• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Corsair HydroX products are damn good.

sblantipodi

As title.
I just want to share my experience with Corsair's HydroX products.

1725878460792.png

They are damn good.

Radiators are made by HardwareLabs and fittings by BitsPower so two of the best in class in their segment.
Pumps uses the well known D5.
Fans are better than what most people say.

This are the components:
  • Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo RGB.
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D.
  • GPU: MSI SuprimX RTX4090.
  • Mobo: MSI X670E ACE.
  • RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 4x16B @ 6000/C30.
  • PUMP: Corsair Hydro X XD5 Elite LCD.
  • CPU waterblock: Corsair Hydro X XC7 Elite LCD.
  • GPU waterblock: Corsair Hydro X XG7 RGB.
  • 2x Corsair XR5 Neo 360mm x 30mm radiator.
  • 1x Corsair XR7 360mm X 55mm radiator.
  • Fittings: Corsair Hydro X fittings.
  • Tubes: Corsair Hydro X Series XT Softline.
  • Coolant: Corsair XL5 clear.
  • PSU: Corsair HX1200i digital 1200W (2024 version).
  • Headphones: Corsair Virtuoso XT.
  • Fans: 10x Corsair QX120.
  • Hub: Corsair ICUE Link System Hub, Lightning Node Pro.
  • Ambilight: Luciferin + official PCB.
for a whopping of 700W of power that needs to be dissipated by radiators/fans.

When the PC is in full load my RTX4090 needs 520W, CPU needs 150W, pumpo 30W more or less.
GPU card never goes over 60°C with a TAMB of 28°C and the fans spinning at 1200RPM.

Please note that Corsair QX120 fans are much much much quiter than other fans when spinning at the same RPM even if they are not the best for airflow/CFM and static pressure.

At 1200RPM this fans are not audible and when the PC is not in full loads (or with a lower TAMB) they spins at even lower RPM.

Here a video that shows how well those fans move air through radiators, even the tick 55mm one at only 1000RPM.

But the poin is...
Will you really see any noticeable differences in a fan that produces 30CFM and one that produces 27 CFM?
no, you will not.

If you want the absolute bests there is probably something better and it will require you much more time and effort to build the system.
If you are fine with "one of the best" components that watercooling can offer, with a very easy to use ecosystem, that simply works Corsair products are a good alternatives to look into.

I know that there are a lot of people that hates iCue but be real, internet is full of haters for no reasons.

No one forces you to use iCue if you don't want to because this components has an hardware memory that stores your preferences but if I need to be sincere, I love icue and it works great here.

Leave alone the fact that Corsair customer care is simply the best one you can find now.

Just my two cents on this.