB all-in-one liquid cooler. Featuring solid performance, distinctive aesthetics, a built-in 2.4" display, and a robust five-year warranty, it undeniably has a lot to offer. However, its higher price makes it a more specialized option than conventional offerings.

Show full review

Im really curious how the new Arctic Liquid Freezer 3 (the 360 version) would do here in comparison to this one. This one looks great, and sounds good too, but it is a bit more pricey than the Arctic one.

System Name Lightbringer
Processor Ryzen 7 2700X
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X470-F Gaming
Cooling Enermax Liqmax Iii 360mm AIO
Memory G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB (8GBx4) 3200Mhz CL 14
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 5700XT Nitro+
Storage Hp EX950 2TB NVMe M.2, HP EX950 1TB NVMe M.2, Samsung 860 EVO 2TB
Display(s) LG 34BK95U-W 34" 5120 x 2160
Case Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic (White)
Power Supply BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850w Gold Rated PSU
Mouse Glorious Model O (Matte White)
Keyboard Royal Kludge RK71
Software Windows 10
NO WAY, I had SPECIFICALLY brought up this cooler in the comments section of the last AIO review (believe it was the new Arctic AIO) because I had come across it on aliexpress and was very curious about performance, and then BOOM here it is!?!?!? What an incredible coincidence!

UPDATE: Oh, wait, commented too soon...the one I was interested in was the GL36 which is a 38mm thick radiator with 6x fans in a push/pull config and that's why I was interested in it, thick radiator plus an extra bank of fans.
1000001265.jpg

Semi-off-topic: As far as the AMD side of the testing goes, it's frankly impressive how well the LFIII does despite "only" being a 240mm radiator vs the 360mm radiators running against it.

Getting back on topic, in regards to this cooler and brand, it's a respectable showing, and it looks pretty decent too. I'm curious as to how well the fans themselves stack up vs similar equivalents (like mentioned in a different article; being another GT/A12x25 derived design). It'll be interesting to see reviews of their GL36 vs the Hyte THICC once those are available for review.

System Name The Captain (2.0)
Processor Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E AORUS Master
Cooling 280mm Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 4x Be Quiet! 140mm Silent Wings 4 (1x exhaust 3x intake)
Memory 32GB (2x16) G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo (6000Mhz)
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3070 SUPRIM X
Storage 1x Crucial MX500 500GB SSD; 1x Crucial MX500 500GB M.2 SSD; 1x WD Blue HDD, 1x Crucial P5 Plus
Display(s) Aorus CV27F 27" 1080p 165Hz
Case Phanteks Evolv X (Anthracite Gray)
Power Supply Corsair RMx (2021) 1000W 80-Plus Gold
Mouse Varies based on mood/task; is currently Razer Basilisk V3 Pro or Razer Cobra Pro
Keyboard Varies based on mood; currently Razer Blackwidow V4 75% and Hyper X Alloy 65
NO WAY, I had SPECIFICALLY brought up this cooler in the comments section of the last AIO review (believe it was the new Arctic AIO) because I had come across it on aliexpress and was very curious about performance, and then BOOM here it is!?!?!? What an incredible coincidence!

UPDATE: Oh, wait, commented too soon...the one I was interested in was the GL36 which is a 38mm thick radiator with 6x fans in a push/pull config and that's why I was interested in it, thick radiator plus an extra bank of fans.View attachment 338687
Didn't take me no more than two seconds to see the AMG branding bit and think to myself that I could already hear Mercedes knocking on their door, ready to hit this company with a lawsuit. :D
I really thought this was a BIOSTAR product at first. Nope just some random company copying the logo and branding :)
Same! I thought "wow, Biostar be making AIOs now?" :laugh:

-L3-

VK was responsible for the production of the EKWB AIO cooling a few years ago.Then the contract expired, and factory decided to work alone.

It produces products with strong performance and very low prices.

However, in order to pursue performance, the thickness of the copper plate is only 0.25mm, which will affect the safety. For reference, the Asetek8 solution has a copper sheet thickness of 0.6mm.

In China, the price of this products is about $160, and the product has been on the market for nearly a year.

PS: A lot of water cooling is produced in Guangzhou and Huizhou, China, and many Chinese solutions have very good performance, but the price is very cheap. 6years warranty.

UPDATE: Oh, wait, commented too soon...the one I was interested in was the GL36 which is a 38mm thick radiator with 6x fans in a push/pull config and that's why I was interested in it, thick radiator plus an extra bank of fans.View attachment 338687
The pump design is almost the same, but may experience strange cold head noise. It came out in September of '22. It's not up to date.
The fan is 3000 RPM, I don't think it's too necessary, 3 T30 fans will solve all the problems.

Im really curious how the new Arctic Liquid Freezer 3 (the 360 version) would do here in comparison to this one. This one looks great, and sounds good too, but it is a bit more pricey than the Arctic one.
The ALF3's performance was very poor, and the buckle design was also very problematic, requiring the motherboard base to be removed to complete the installation.

In China, VK has low-priced products, about $55, with little difference in performance compared with the E360 tested this time, and greatly reduced accessories.

System Name ❶ Oooh (2024) ❷ Aaaah (2021) ❸ Ahemm (2017)
Processor ❶ 5800X3D ❷ i7-9700K ❸ i7-7700K
Motherboard ❶ X570-F ❷ Z390-E ❸ Z270-E
Cooling ❶ ALFIII 360 ❷ X62 + X72 (GPU mod) ❸ X62
Memory ❶ 32-3600/16 ❷ 32-3200/16 ❸ 16-3200/16
Video Card(s) ❶ 3080 X Trio ❷ 2080TI (AIOmod) ❸ 1080TI
Storage ❶ NVME/SSD/HDD ❷ <SAME ❸ SSD/HDD
Display(s) ❶ 1440/165/IPS ❷ 1440/144/IPS ❸ 1080/144/IPS
Case ❶ BQ Silent 601 ❷ Cors 465X ❸ Frac Mesh C
Audio Device(s) ❶ HyperX C2 ❷ HyperX C2 ❸ Logi G432
Power Supply ❶ HX1200 Plat ❷ RM750X ❸ EVGA 650W G2
Mouse ❶ Logi G Pro ❷ Razer Bas V3 ❸ Logi G502
Keyboard ❶ Logi G915 TKL ❷ Anne P2 ❸ Logi G610
Software ❶ Win 11 ❷ 10 ❸ 10
Benchmark Scores I have wrestled bandwidths, Tussled with voltages, Handcuffed Overclocks, Thrown Gigahertz in Jail

to get some idea: https://www.kitguru.net/components/...r-iii-360-argb-white-aio-cpu-cooler-review/2/

Does really well in the AMD benchmarks (7950X). I'm more drawn to the noise output + price, its a 100% BUY (actually bought it already, in hand and should be put to service in the coming days)

Valkyrie_Official

Valkyrie Rep

UPDATE: Oh, wait, commented too soon...the one I was interested in was the GL36 which is a 38mm thick radiator with 6x fans in a push/pull config and that's why I was interested in it, thick radiator plus an extra bank of fans.
@AnarchoPrimitiv thanks for your interest in the products. GL36 indeed is a different product, in western markets this product is named Valkyrie Dragonfang, you can check it on our website: www.my-valkyrie.com, but it comes with standard 27mm radiator.
We currently don't offer the model with push-pull configuration here yet, you can ofcourse order it on aliexpress if you want, the warranty applies also in case you were wondering :)

System Name The Captain (2.0)
Processor Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E AORUS Master
Cooling 280mm Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 4x Be Quiet! 140mm Silent Wings 4 (1x exhaust 3x intake)
Memory 32GB (2x16) G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo (6000Mhz)
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3070 SUPRIM X
Storage 1x Crucial MX500 500GB SSD; 1x Crucial MX500 500GB M.2 SSD; 1x WD Blue HDD, 1x Crucial P5 Plus
Display(s) Aorus CV27F 27" 1080p 165Hz
Case Phanteks Evolv X (Anthracite Gray)
Power Supply Corsair RMx (2021) 1000W 80-Plus Gold
Mouse Varies based on mood/task; is currently Razer Basilisk V3 Pro or Razer Cobra Pro
Keyboard Varies based on mood; currently Razer Blackwidow V4 75% and Hyper X Alloy 65
VK was responsible for the production of the EKWB AIO cooling a few years ago.Then the contract expired, and factory decided to work alone.

However, in order to pursue performance, the thickness of the copper plate is only 0.25mm, which will affect the safety. For reference, the Asetek8 solution has a copper sheet thickness of 0.6mm.

In China, the price of this products is about $160, and the product has been on the market for nearly a year.

PS: A lot of water cooling is produced in Guangzhou and Huizhou, China, and many Chinese solutions have very good performance, but the price is very cheap. 6years warranty.

The ALF3's performance was very poor, and the buckle design was also very problematic, requiring the motherboard base to be removed to complete the installation.

In China, VK has low-priced products, about $55, with little difference in performance compared with the E360 tested this time, and greatly reduced accessories.
Yeah...right. I'm calling complete BS on this statement, especially since you've provided no proof to this claim whatsoever. Not to mention TPU did a review for the LF III 240mm not too long ago and performance was stellar on AMD and "acceptable" on Intel as per the Value and Conclusion page and earned not only the Great Value award, but Editor's Choice as well.

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/arctic-liquid-freezer-iii-240-black-aio-liquid-cpu-cooler/10.html

Valkyrie_Official

Valkyrie Rep

The pump design is almost the same, but may experience strange cold head noise. It came out in September of '22. It's not up to date.
The fan is 3000 RPM, I don't think it's too necessary, 3 T30 fans will solve all the problems.

If I can add here a comment, its much more simple than that. Valkyrie is a factory who was producing also EK-AIO in the past, our factory also patented the pump that was used in EK-AIO and is now used in Valkyrie Syn aswell, so there is no contract expiration or whatsoever, but simple decision to go our own way and try to make a change.

And about coldplate thickness, you are a little wrong here, the thickness of the coldplate here is 0.35mm with tollerance +-0,05mm. 0.25mm is way to thin, like you said yourself, too risky.

And products of Valkyrie sold in China hase different pricing, you can also see the pricing in aliexpress, but there is a reason why products are cheaper there, because to bring it to the Western markets, you need to have an inventory here, pay logistics and this adds up and in Aliexpress be carefull, the price is always without any import fees or taxes.

And talking about Arctic, ALF3 are awsome products, and currently with their aggresive pricing they are really making a statement, that is why also TPU awarded them with Great Value and Editors Choice, i wouldn't say ALF3 performance is poor, thats an understatement :)

and since our Syn got also a badge being little too pricy, we are already working on better product and will have something new ready in next months ;)

I really thought this was a BIOSTAR product at first. Nope just some random company copying the logo and branding :)
i'm sorry but, I have to say this. If that's the thinking, maybe we should get ourselves ready to be chased by Marvel, or even by Greek gods, maybe Odin himself:D:toast:We will prepare our legal team to business trip to Valhala next week!
#justHavingFun:D

Ruru

S.T.A.R.S.
System Name 4K-gaming
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero
Cooling Arctic Freezer 50
Memory 48GB Kingston DDR4-3200C16
Video Card(s) Asus GeForce RTX 3080 TUF OC 10GB
Storage ~3TB SSDs + 3TB external HDDs
Display(s) Acer 27" 4K120 IPS + Lenovo 32" 4K60 IPS
Case Corsair 4000D Airflow White
Audio Device(s) Asus TUF H3 Wireless
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse Logitech MX518 + Asus TUF P1 mousepad
Keyboard Roccat Vulcan 121 AIMO
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores It runs Crysis
A cheaper version without the maybe-not-so-important LCD would be an interesting one.

System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
Seems decent, and at €200 it's not ridiculous, but still approaching custom loop costs.

@Darksaber - I don't suppose you have any plans to test an entry-level custom loop do you? Going with a mid-tier reputable parts, it's pretty easy to put together an all-copper 360mm loop with a D5 pump and reservoir for about €250. I just put an Alphacool setup in an online cart for £260 taking advantage of no special offers or discounts, but making sure I had all the parts including pre-mixed coolant and PWM-splitters for 3 fans.

IMO these AIOs are convenient for builders but by the time you're spending this much money on an AIO you should at least be comparing to custom loops since they start at the same price tier and (at least with flexible hose, premixed coolant, and modern compression fittings) they're not a lot more work to install.

Benchmark Scores I have wrestled bandwidths, Tussled with voltages, Handcuffed Overclocks, Thrown Gigahertz in Jail
Seems decent, and at €200 it's not ridiculous, but still approaching custom loop costs.

@Darksaber - I don't suppose you have any plans to test an entry-level custom loop do you? Going with a mid-tier reputable parts, it's pretty easy to put together an all-copper 360mm loop with a D5 pump and reservoir for about €250. I just put an Alphacool setup in an online cart for £260 taking advantage of no special offers or discounts, but making sure I had all the parts including pre-mixed coolant and PWM-splitters for 3 fans.

IMO these AIOs are convenient for builders but by the time you're spending this much money on an AIO you should at least be comparing to custom loops since they start at the same price tier and (at least with flexible hose, premixed coolant, and modern compression fittings) they're not a lot more work to install.

i second this!! The amount of times i considered going custom loop and then ducking away... i lost count. I still fancy having a shot at it (maybe someday). As off now, i just recently purchased my 4th AIO, an ALFIII 360. Arctics got those tasty discounts on so i obliged.

Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Case Veddha T2
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
i second this!! The amount of times i considered going custom loop and then ducking away... i lost count. I still fancy having a shot at it (maybe someday). As off now, i just recently purchased my 4th AIO, an ALFIII 360. Arctics got those tasty discounts on so i obliged.
I took a 20-year hiatus with PC watercooling after messing around with aquarium pumps, heater cores, and peltiers as a student in the days when CPUs used slots instead of sockets.

When I came back to it, dissatisfied with the noise and performance of air cooling and the AIO's I'd built for people, I weighed up my options and went with Alphacool, because they seemed like a decent option for the money in the UK. What I have now doesn't resemble the original loop but I can heartily recommend starting with a decent 30mm thick radiator and a D5-vario pump/res combo. In the UK that'll set you back £175 or so and then you'll need to find a suitable block for your CPU and deal with tubing, fittings, fan, coolant etc. Those are all small cheap parts that can add up so it's probably worth budgeting £250 for a basic 360mm loop that's worth buying over an AIO.

AIOs do the job, but their blocks are small and cheap, their pumps are puny, they all have mixed-metal copper blocks and alu radiators which mandate glycol-heavy coolant blends, hurting performance and only postponing the inevitable corrosion as the aluminium from the radiator clogs up your block's microfins right where it matters the most.

IMO an AIO is a disposable item that represents the absolute bottom tier of watercooling performance, so putting all this RGBLED and OLED lipstick on it doesn't change the fact that it's not going to last very long; The fact you are on your 4th one proves that they aren't long-term solutions, I guess!

One of the biggest advantages of a custom loop is that you can just add radiators until you run out of room, and it's easy to make an all-copper loop that will remain corrosion-free with ordinary water (biocide/silver coil still recommended) rather than goopy and inefficient glycol.

The fact you are on your 4th one proves that they aren't long-term solutions, I guess!

all 4 still in action... different builds. But i'm totally with you on the issue of longevity, definitely something i had considered and surrendered to. I guess for me (lazy-man) its more to do with manual labour + maintenance vs hassle-free but tolerably aged disposables and i settled with the latter.

If i ever get into CLs its gonna tether in the GPU too... hence a little pricier (with rewards). You seem to have a good grasp on CL disciplines hence one of these days i might get back to you on it. Right now with the ALFIII in place i'm considering removing the stock GPU fans for a couple of 120s mod. I do like those lower temps and whisper quiet performance, something a CL would have achieved seamlessly (not gonna hide it, i'm a fanatic for the river flow aesthetic too)

Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Case Veddha T2
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
I took my GPU out of the loop (was a 2070S) It was great, but in my line of work I have access to lots of GPUs and I couldn't justify waterblocking costs on a card I wasn't likely to keep for more than a year.

It matters less than CPUs because GPU dies are so much physically larger than CPU dies and the hotspots are less heat-dense, if that makes sense. As a result, most high-end GPUs are cooled very quietly on air and there's no need to invalidate the warranty to spend extra time and money waterblocking a GPU for quietness reasons (my preference). As for overclocking, then sure - that's definitely a good reason to put your GPU under water.

-L3-

如果我可以在这里添加一条评论,那就简单多了。 Valkyrie是一家过去也生产EK-AIO的工厂,我们工厂还获得了EK-AIO中使用的泵的专利,现在也用于Valkyrie Syn,因此没有讲述或任何其他情况,而是简单地决定走我们自己的路并尝试做出改变。

关于冷板厚度,你这里有点错误,这里冷板的厚度是0.35毫米,公差为+-0,05毫米。正如你自己所说,0.25毫米太薄了,风险很严重。

而Valkyrie在中国销售的产品有不同的定价,你也可以在速卖通上看到定价,但是那里的产品便宜是有原因的,因为要引领西方市场,你需要这里有库存,支付物流这加起来,在全球速卖通中要小心,价格始终不包含任何进口费用或税收。

说到Arctic,ALF3是很棒的产品,目前凭借其激进的定价,他们确实在发表声明,这就是为什么TPU还授予他们“超值”和“编辑选择”奖,我不会说ALF3性能很差,这是轻描淡写的说法:)

由于我们的Syn还获得了使命,价格有点太贵了,因此我们已经在开发更好的产品,放在下个月准备好的新产品;)

对不起,但是,我必须这么说。如果是这样的话,也许我们应该做好被漫威追赶的准备,甚至被希腊诸神追赶,也许是奥丁本人的追赶:D:吐司:。我们将准备好我们的法律团队下周去瓦尔哈拉出差!
#justHavingFun:D
Compared to the regular thickness of 0.6mm, 0.35mm ultra-thin water plate is thin enough.
The recent cases of VK C360 pump poisoning on the CHH forum also make me worried about the users of this product.
Since some people think I'm talking nonsense, here are the links and screenshots
www.chiphell.com/thread-2590046-1-1.html

I hate to mention this, but I have recommended VK products to many fans over the past few years, and this issue concerns me. Because so many fans come to ask this question, I don't know how to answer.
And in the Chinese community, I have not seen the official + positive reply from VK. There was no recall, no fix, and no advice on how to avoid the problem.

234046jvjjeqo6oqvy6ccy.jpeg

Last edited:

-L3-

是的...对。我认为这个声明是胡说八道,特别是因为你没有提供任何证据来证明这个说法。更不用说TPU不久前对LF III 240mm进行了评测,根据价值结论和页面,AMD的性能非常好,英特尔的性能“可以接受”,不仅获得了“超值奖”,还获得了编辑选择奖。

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/arctic-liquid-freezer-iii-240-black-aio-liquid-cpu-cooler/10.html
There are many water cooling manufacturers in China, and the price of water cooling is very cheap. Even Asetek's production plant is in Huizhou.
You can find a Chinese friend, check reviews on Chinese communities and websites, and check their selling prices on Chinese platforms like Taobao and JD.com.
These water-cooled products are characterized by strong performance and low price, but there is no channel to sell abroad. So you don't see these powerful water coolers.
VK is an example. As early as 2022, they already have a reputation for water cooling. But right now, their T2 product is racing here. A year passed.

In addition, 240mm water cooling is basically not used in China, unless their case is very small.
Because now the price of 360mm water cooling can be as low as $30, which is the price given by the foundry.

Plus, as an active content creator in the Chinese community + someone who has been involved in computer hardware design + visited water cooling, power supply, chassis factories, everything I say here is based on evidence.

This is the link of product review, all in Chinese, I hope you can understand:https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1uK421x7Kq
The motherboard and graphics card are MSI, and the chassis power supply is DEEP COOL
7950X+FPU 230 watts, AFL3 temperature is 6 degrees higher than other products.
14900K+FPU 310 watts, 10 degrees higher.
QQ截图20240329112644.png

QQ截图20240329112109.png
QQ截图20240329112049.png

-L3-

Yeah...right. I'm calling complete BS on this statement, especially since you've provided no proof to this claim whatsoever. Not to mention TPU did a review for the LF III 240mm not too long ago and performance was stellar on AMD and "acceptable" on Intel as per the Value and Conclusion page and earned not only the Great Value award, but Editor's Choice as well.

The last is about the award given by TPU.
This is actually pretty easy to understand.
As I mentioned earlier, many water-cooled cooling products produced in China cannot be sold overseas, and those that can be sold overseas will significantly increase costs due to tariffs, various certifications, sales channels, logistics and other factors.
Most of the water-cooled production plants are in Guangzhou and Guangdong Province in China.
Therefore, in Europe, the United States, Australia and other regions, there are not many water-cooled products that players can choose. And lack of competitiveness in the index of cost performance.

AFL3 with a relatively low price, in such a relatively low competitive market, has achieved good results, so TPU and other KOL gave a high evaluation.
But that doesn't mean it's really good. "Just choose the best of a bad bunch.."

The most obvious example is VK. The GL360's performance is not much different from the cheaper C360, both of which perform much better than the AFL3 360 ARGB, and both have ARGB lighting effects.
The VK C360 sells for just under $70. The AFL3 360 costs $107.
Although there are very serious siltation problem for c360 https://www.chiphell.com/thread-2590046-1-1.html
But some kol is already doing a very hard test, and the results will be exaggerated at this point, because his test method will allow the temperature of the cooling liquid in AIO to reach more than 90 degrees - far more than the normal cooling liquid can withstand

Finally, I did my best to give some reference links as you requested.
But I have not used English for several years, so I rely on translation software. I hope you can understand what I want to express correctly.