• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Can Waves Maxx Audio be replaced with something else, if so, what? and how?

System Name Precision 7680
Processor 13th Gen Intel (R) Core (TM) i9-13950HX vPRO 2.20GHz
Memory 64GB, 1X64GB 5200 MT/s CAMM, non-ECC
Video Card(s) NVIDIA RTX A1000, 6 GB, GDDR6
Storage 2TB, M.2 2280, GEN 4 PCLE NVME, SSD
Display(s) 16 UHD+ 3840X2400 OLED, WVA, 60HZ, ANITGLARE, TOUCH, 100% DCI-P3, 400 NITS, IR CAMERA W/ MIC
Mouse Logitech MX Anywhere 3S
I'm a court reporter (voice writer). I use Eclipse and Dragon Naturally Speaking to do my job. I recently purchased a pair of room microphones from Sound Professionals. In order to use them
I had to install a specific Andrea driver for them. However, apparently, the driver is not compatible with Waves Maxx Audio, so it had to be disabled.

As I've read in other forums, once you disable it, the audio jack does not recognize your earbuds, and that is the problem I'm having. I would like to install something to replace Waves Maxx Audio, but I'm not familiar enough with that to know what is best and exactly how to do it. If I have step-by-step instructions, I can handle it.

I've been told by Sound Professionals that WaveMaxx Audio and Intel Smart Sound Technology are both incompatible with the Andrea drivers. I do not want to have to return the mics as they are very good at picking up sound in a large courtroom full of people. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.