• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

SKYLOONG GK104 Pro Dual Screen Wireless Keyboard

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
SKYLOONG throws every feature imaginable in the GK104 Pro and then some! On top of the things you will find in any competitive premium wireless mechanical keyboard today, the GK104 Pro includes up two screens, six knobs, anywhere from 95-104 keys, a standalone calculator feature, and even an onboard speaker and microphone to make it the most customizable keyboard I have ever used.

Show full review

System Name The Workhorse
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 5900X
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus B550 Pro
Cooling CPU - Noctua NH-D15S Case - 3 Noctua NF-A14 PWM at the bottom, 2 Fractal Design 180mm at the front
Memory GSkill Trident Z 3200CL14
Video Card(s) NVidia GTX 1070 MSI QuickSilver
Storage Adata SX8200Pro
Display(s) LG 32GK850G
Case Fractal Design Torrent
Audio Device(s) FiiO E-10K DAC/Amp, Samson Meteorite USB Microphone
Power Supply Corsair RMx850 (2018)
Mouse Razer Viper (Original)
Keyboard Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid TKL keyboard (Cherry MX Black)
Software Windows 11 Pro (23H2)
I love how smaller enthusiast brands have absolutely dropped the cost of entry for a lot of features that used to be premium just a few years ago… and yet the major brands are still blind to this fact. If this board was a Corsair, Asus or Logitech model they would have unironically priced it at twice the money.

System Name Vedica
Processor Intel Core i7-9700K
Motherboard Gigabyte AORUS Ultra Z390
Cooling Alphacool Eisblock XPX
Memory 32GB DDR4, 4x Crucial Ballistix Sport LT BLS8G4D30AESBK
Video Card(s) Nvidia RTX 3080
Storage 2x Sabrent 1 TB Rocket - 1x Seagate Barracuda ST4000DM004
Display(s) Dell AW3423DWF
Case Fractal Design Define R6
Audio Device(s) Motu M2
Power Supply Corsair RM1000x
Mouse Cooler Master MM720
Keyboard Wooting One
I love how smaller enthusiast brands have absolutely dropped the cost of entry for a lot of features that used to be premium just a few years ago… and yet the major brands are still blind to this fact. If this board was a Corsair, Asus or Logitech model they would have unironically priced it at twice the money.

There are people who see only the surface, valuing brands over substance and identity.

System Name HELLSTAR
Processor AMD RYZEN 9 5950X
Motherboard ASUS Strix X570-E
Cooling 2x 360 + 280 rads. 3x Gentle Typhoons, 3x Phanteks T30, 2x TT T140 . EK-Quantum Momentum Monoblock.
Memory 4x8GB G.SKILL Trident Z RGB F4-4133C19D-16GTZR 14-16-12-30-44
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX 7900XTX. Water block. Crossflashed.
Storage Optane 900P[Fedora] + WD BLACK SN850X 4TB + 750 EVO 500GB + 1TB 980PRO+SN560 1TB(W11)
Display(s) Philips PHL BDM3270 + Acer XV242Y
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO
Audio Device(s) SMSL RAW-MDA1 DAC
Power Supply Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow V3 - Yellow Switch
Software FEDORA 41
I have feeling there is a retarded approach handling two batteries, that can easily turn into fire hazard.

If this board was a Corsair, Asus or Logitech model they would have unironically priced it at twice the money.
A bit more, but then with a metal shroud + better software. You forgot to mention Razer.

Some of the unknown brands are actually good, this one isn't as good. Software is important and got literally criticised by the author here. And I ain't paying 150~ bucks for plastic either.

I have feeling there is a retarded approach handling two batteries, that can easily turn into fire hazard.
It's not even made to be user-handled, but these batteries are so over the top, you'll probably never replace them or after 10 years+. Very long running time (8000MAh) = you rarely charge them = they more or less never wear out.

System Name The Workhorse
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 5900X
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus B550 Pro
Cooling CPU - Noctua NH-D15S Case - 3 Noctua NF-A14 PWM at the bottom, 2 Fractal Design 180mm at the front
Memory GSkill Trident Z 3200CL14
Video Card(s) NVidia GTX 1070 MSI QuickSilver
Storage Adata SX8200Pro
Display(s) LG 32GK850G
Case Fractal Design Torrent
Audio Device(s) FiiO E-10K DAC/Amp, Samson Meteorite USB Microphone
Power Supply Corsair RMx850 (2018)
Mouse Razer Viper (Original)
Keyboard Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid TKL keyboard (Cherry MX Black)
Software Windows 11 Pro (23H2)
@ViperXZ
>Logitech G-Hub
>Razer Synapse
>Asus Armoury Crate
>Corsair iCUE
>better software

That’s an absolutely wild take. Skyloong has some work to be done, but all the major brand have absolute cancer for their peripherals software suites. I have no idea how one could unironically consider them a value add or a justification for higher pricing.
In fact, let me summon @Chrispy_ here, I need someone to share my bafflement and to commiserate on the terrible state of said software suites. It’s a thing we do when they are brought up.

That’s an absolutely wild take. Skyloong has some work to be done, but all the major brand have absolute cancer for their peripherals software suites.
I think your take is wild, considering all these software works with 0 problems, I use 3 of them currently, G-Hub, Synapse and Asus Crate, and G-Hub is lightweight, simple and easy to use, Razer Synapse is easy to use, a little bit heavier considering it's a much bigger software stack, it's to be expected though, but you can switch off the extra parts (extra RGB effects / desktop background stuff) and it's lightweight enough then. I also use Armoury Crate, it works with 0 problems and got a handy "auto update everything" for software included. I also used iCUE not long ago, simple, lightweight and 0 issues.

I would say, sorry, you got no clue what you're talking about. You just like to hate on big brands, as is widely popular, but there's no merit to your words. Otherwise give me some hard facts with proof to back it up. Everyone I saw so far, that criticised software of those brands, never backed it up with facts or data - just senseless and baseless hate.

Do you know how big brands get big? Because their stuff is good, imagine. You won't ever be big if your software really "sucks". The criticism against those brands, software wise, on the net, rarely has any merit. I even saw reviewers recently saying the Razer software is excellent, and I bet they would say the same about the Logitech software as well.

In fact, let me summon @Chrispy_ here, I need someone to share my bafflement and to commiserate on the terrible state of said software suites. It’s a thing we do when they are brought up.
You already need to bring someone else in here, because you secretly already know how bad your take is. Your take is so extreme, it's not in the realm of possibility for it to be right, I'm sorry.

Last edited:
VIA and QMK are wonderful and should be considered a minimum requirement. Pretty much everything else is a mess for a whole variety of reasons.

System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
I feel like posts were edited because the discussion doesn't track, but you don't need me to moan about Synapse, Armory Crate or iCUE because you'll be hard pressed to find praise for them from journalists, forum-dwellers, or customer reviews. If you're looking for anger, criticism, or negativity then all three of those software suites catch heavy flak from all over the web and a lot of it seems justified.

Bloated software suites sure are a pain. Had to waste 20 minutes of my day today fighting a user's Logi Options+ install that seemingly didn't want to do anything apart from spawn a bunch of useless services and updaters for a mouse driver. I told them I wasn't going to waste any more time on it but my hunch for why it stopped working was probably becuase the new AI prompt feature's service was throwing a hissyfit because it couldn't reach Logitech's AI content servers through the firewall. There's absolutely no way I'm adding a custom SSL decryption exemption to the corporate firewall just so that a bullshit mouse driver can harvest data from our staff under the pretence of AI assistance. Everyone already has ChatGPT and Copilot on their system - do they really need Logitech's half-baked feature-creep AI assistant stuffed into a mouse driver with weekly updates when their mouse hasn't received a firmware update or bugfix of note in the last two years?

/smh

If you're looking for anger, criticism, or negativity then all three of those software suites catch heavy flak from all over the web and a lot of it seems justified.
A lot of empty words, as I have explained earlier, the haters offer a lot of empty words but never facts and data to back up their claims. The haters are also always the loudest people - in this case the absolute loud minority and nothing more than that. I bet millions of people use the software of these companies combined every day and are happy with it, yet unhappy (with their life’s) nerds always find reasons to hate around, it’s a thing I’m well aware of, it’s old and cliche and is still happening. If you are unhappy with your life, you will always find something to hate on about, this is what typical nerds usually do. It’s a cope to distract from your own problems and nothing more.

And to the contrary I never see actual journalists complain about software of these companies, Razer is the most bloated of the bunch and the recent remark I saw a big review site make about it was praising it. The Logi and Corsair software is simple and easy, there’s nothing you even can complain about there, aside from specifics and exceptions like yours, which are so specific and exceptional, it’s the usual, exceptions just prove the rule saying. Even Armoury Crate I read so much, so often, hate about it, yet it never did anything special on my system, it just worked. It’s not complicated to use either. Asus software was always pretty straightforward for me. And sorry, I have to say it, the old saying of “the problem sits in front of the PC” is still so true, especially with nerds who complain about everything and say everything is bad, they make it all too obvious that they are the problem and not the software.

Meanwhile, I find it amusing how much people complained about these software suits (in internet forums) and I never had a serious problem with them, small things not even worth talking about and quickly fixed, perhaps. And that’s it. PCs are easy nowadays, I’m old school and remember days where PCs ACTUALLY were a hassle. PCs are an easy luxury device now. Wake up. It’s not 2001 anymore. And if you’re unhappy with yourself fix yourself and don’t complain about software that’s allegedly not good, while it’s the most easy and straightforward thing of all times. Mice and keyboard software are simple stuff compared to software for other things like design and construction, etc.

btw. Before I bought the keyboard of Razer I currently use, I had scepticism, due to the nonsense I read from a lot of keyboard warriors on the net - yet since I have started to actually use it myself I have yet to find one single problem with it. It’s simple and works. And if you only want the important stuff you can opt out of the extra software (RGB and whatnot) and not even install it. Easy.

Last edited:
@ViperXZ
>Logitech G-Hub
>Razer Synapse
>Asus Armoury Crate
>Corsair iCUE
>better software

That’s an absolutely wild take. Skyloong has some work to be done, but all the major brand have absolute cancer for their peripherals software suites. I have no idea how one could unironically consider them a value add or a justification for higher pricing.
Add Cooler Master Master Plus+ another horrible software. Atleast their peripherals arent overpriced like others.

If I want cute GIFs on my keyboard, I'll slap on a sticker on it -- does that screen have any sort of API to allow it to display memory usage, system temps, etc? And what can these 6 knobs be programmed to do? If it's in the article, I can't see it.

Last edited:
System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
A lot of empty words, as I have explained earlier, the haters offer a lot of empty words but never facts and data to back up their claims. The haters are also always the loudest people - in this case the absolute loud minority and nothing more than that. I bet millions of people use the software of these companies combined every day and are happy with it, yet unhappy (with their life’s) nerds always find reasons to hate around, it’s a thing I’m well aware of, it’s old and cliche and is still happening. If you are unhappy with your life, you will always find something to hate on about, this is what typical nerds usually do. It’s a cope to distract from your own problems and nothing more.

And to the contrary I never see actual journalists complain about software of these companies, Razer is the most bloated of the bunch and the recent remark I saw a big review site make about it was praising it. The Logi and Corsair software is simple and easy, there’s nothing you even can complain about there, aside from specifics and exceptions like yours, which are so specific and exceptional, it’s the usual, exceptions just prove the rule saying. Even Armoury Crate I read so much, so often, hate about it, yet it never did anything special on my system, it just worked. It’s not complicated to use either. Asus software was always pretty straightforward for me. And sorry, I have to say it, the old saying of “the problem sits in front of the PC” is still so true, especially with nerds who complain about everything and say everything is bad, they make it all too obvious that they are the problem and not the software.

Meanwhile, I find it amusing how much people complained about these software suits (in internet forums) and I never had a serious problem with them, small things not even worth talking about and quickly fixed, perhaps. And that’s it. PCs are easy nowadays, I’m old school and remember days where PCs ACTUALLY were a hassle. PCs are an easy luxury device now. Wake up. It’s not 2001 anymore. And if you’re unhappy with yourself fix yourself and don’t complain about software that’s allegedly not good, while it’s the most easy and straightforward thing of all times. Mice and keyboard software are simple stuff compared to software for other things like design and construction, etc.

btw. Before I bought the keyboard of Razer I currently use, I had scepticism, due to the nonsense I read from a lot of keyboard warriors on the net - yet since I have started to actually use it myself I have yet to find one single problem with it. It’s simple and works. And if you only want the important stuff you can opt out of the extra software (RGB and whatnot) and not even install it. Easy.
Well, these bloated software suites aren't unusable.

I use Logitech Options+ and Synapse myself and they do the job but if you like them then I think there's an element of Stockholm Syndome going on here.

System Name Lenovo ThinkCentre
Processor AMD 5650GE
Motherboard Lenovo
Memory 32 GB DDR4
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Mouse Lenovo
Keyboard Lenovo
Software W11 Pro 64 bit
If I want cute GIFs on my keyboard, I'll slap on a sticker on it -- does that screen have any sort of API to allow it to display memory usage, system temps, etc? And what can these 6 knobs be programmed to do? If it's in the article, I can't see it.
I'm sure there's open source software for external displays that should work.

Edit: I had a look at their site and for us Aussies it is $215 as shown in the review.

Last edited:
Edit: I had a look at their site and for us Aussies it is $215 as shown in the review.
That software (apparently) only allows you to upload static GIFs; not use the screen as a dynamic display. But reading the review more carefully, it seems screen can't even be connected to the PC when mounted on the keyboard; you have to "pry it out" to use the USB port. So that rules out any sort of real-time display capability, making this a gimmick, not a useful feature.

I use Logitech Options+ and Synapse myself and they do the job but if you like them then I think there's an element of Stockholm Syndome going on here.
Nobody said I like them, software apps like these aren’t about like or hate, they are about does it do the job or not, and they do. And again, if you think they’re so bad start arguing, there’s again just hot air to find here, no substantial arguments against them. They work, they are good, end of story. Maybe try to grow through your hate (of big companies) and see it without unnecessary emotions and drama like I do.

Last edited:
System Name Main rig
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 2700 @ 3.5 GHz/1.18750 V|SoC 0.9 V
Motherboard ASRock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming-ITX/ac |BIOS 3.80
Cooling Noctua NH-D9L
Memory 2 x 8 GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3600 @ 3200/C18-18-18-36|1T /1.25 V
Video Card(s) EVGA GeForce GTX 950 SC+ ACX 2.0 2 GB GDDR5
Storage 500 GB Crucial MX500|1 TB Crucial MX500|250 GB Intel 510|128 GB Netac N600S|6+2 TB WD Purple
Display(s) 2 x LG 24GM77-B @ 144 Hz, DAS on, Motion 240 off | 1 x Icy Box VESA arm @ pivot
Case Fractal Design Define Nano S (no window, 1 x Noctua A14 PWM + 1 x Noctua NF-S12B redux-1200 PWM)
Audio Device(s) Edifier R1700 BTs
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Fanless PX-500
Mouse HSK|Hati S|Hati M Ace|Skoll SK-S|Pulsar Xlite|MM710|MM730|NP-01|Viper M.|Krait|MX300|MX500 etc
Keyboard Ducky One 3 TKL |One 3 SF|One 2 Horizon|Miya Pro|Akko 3068B Plus|Huntsman TE|K70 Pro Mini WL etc
VR HMD 3xShidenkai XS|Zero Classic XS|Hien XS|Raiden XS|P-51|Turbulence Teal SE|Talent L|2xAllsop XL etc
Software MS Windows 10 Home x64
Benchmark Scores over 9000
I think your take is wild, considering all these software works with 0 problems, I use 3 of them currently, G-Hub, Synapse and Asus Crate, and G-Hub is lightweight, simple and easy to use, Razer Synapse is easy to use, a little bit heavier considering it's a much bigger software stack, it's to be expected though, but you can switch off the extra parts (extra RGB effects / desktop background stuff) and it's lightweight enough then. I also use Armoury Crate, it works with 0 problems and got a handy "auto update everything" for software included. I also used iCUE not long ago, simple, lightweight and 0 issues.

I would say, sorry, you got no clue what you're talking about. You just like to hate on big brands, as is widely popular, but there's no merit to your words. Otherwise give me some hard facts with proof to back it up. Everyone I saw so far, that criticised software of those brands, never backed it up with facts or data - just senseless and baseless hate.

Do you know how big brands get big? Because their stuff is good, imagine. You won't ever be big if your software really "sucks". The criticism against those brands, software wise, on the net, rarely has any merit. I even saw reviewers recently saying the Razer software is excellent, and I bet they would say the same about the Logitech software as well.

You already need to bring someone else in here, because you secretly already know how bad your take is. Your take is so extreme, it's not in the realm of possibility for it to be right, I'm sorry.
Nah, bro, they are complete turds. Especially iCUE and Armoury Crate. NEVER had a pleasant experience with them, nor with mice, nor with keyboards. Synapse is so-so, but it's still a resource hog bloatware, like any other centralized platform. But at least it works.

I write reviews about these things and had/have dozens of boards on my desk. The guy is not hating, just spitting facts. Nobody well-versed in the topic will ever buy a board from the mainstream 'gaming' manufacturers, because it's a massively overpriced scam, especially hardware-wise. They got so big and are staying big, because there're a lot of gullible people around, who, for one reason or another, can't be bothered to actually know the market and their options.

But tbh, anything without QMK/VIA/Vial/ZMK is a no go for me for prolonged use, by default, so there's also that.