• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

6750xt with w10 1709-drivers

im looking at different options. depends on my daily mood. some days I dont want to invest much money and others I consider a higher end (for me) card. options 2080/ti, 4060ti, 3070/ti, and the 6750xt.

I now have a ryzen 5600x pc with rx590 in it. running an optimized (using ntlite) w10 build 1709 because with that build I can rip out tons of MS garbage.

so my issue is drivers. I tried downloading newer drivers. for the rx590, says unsupported os. so went a bit older. still unsupported. so now im very limited with drivers because of 1709 and while I want to support amd, I am NOT going to update w10 to a newer build. nothing to talk about there. I think its on 20.9.1 now if im not mistaken.

this pc is my important pc and it will never get connected to the internet. nothing to talk about with that. I have older dvd games there and edit my pics and want to learn to video edit. but os build will never get updated and no need at all.

but I see that nvidia has better driver support long term. and if I buy a newer card like the 6750xt I feel I already have issues with my rx590, im going to be even more limited with a newer card when they probably want a newer os build. I will update the cpu to either the 5900x or 5950x in due time but for now gpu

I know with my 3rd pc which has i7 6700/gtx970, I can goto evga site and close my eyes to choose the newest or oldest driver for w10 64 and they will all work.

its bullshet on amd's part they dont have as long support for cards based on build. I want to support amd, but I feel im forced to go with nvidia cards if I go nvidia it wont be new. amd would be new. but if thats what it comes to, I will have no choice but buy used nvidia. after what they did to evga, my favorite brand, im not going to buy new nvidia. I dont want to get into a corner where amd says your card wont work on this build w10. never had that issue wiht nvidia. so this forces my hand.

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600@80W
Motherboard MSI B550 Tomahawk
Cooling ZALMAN CNPS9X OPTIMA
Memory 2*8GB PATRIOT PVS416G400C9K@3733MT_C16
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon RX 6750 XT Pulse 12GB
Storage Sandisk SSD 128GB, Kingston A2000 NVMe 1TB, Samsung F1 1TB, WD Black 10TB
Display(s) AOC 27G2U/BK IPS 144Hz
Case SHARKOON M25-W 7.1 BLACK
Audio Device(s) Realtek 7.1 onboard
Power Supply Seasonic Core GC 500W
Mouse Sharkoon SHARK Force Black
Keyboard Trust GXT280
Software Win 7 Ultimate 64bit/Win 10 pro 64bit/Manjaro Linux
Having the 5600 non-X with tuned 3733MT/s RAM and the Sapphire Pulse RX6750XT, I couldn't be more happy with the system's performance in anything I do with it (not being a pro or doinf video editing as that would demand more cores and RAM). I say go for it.

System Name Full Aorus PC that upgrades forever
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus X370 Gaming 5
Cooling Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L V2
Memory 32 GB 3200mhz CL16 Silicon Power (2 x 16gb)
Video Card(s) Aorus 5700 XT
Storage 2x Samsung 970 evo plus 500gb (One is on an expansion card)
Display(s) XG2431 (Luv ya Viewsonic for this great monitor)
Case Cooler Master MB TG520
Audio Device(s) HyperX Cloud Alpha
Power Supply AP850GM (Aorus 850 Watt)
Mouse Razer Viper Ultimate
Keyboard Redragon K614
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores 4.7GHZ on the CPU at 1.3 Volts, Step it up PBO!
im looking at different options. depends on my daily mood. some days I dont want to invest much money and others I consider a higher end (for me) card. options 2080/ti, 4060ti, 3070/ti, and the 6750xt.

I now have a ryzen 5600x pc with rx590 in it. running an optimized (using ntlite) w10 build 1709 because with that build I can rip out tons of MS garbage.

so my issue is drivers. I tried downloading newer drivers. for the rx590, says unsupported os. so went a bit older. still unsupported. so now im very limited with drivers because of 1709 and while I want to support amd, I am NOT going to update w10 to a newer build. nothing to talk about there. I think its on 20.9.1 now if im not mistaken.

this pc is my important pc and it will never get connected to the internet. nothing to talk about with that. I have older dvd games there and edit my pics and want to learn to video edit. but os build will never get updated and no need at all.

but I see that nvidia has better driver support long term. and if I buy a newer card like the 6750xt I feel I already have issues with my rx590, im going to be even more limited with a newer card when they probably want a newer os build. I will update the cpu to either the 5900x or 5950x in due time but for now gpu

I know with my 3rd pc which has i7 6700/gtx970, I can goto evga site and close my eyes to choose the newest or oldest driver for w10 64 and they will all work.

its bullshet on amd's part they dont have as long support for cards based on build. I want to support amd, but I feel im forced to go with nvidia cards if I go nvidia it wont be new. amd would be new. but if thats what it comes to, I will have no choice but buy used nvidia. after what they did to evga, my favorite brand, im not going to buy new nvidia. I dont want to get into a corner where amd says your card wont work on this build w10. never had that issue wiht nvidia. so this forces my hand.
I'd recommend getting a 2080 TI
It'll have all the features of your modern RTX (Albeit worse) and there should be a driver out there that supports Win 10 1709. Pretty sure 2080 TI's have official Windows 7 drivers (Without RT)
For video editing, using your 2080 TI will provide great quality thanks to the encoders, and are also good at video editing.
However, if power is a concern, use a 3070. However, you might run into driver issues.
Don't get a 4060 TI I doubt it even has Windows 10 drivers for that old of a system.

Having the 5600 non-X with tuned 3733MT/s RAM and the Sapphire Pulse RX6750XT, I couldn't be more happy with the system's performance in anything I do with it (not being a pro or doinf video editing as that would demand more cores and RAM). I say go for it.
I like your enthusiasm but since you didnt read my post regarding my real concerns, thanks anyway?

I'd recommend getting a 2080 TI
It'll have all the features of your modern RTX (Albeit worse) and there should be a driver out there that supports Win 10 1709. Pretty sure 2080 TI's have official Windows 7 drivers (Without RT)
For video editing, using your 2080 TI will provide great quality thanks to the encoders, and are also good at video editing.
However, if power is a concern, use a 3070. However, you might run into driver issues.
Don't get a 4060 TI I doubt it even has Windows 10 drivers for that old of a system.
my problem is im slow with adapting. I just dont want to. I still have a w7 pc and wish I could use that forever. I will not move to w11. it takes me time to absorb anything new. it takes me time to warm up to new things.

20870 still has updated drivers? and whats the last driver that still supports 1709. thats my concern. I may want to player new-ish games. usually weird games like stray or even gris. not shooter or mainstream games.

usually when people playing the newest games, ill look at them 2-5 years later.

withj rx590 its forcing me to update the build which is bullshit and wont happen. it will goto an older pc. this is a trap by companies.

Last edited:
System Name Full Aorus PC that upgrades forever
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus X370 Gaming 5
Cooling Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L V2
Memory 32 GB 3200mhz CL16 Silicon Power (2 x 16gb)
Video Card(s) Aorus 5700 XT
Storage 2x Samsung 970 evo plus 500gb (One is on an expansion card)
Display(s) XG2431 (Luv ya Viewsonic for this great monitor)
Case Cooler Master MB TG520
Audio Device(s) HyperX Cloud Alpha
Power Supply AP850GM (Aorus 850 Watt)
Mouse Razer Viper Ultimate
Keyboard Redragon K614
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores 4.7GHZ on the CPU at 1.3 Volts, Step it up PBO!