• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

acer aspire 7 cpu i5 12450h

idnfts

hello first of all sorry my english is not the best the fivr option is not turning on im on windows 11 pro even when i lower the max and min from power plan that is not showing results i had a msi laptop the power plan thingy used to work but now in this laptop non are working i need ur help pls

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
Intel removed FIVR voltage control from the 12th Gen and newer H series processors. You need a laptop with a HX or HK processor.

Post some ThrottleStop screenshots so I can see your settings.

idnfts

here u go i even tried that other intel app it was greyed out and where i live its really hot here
Screenshot 2024-06-26 104509.png
Screenshot 2024-06-26 105414.png

unclewebb

The top of the FIVR window shows that CPU voltage control is Not Available.

1719417424447.png

that other intel app
It is the same thing when using Intel XTU. CPU voltage control is Not Available when using a 12th Gen and newer mobile H series CPU. You need a HX CPU if that feature is important to you. The Lenovo Legion series has some mid range models with HX processors.

where i live its really hot here
The Intel recommended temperature when thermal throttling should start is 100°C. Acer decided to ignore that advice.

1719418260123.png

Your laptop is set to start thermal throttling at only 92°C. Premature thermal throttling reduces maximum performance. Your Acer laptop is likely going to be constantly thermal throttling while trying to play a game, especially when the room temperature is over 20°C.

In the TPL window you can either reduce the turbo power limit values or you can reduce the Speed Shift Max value. Both methods will will slow the CPU down. Without voltage control being available, these are the only two methods that still work to control the heat output of your CPU. Both methods will reduce maximum performance. I am not sure what will be better for smooth game play. You can use ThrottleStop to throttle your CPU so it does not overheat or you can run it at full speed, let it constantly overheat and bounce off the low ball thermal throttle temperature limit.

idnfts

The top of the FIVR window shows that CPU voltage control is Not Available.

View attachment 352903

It is the same thing when using Intel XTU. CPU voltage control is Not Available when using a 12th Gen and newer mobile H series CPU. You need a HX CPU if that feature is important to you. The Lenovo Legion series has some mid range models with HX processors.

The Intel recommended temperature when thermal throttling should start is 100°C. Acer decided to ignore that advice.

View attachment 352904

Your laptop is set to start thermal throttling at only 92°C. Premature thermal throttling reduces maximum performance. Your Acer laptop is likely going to be constantly thermal throttling while trying to play a game, especially when the room temperature is over 20°C.

In the TPL window you can either reduce the turbo power limit values or you can reduce the Speed Shift Max value. Both methods will will slow the CPU down. Without voltage control being available, these are the only two methods that still work to control the heat output of your CPU. Both methods will reduce maximum performance. I am not sure what will be better for smooth game play. You can use ThrottleStop to throttle your CPU so it does not overheat or you can run it at full speed, let it constantly overheat and bounce off the low ball thermal throttle temperature limit.
thank you it did work but can i auto startup throttlestop so i dont have to click on it again and again when ever i turn on my laptop is there away that throttlestop stays on

i reduced the speed shift max value it worked i got higher score when i did the ts bench the other option is not changing so yeah thank u

unclewebb

can i auto startup throttlestop
You can add ThrottleStop to your Windows startup by using the Task Scheduler.

Here is a Task Scheduler Guide.