• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Best ATI graphics card for old CPU and modern video streams

@jeffshead you sure the HDD, PSU and MB are in a good shape? It's old hardware so I can easily expect any of them to just start to break.
Yes. The arcade machine was lightly used. I even swapped the HDD and PSU.

I had no Idea I was going to spend this much time. I was thinking a quick swap of a video card and that would be it. Now I have several hours invested in this ancient OS and equipment. I can't quit now but had I known it was going to be this much trouble, I would have just started from scratch with newer equipment/OS.

Another thought... Since I have hyperthreading enabled in the BIOS, a dual-boot system and one of the XP installations is working just fine with hyperthreading and streaming, is there a way to disable hyperhtreading in the other OS so that it does not auto-update to multiproccessor? Maybe it will boot then. If that is possible, will the OS still be able to fully utilize the CPU?

System Name BOX
Processor Core i7 6950X @ 4,26GHz (1,28V)
Motherboard X99 SOC Champion (BIOS F23c + bifurcation mod)
Cooling Thermalright Venomous-X + 2x Delta 38mm PWM (Push-Pull)
Memory Patriot Viper Steel 4000MHz CL16 4x8GB (@3240MHz CL12.12.12.24 CR2T @ 1,48V)
Video Card(s) Titan V (~1650MHz @ 0.77V, HBM2 1GHz, Forced P2 state [OFF])
Storage WD SN850X 2TB + Samsung EVO 2TB (SATA) + Seagate Exos X20 20TB (4Kn mode)
Display(s) LG 27GP950-B
Case Fractal Design Meshify 2 XL
Audio Device(s) Motu M4 (audio interface) + ATH-A900Z + Behringer C-1
Power Supply Seasonic X-760 (760W)
Mouse Logitech RX-250
Keyboard HP KB-9970
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
ATI drivers are a mess for AGP DX10 stuff.
Better let installer unpack files, and then force cancel further installation.
Manually install .inf driver from Device Manager for GPU model you have.

You can force Single Thread OS operation by using 1 core/thread in msconfig advance settings.