• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

HP Unveils New Customizable Gaming Gear from OMEN and HyperX

Nomad76

News Editor
Staff member
This week at Gamescom 2024, HP Inc. unveiled its latest gaming gear from OMEN and HyperX. The new offerings take customization to the next level, allowing gamers to fine-tune their aesthetics and ensure their desktops are future-ready with OMEN components.

"HP is committed to pushing the boundaries of technology to deliver unparalleled, personalized experiences for every gamer," said Josephine Tan, Senior Vice President & Division President of Personal Systems Gaming Solutions. "With our latest innovations in OMEN and HyperX, being showcased at Gamescom 2024, we are excited to elevate the gaming experience. Our goal is to provide users with the tools they need to perform at their best and ensure their systems are upgradable, allowing them to fully immerse themselves in their gaming worlds for years to come."

OMEN 35L: Personalized Style Without Compromising Performance
96% of gamers prioritize performance when considering purchasing, 84% seek products that match their personal style, and 84% value the ability to upgrade and customize their rigs. By listening to the community HP delivers on all three with its new OMEN 35L offering a premium customizable gaming PC. This exceptional device incorporates industry standard components enabling future upgradability while ensuring strong performance and flexibility. Some key features of the OMEN 35L include:
  • Premium AI performance: OMEN 35L offers premium AI performance able to manage demanding programmes and graphics, thanks to its choice of powerful processors and GPUs. Available with up to an AMD Ryzen 7 8700G processor, providing the power of personal AI processing for a better gaming experience. The OMEN 35L is also available with up to the Intel Core i7-14700F. Additionally, the OMEN 35L can be outfitted with up to an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090, the ultimate GeForce GPU that delivers exceptional performance, efficiency, and AI-powered graphics, taking your gaming experience to a whole new level.
  • Future ready: The specs you need today may not be sufficient in the future. That is why the OMEN 35L offers industry-standard components for future upgradability. The OMEN Liquid Featuring an LCD Screen or aRGB cap utilizing Asetek 7th gen pump, with 120 mm OMEN fans and the OMEN Modular PSU (850 W / 1000 W) ensure that gamers can personalize their rigs to their exact specifications.
  • Thermal excellence: The OMEN 35L boasts design improvements that deliver superior airflow and thermal capacity and is equipped with large 2x140 mm ARGB fans and a 240 mm liquid cooling system. This thermal design will keep your system cool so you can play on hundreds of high-quality games with an included one month of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate enabling gamers to game across PC, console and cloud.
Available with all OMEN Desktops and Gaming Laptops, the OMEN Gaming Hub (OGH) enables customization beyond hardware by empowering gamers to maximize performance, personalize their set up and discover better ways to play. That's why we're excited to announce a new collaboration with Google Play Games on PC within My Games feature via OGH. This innovative new collaboration will provide access to thousands of mobile and native PC games. This collaboration brings users a seamless multi-platform gaming experience across mobile and PC devices.

Next Gen Audio
With over half of Gen-Z interested in careers as social media influencers, audio plays a crucial role in their work, as well as reflecting personal style and their brand. That is why the HyperX QuadCast 2 and QuadCast 2 S are setting a new standard for the next generation of USB microphones, delivering studio-quality audio and offering flexible customization. Key features include:

Superb audio quality from a USB mic: Ensuring crystal-clear sound for streaming and recording, the QuadCast 2 delivers 24-bit/96 kHz fidelity, while the QuadCast 2 S boasts professional 32-bit/192 kHz fidelity.

100 LEDS on a single mic: Express your mood, style or brand with red lighting on QuadCast 2, or with the world's most customizable USB gaming microphone1, QuadCast 2 S, that features over 100 aRGB LEDs customizable via NGENUITY software. QuadCast 2 and QuadCast 2 S offer expanded control options, including a multi-function knob for gain adjustment, volume control, mic monitoring, and polar pattern selection, providing gamers with ultimate flexibility.

Untethered and Unmatched Battery Life
Whether heading to a LAN Party or even to the office, HyperX is excited to launch the HyperX Alloy Rise 75 Wireless. Building on the success of the HyperX Alloy Rise 75, the first hot-swappable keyboard with a gasket mounted design, this wireless version offers the same level of customization without compromising on quality or gameplay.

Long lasting battery power: Boasting the longest battery life on a backlit dual-wireless gaming keyboard with up to 80 hours of battery life with backlighting on and up to 1,500 hours with backlighting off, gamers can enjoy extended playtime without interruption.

A keyboard that reflects your style: This cutting-edge keyboard allows you to match your aesthetic to your mood, thanks to HyperX's hot-swappable top plates, badges, and switches all functional with wired and wireless version. Additionally, with features like an ambient light sensor and gasket-mounted design, this keyboard offers a truly premium experience.

Pricing and Availability
  • OMEN 35L with AMD Ryzen is available now at HP.com for a starting price of $1299.99 The device is also expected to be available soon at BestBuy.com
  • OMEN 35L with Intel Ultra processors is available now at HP.com for a starting price of $1369.99.
  • OMEN Components: are available at HP.com early 2025.
  • HyperX QuadCast 2 is available now at HyperX.com for $149.99. Also available at Amazon
  • HyperX QuadCast 2 S is expected to be available in November for a price of $199.99. Also available at Bestbuy.com, Target and Amazon
  • HyperX Alloy Rise 75 Wireless is expected to be available in October for a price of $229.99.
  • HyperX Alloy Rise 75 Top Plate is available at HyperX.com for $49.99. Also available at Amazon
  • HyperX Badge Pack is available now at HyperX.com for $24.99. Also available at Amazon

View at TechPowerUp Main Site | Source

System Name Stugots V
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk
Cooling Thermalright PA-120 Black
Memory 2 x 16GB G.Skill 3600Mhz CL16
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual RTX 4070
Storage 500GB WD SN750 | 2TB WD SN750 | 6TB WD Red +
Display(s) Dell S2716DG (1440p / 144Hz)
Case Fractal Meshify 2 Compact
Audio Device(s) JDS Labs Element | Audioengine HD3 + A8 | Beyerdynamic DT-990 Pro (250)
Power Supply Seasonic Focus Plus 850W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Leopold FC750RBT
Software Win 10 Pro x64
Yeah that might be the best case from HP I've ever seen actually, just looks overall solid.

System Name The Captain (2.0)
Processor Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E AORUS Master
Cooling 280mm Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 4x Be Quiet! 140mm Silent Wings 4 (1x exhaust 3x intake)
Memory 32GB (2x16) G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo (6000Mhz)
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3070 SUPRIM X
Storage 1x Crucial MX500 500GB SSD; 1x Crucial MX500 500GB M.2 SSD; 1x WD Blue HDD, 1x Crucial P5 Plus
Display(s) Aorus CV27F 27" 1080p 165Hz
Case Phanteks Evolv X (Anthracite Gray)
Power Supply Corsair RMx (2021) 1000W 80-Plus Gold
Mouse Varies based on mood/task; is currently Razer Basilisk V3 Pro or Razer Cobra Pro
Keyboard Varies based on mood; currently Razer Blackwidow V4 75% and Hyper X Alloy 65
While I'm happy to see a wireless variant of the Rise 75, I'm a bit disappointed to see that the biggest problem I had with the wired version is still a Thing on the wireless - why make Delete a secondary function, rather than Home? I would think more people use delete moreso than Home.

Processor 13700KF Undervolted @ 5.4, 4.8Ghz Ring 190W PL1
Motherboard MSI 690-I PRO
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 w/ Arctic P12 Fans
Memory 48 GB DDR5 7600 MHZ CL36
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 FE
Storage 2x 2TB WDC SN850, 1TB Samsung 960 prr
Display(s) Alienware 32" 4k 240hz OLED
Case SLIGER S620
Audio Device(s) Yes
Power Supply Corsair SF750
Mouse Xlite V2
Keyboard RoyalAxe
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores They're pretty good, nothing crazy.
While I'm happy to see a wireless variant of the Rise 75, I'm a bit disappointed to see that the biggest problem I had with the wired version is still a Thing on the wireless - why make Delete a secondary function, rather than Home? I would think more people use delete moreso than Home.
I think at least on most custom style boards you can just reflash those -- i have my 2 set to delete and print screen (snipping tool), but by default those assignments are always kind of garbo.

+1 on the minimalist MicroATX case - really nice.