• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Atiflash "Adapter not found"

nekeed

Hi everyone,

I have an issue with my Fury X.

I try to flash my bios because i have graphic issue with it :

https://community.amd.com/message/2851236

And i follow the step of this trhead :

https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/amd-ati-flashing-guide.212849/

But at the first time i copy the wrong atiflash (not the DOS version) and it's tell me i don't have the good one.

So i restart my computer and i go to copy the DOS version of Atiflash, but problem come here... My computer doesn't run when my Fury X is plug in. I need to unplug it and go on my HDMI motherbord to run my windows.

I copy the DOS version, and i plug in my card again, i go on boot panel of the bios and lunch my USB key.

Everything in running and i write "atiflash -i" and i have the "Adapter not found" error.

I try to restart and run my card on 2nd bios position (with the switch), but nothing happen, my computer run, but no image, and my keyboard still off.

Now, when my Fury X is plug, i have nothing on my screen...

I need some help.

Thank you.

Note : Sorry for my english, i'm rusty.

System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Memory 64 GB DDR5 6400Mhz
Video Card(s) 7900XTX 310 Merc
Storage Samsung 990 2TB, 2 SP 2TB SSDs, 24TB Enterprise drives
Display(s) 55" Samsung 4K HDR
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
Benchmark Scores Its fast. Enough.

First please don't post multiple threads.

Next, what graphical issues were you having before the BIOS flash. Sorry I didn't watch your video before, that looks like the memory or memory controller is dying, and a BIOS flash woudn't help unless you have already identified higher core, or memory voltage as a solution, and found or edited the BIOS to allow for higher voltages.

Last, some members will probably seem frustrated that you flashed your graphics card BIOS, it isn't always easy to do it correctly, and unless you have a card you are willing to risk it can go bad, but many here are very helpful and will gladly try their best to fix your issue.

Last edited:

nekeed

Sorry, i multi threads because i don't see my first thread on "graphics card" and i don't know if everyone seen on ATI section. So i'm sorry for that.

I have this before i try to flash :

But, i don't understand why that goes bad, i don't flash anything because i don't run the good atiflash in the first time :/

Last edited:
System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
IF the physical chip had shorts (short circuit) between transistor gates from electomigration, essentially voltages at the small transistor trace sizes (28nm for the GPU die, 40nm for the interposer, and 20nm for the memory) due to manufacturing defects, electrical wear and thermal issues can cause "sparks" across the insulation layer, eroding it, leaving no insulation on some transistors. This causes any data processing through them to become corrupt. Eventually this can and will cause a complete failure, as either the logic parts of the chip responsible for starting, controlling, and utilizing fail, the system will become stuck trying to communicate with memory, or some other diagnostic test will fail with no function available to display the failure mode. This is one possibility, the other is the solder joints that provide a physical, mechanical and electrical connection between components is failing, generally this is only seen in high heat, continuous load operations, for example crypto mining cards. Sometimes baking a card in a oven to a high enough temperture to remelt the solder and reform the physical connections works, but at a low enough temperature that no other componenets on the card are damaged, you have to fully diassemble the card, clean it, and have new repair items such as a thermal paste, thermal tape, and/or other items to properly reassemble the card.

Your card actually looks, and seems like a candidate for being baked, but I would wait for members that have more experience with your card to get done with work, life, or normal activities and they should be able to provide better assistance than I will.

nekeed

Ok, if i understood, it's a physical dammage on the card ? With electrical issue :/

System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
Ok, if i understood, it's a physical dammage on the card ? With electrical issue :/
Physical damage seems the most likely based on the video you provided.

Was this card used for cryptocurrency mining, Etherium, Litecoin, or anything like it?

Have you tried, with the machine turned off, after touching the metal edge of the computer case, to unplug the card from everything, and physically pulling the card from the slot, and replacing it back into the slot to ensure it has good contact? Next do you have a multi-meter capable of checking the voltage from the yellow to the black wires?

nekeed

I don't know if it use for the mining, it's a refurbished, i received it yesterday. But with the popularity of mining, that's not suprise me if it use to this ...

But i'm sad, this card have a good look and fucking good temperature !

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
Return the card.

System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
Yep,it was defective, and if you just got it, send it back, it was probably a mining card.

I understand your disappointement, liquid cooling is great, and I didn't build a new machine as a new card was soooooo expensive.

nekeed

Yeah the GC is expensive as fuck now x)

Thank's for your time ;)

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
If you attempted a bios flash I would follow the guide at the Mining Bios repository, if you follow the directions correctly like many have you could recover but as steevo and erocker said, physical damage, it could be far too gone to rescue