• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ASUS ROG Pugio II

pzogel

Reviewer
The ASUS Pugio II is an ambidextrous wireless gaming mouse packed with features: for connectivity you can use 2.4 GHz wireless or Bluetooth, the main button switches are hot-swap, PixArt's top-tier PAW3335 sensor ensures good accuracy and the battery will last for 69 hours.

Show full review

I didn't like it. For the price, the build quality is pretty poor, with a few sharp edges. The case is only secured at the top, and by pretty weak magnets, so it comes off during gaming if you're a palm gamer.

The right-side buttons are poorly placed and difficult to trigger with your little finger. I replaced them with blanking plate on the end as it was more comfortable.

It uses a USB C port for charging, but don't bother trying your phone charger - it won't fit due to the angle.

The biggest frustration was the software. I thought Razer was bad, but Asus took it to a whole new level. Two separate apps to download, with essential functionality split over both apps just to be extra annoying.

I had the G950 (I think) .. it was awkward at 1st but I really liked it .... So when it died I bought a new one from one of Asus' authorized retailers. It died after 6 weeks, Asus was useless for support and when I filed for warranty claim, Asus said the outlet was on their authorizes list of vendors but not in USA. That was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back so to speak. Was my last Asus purchase. Lov their BIOS .. love their utilities ... but too many TS / failure to honor warranty disasters to deal with

Processor 9700k
Motherboard asrock z390 extreme4
Video Card(s) 5700
Display(s) benq xl2411p 144hz 1080p
I had the G950 (I think) .. it was awkward at 1st but I really liked it .... So when it died I bought a new one from one of Asus' authorized retailers. It died after 6 weeks, Asus was useless for support and when I filed for warranty claim, Asus said the outlet was on their authorizes list of vendors but not in USA. That was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back so to speak. Was my last Asus purchase. Lov their BIOS .. love their utilities ... but too many TS / failure to honor warranty disasters to deal with
wow