• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

BD PROCHOT IS CHECKED AND GREYED OUT - HOW TO GET IT UNCHECKED

JKR

Installed throttlestop a while ago and was able to uncheck this
Had a windows issue and restored a backup image that did not have throttlestop installed
Installed throttlestop and now bd prochot is checked and greyed out
This worked great before the image restore

How cal I get this option to be not greyed out?

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
A BIOS update has likely locked BD PROCHOT. Many 12th and 13th Gen computers are locking BD PROCHOT.

What computer do you have? Have a look to see if you can install a previous BIOS version.

There is nothing ThrottleStop can do once BD PROCHOT is locked out.

System Name Firelance.
Processor Threadripper 3960X
Motherboard ROG Strix TRX40-E Gaming
Cooling IceGem 360 + 6x Arctic Cooling P12
Memory 8x 16GB Patriot Viper DDR4-3200 CL16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 4060 Ti Ventus 2X OC
Storage 2TB WD SN850X (boot), 4TB Crucial P3 (data)
Display(s) 3x AOC Q32E2N (32" 2560x1440 75Hz)
Case Enthoo Pro II Server Edition (Closed Panel) + 6 fans
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion+ 2 Platinum 760W
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Razer Pro Type Ultra
Software Windows 10 Professional x64
Caps lock is not cruise control for cool.

DeShise

A BIOS update has likely locked BD PROCHOT. Many 12th and 13th Gen computers are locking BD PROCHOT.

What computer do you have? Have a look to see if you can install a previous BIOS version.

There is nothing ThrottleStop can do once BD PROCHOT is locked out.
Hello, I encountered a problem with 0.79 gHz. My processor is core I3 12100f. I tried many ways but nothing helped. The only thing I have is your program - ThrottleStop. Previously the BD Prochot light was red, but I recently reinstalled Windows and now they are flashing from yellow to red. The multiplier is 8.00 and periodically changes from 8.00 to 8.03. The problem is that my BD Prochot function is grayed out and active. I tried reinstalling different BIOS versions for my motherboard but nothing changed. Is it possible to somehow get around this? My computer: Nvidia rtx 3060
i3 12100f
16 gb 3200
Motherboard Gigabyte h610m h ddr4 rev. 1.1.
Thank you.

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
BD PROCHOT
Most motherboards for 12th and 13th Gen CPUs have decided to lock out BD PROCHOT adjustment. When the BD PROCHOT lock bit is set by the BIOS, you can no longer use ThrottleStop to disable BD PROCHOT. This used to be a simple fix by using ThrottleStop. Now most users with this problem will have to toss their motherboards in the garbage.

I know it is possible to edit the BIOS and disable the BD PROCHOT lock bit but very few people have done this or posted any information about how to do this.

Try asking about this problem in one of the BIOS mod forums. Maybe you will get lucky and find someone that can help you with this problem.

In GitHub has tool for turn of/on of bd prochot with name Irabe. I will not post link. Because didn't know it's legal or not.
Ps. It's maybe old and maybe didn't work with new Intel generations because last version is from 2019!

Last edited:

Dimi09445

Most motherboards for 12th and 13th Gen CPUs have decided to lock out BD PROCHOT adjustment. When the BD PROCHOT lock bit is set by the BIOS, you can no longer use ThrottleStop to disable BD PROCHOT. This used to be a simple fix by using ThrottleStop. Now most users with this problem will have to toss their motherboards in the garbage.

I know it is possible to edit the BIOS and disable the BD PROCHOT lock bit but very few people have done this or posted any information about how to do this.

Try asking about this problem in one of the BIOS mod forums. Maybe you will get lucky and find someone that can help you with this problem.
I have a MSI B760 TOMAHAWK DDR4 mobo with this lock, can you point me to another one without the lock ? Is this limited to the B760 chipset ?