• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

CORSAIR is Set to Acquire Fanatec Sim Racing

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Corsair is delighted to announce that they have signed a definitive agreement with Endor AG to acquire the Fanatec Sim Racing product line. This includes the existing employees at Endor who manage and operate the Fanatec product line. The headquarters will remain in Landshut and continue to develop future Fanatec Sim Racing products. The transaction is expected to close imminently.

Fanatec is widely celebrated for bringing the thrilling world of Sim Racing into many homes and racing centres, building a huge following of loyal and passionate enthusiasts. Known for its high-quality hardware and innovations in the Sim Racing industry, Fanatec has set the benchmark for immersive racing experiences. Its dedicated Sim Racing products include force-feedback steering wheels, pedals, shifters, and complete cockpits for PlayStation, Xbox, and PC-based racing simulators.

Andy Paul, CEO of Corsair, shared his enthusiasm about this event: "We have long admired the Fanatec brand and are excited to bring these incredible products to an even wider audience. We are fully committed to further develop and expand Fanatec's product lines, improving customer service, and embracing the needs of the Sim Racing community. Racing enthusiasts can look forward to an even more intense and realistic Sim Racing experience."

Andres Ruff, CEO of Endor AG, added: "Corsair shares Fanatec's passion for innovation, quality, and continuous development. Corsair will open up new opportunities for Fanatec to further extend its portfolio and work even more closely with the growing Sim Racing community."

Corsair plans to make significant investments in the Fanatec brand, its products, and increasing worldwide availability through our channels. All current and future Fanatec customers will benefit from the world-class support from Corsair, including warranty and software updates going forward.

Corsair and Fanatec share the immediate goal of ensuring prompt delivery of all orders during this transition of ownership and maintaining customer support and satisfaction.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Homebase
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus X570S UD
Cooling Scythe Mugen 5 RGB
Memory 2*16 Kingston Fury DDR4-3600 double ranked
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 6800 16 GB
Storage 1*512 WD Red SN700, 1*2TB Curcial P5, 1*2TB Sandisk Plus (TLC), 1*14TB Toshiba MG
Display(s) Philips E-line 275E1S
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Power Supply Corsair RM850 2019
Mouse Sharkoon Sharkforce Pro
Keyboard Fujitsu KB955
They basically acquired the assets and rights in a special form in insolvency sale. They did not buy the HQ building and some other stuff, but all employee that were still within the company.

System Name Jaspe
Processor Ryzen 1500X
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X370-F Gaming
Cooling Stock
Memory 16Gb Corsair 3000mhz
Video Card(s) EVGA GTS 450
Storage Crucial M500
Display(s) Philips 1080 24'
Case NZXT
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Enermax 425W
Software Windows 10 Pro
You know what this means, RGB all over the wheels and compulsory iCUE installation.

System Name Lightbringer
Processor Ryzen 7 2700X
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X470-F Gaming
Cooling Enermax Liqmax Iii 360mm AIO
Memory G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB (8GBx4) 3200Mhz CL 14
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 5700XT Nitro+
Storage Hp EX950 2TB NVMe M.2, HP EX950 1TB NVMe M.2, Samsung 860 EVO 2TB
Display(s) LG 34BK95U-W 34" 5120 x 2160
Case Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic (White)
Power Supply BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850w Gold Rated PSU
Mouse Glorious Model O (Matte White)
Keyboard Royal Kludge RK71
Software Windows 10
Awesome, if there's anything we're lacking under late stage capitalism, it's definitely consolidation of industry

Processor 7950X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Pro X
Cooling NZXT Kraken ELite 280
Memory 64GB Kingston FURY Beast RGB 6000MT/s C30
Video Card(s) GeForce RTX™ 4080 16GB AERO OC
Storage Crucial T700 1TB SSD
Display(s) Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo
Case Lian-Li O11D Mini
Audio Device(s) Mackie CM3 studio monitors
Power Supply Asus Loki 1kW
Mouse Razer Deathadder Pro 3
Keyboard Ducky Zero 6108 (silver switches)
VR HMD Vive XR Elite
Software Kubuntu 24.10
Guess it's time to switch to Moza.

Processor Intel i7 77OOK
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus something
Cooling Noctua NH-U12S dual fan
Memory Ballistix 32 Go
Video Card(s) MSI 3060 Gaming X
Storage Mixed bag of M2 SSD and SATA SSD
Display(s) MSI 34" 3440x1440 Artimys 343CQR
Case Old Corsair Obsidian something
Audio Device(s) Integrated
Power Supply Old Antec HCG 620 still running good
Mouse Steelseries something
Keyboard Steelseries someting too
Benchmark Scores bench ? no time to lose with bench ! :)
Corsair is like Microsoft for the hardware part :)

Over here, right where you can't see me !
System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
You know what this means, RGB all over the wheels and compulsory iCUE installation.
^^THIS^^

Just what we need....MORE circus-pukerfester BSOD-inducing gargaggio gamr tois for da gamr bois/gurls....

I'm soooo excited, I just had my AI buyer-bot thingy buy up all of their existing and future inventory for the next 5 years, so the rest of humanity will be spared this catastrophey......you're welcome !

n.O.t... /s

Last edited:
System Name Nebulon B
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard MSi PRO B650M-A WiFi
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory 2x 24 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-4800
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 6750 XT 12 GB
Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Display(s) Dell S3422DWG, 7" Waveshare touchscreen
Case Kolink Citadel Mesh black
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z333 2.1 speakers, AKG Y50 headphones
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-750
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S
Keyboard Logitech G413 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro
Everyone saying that fanatec quality will go down from this has clearly never used a fanatec product. It was a dying brand for anybody that was smart enough to do any research as MOZA, SIMAGIC, and Simucube, if you're willing to pay more for real quality, are far better options.

The only plus Fanatec had going for it was the feature set for their cheaper wheels, namely the formula rim, but it used cheap shit plastic that easily broke. Hopefully Corsair can clean up Fanatec's trash and make the products actually competitive again.

System Name 5800X3D-RTX3090
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570S Aorus Master
Cooling Phanteks Glacier One 360MP D-RGB AIO
Memory 64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600MHz CL16 DDR4
Video Card(s) nVidia RTX 3090 Founders Edition
Storage 4 x 4TB WD SN850X M.2 NVMe
Display(s) 27" IPS @ 144hz, G-Sync
Case Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X - Anthracite Grey
Audio Device(s) Speakers: Razer Leviathan v1 | Audio ICs and codecs: ALC1220-VB, ESS SABRE9118 DAC, & DTS:X Ultra
Power Supply 1300W Seasonic Prime PX 80+
Mouse Razer Basilisk Ultimate
Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Elite
VR HMD Valve Index, Oculus Rift S
Software Win10 Pro
iCUE is bloatware at best, so let's hope they spare Fanatec from it.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700X3D
Motherboard MSI MPG B550I GAMING EDGE WIFI Mini ITX
Cooling Noctua NH-U12S Chromax Black
Memory Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro SL 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) 3600MHz CL18
Video Card(s) AMD RX 6750XT Reference Design
Storage 2.5 TB 2.5" SSD / 3 TB HDD
Display(s) ASUS 27" 165HZ VG27WQ / Vertical 16/10 iiyama 25" 75Hz ProLite XUB2595WSU-B1
Case be quiet! Dark Base 700 RGB
Audio Device(s) PSB Alpha P3 / LOXJIE A30 Amp
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 650 GA
Mouse Cooler master MM720
Keyboard Roccat horde
VR HMD Oculus Rift S (please Valve, release a new headset)
Software Windows 10
If they manage it like Elgato, it will just fix all bad aspect about fanatec, logistic and support.

Everyone saying that fanatec quality will go down from this has clearly never used a fanatec product. It was a dying brand for anybody that was smart enough to do any research as MOZA, SIMAGIC, and Simucube, if you're willing to pay more for real quality, are far better options.

The only plus Fanatec had going for it was the feature set for their cheaper wheels, namely the formula rim, but it used cheap shit plastic that easily broke. Hopefully Corsair can clean up Fanatec's trash and make the products actually competitive again.
Well...
Fanatec is/was a luxury sim racing brand with a wider appeal among the core audience. At least until 2020 (and covid) they charged a lot of money for their stuff because they were better than the Logitech and Thrustmaster bought by casuals and so they didn't have any serious contender in that marketplace.
But with covid a bunch of smaller brands emerged and they sold/still sell comparable products for cheaper than Fanatec.
And Fanatec didn't notice this that's why they are in trouble.
They lowered their prices but are still overpriced. I think their quality is good but their prices are not.
I don't touch Corsair things other than memories. :)

Last edited:

Draconis

When did Corsair go downhill?

I have had quite a few Corsair products over the years and chose them for no other reason that met my requirements at the time and they always performed well. I currently have a 7 year old mechanical keyboard, 3 year old RAM kit and just replaced a 4 year old worn out M65 mouse with another M65 mouse and they are all solid. Should I expect the new M65 mouse to fail prematurely or gives issues?

Last edited:

JKIN

I have had quite a few Corsair products over the years and chose them for no other reason that met my requirements at the time and they always performed well. I currently have a 7 year old mechanical keyboard, 3 year old RAM kit and just replaced a 4 year old worn out M65 mouse with another M65 mouse and they are all solid. Should I expect the new M65 mouse to fail prematurely or gives issues?
When they lost over half of their market share this year.

Nothing that directly translates to Corsair's product quality, but it's quite a track record to keep in mind for the consumer company you're buying from.

Fanatec and Corsair both make overpriced subpar products with horrible software, support, and warranties. They are perfect for each other.

System Name AMDWeapon
Processor Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard X670E MSI Tomahawk WiFi
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 ARGB with Silverstone Air Blazer 2200rpm fans
Memory G-Skill Trident Z Neo RGB 6000 CL30 32GB@EXPO
Video Card(s) Powercolor 7900 GRE Red Devil
Storage Samsung 870 QVO 1TB x 2, Lexar 256 GB, TeamGroup MP44L 2TB, Crucial T700 1TB, Seagate Firecuda 2TB
Display(s) 32" LG UltraGear GN600-B
Case Montech 903 MAX AIR
Audio Device(s) Corsair void wireless/Sennheiser EPOS 670
Power Supply MSI MPG AGF 850 watt gold
Mouse Glorious Model D l Pad GameSir G7 SE
Keyboard Redragon Vara K551P
Software Windows 11 Pro 24H2
Benchmark Scores Fast Enough.
Never used anything by Fanatec, but Corsair I've got a pair of HS55's that I broke falling asleep wearing them and Recently got Corsair Void's for £80 that just want to fall off my massive head on the smallest setting. So EPOS Sennheiser only for me from now on.

System Name Nebulon B
Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Software Windows 10 Pro

Imo, the moment they decided that everything should use their crappy iCUE software, proprietary cables, and that case design is more important than airflow. I mean, their RGB-free LP RAM and SSDs are still ok, but I wouldn't touch any other Corsair product with a pole.

Draconis

Imo, the moment they decided that everything should use their crappy iCUE software, proprietary cables, and that case design is more important than airflow. I mean, their RGB-free LP RAM and SSDs are still ok, but I wouldn't touch any other Corsair product with a pole.
Interesting, thanks for the reply. Must admit RGB is not my thing either. The only item (including the non Corsair kit) that has it is the mouse but I don't think that it's available without RGB. I've been using this particular model mouse since the M60 from around 2011 and have not had issues with any of them. They last about 4 years, same as the Logitech G5x series mice I used before that. Will see how this one goes, maybe it's time to look for a replacement if I have issues.

Last edited:
System Name Nebulon B
Software Windows 10 Pro
Interesting, thanks for the reply. Must admit RGB is not my thing either. The only item (including the non Corsair kit) that has it is the mouse but I don't think that it's available without RGB. I've been using this particular model mouse since the M60 from around 2011 and have not had issues with any of them. They last about 4 years, same as the Logitech G5x series mice I used before that. Will see how this one goes, maybe it's time to look for a replacement if I have issues.
Don't get me wrong, I mostly don't have issues with Corsair quality. Their AIO liquid coolers are pretty decent. I just don't like any kind of software control. Give me the good old 4-pin fan header and call it a day.

My Crystal 280X case, on the other hand, was way overpriced, had nearly zero airflow even with the best fans, and its paint chipped around the screw holes from day one. A pretty case, but a pretty bad experience.

As for RGB, I actually don't mind it within certain limits (as a single solid colour, for example), but I hate the fact most of the time, it connects with a bazillion cables and controllers. The cable mess it creates defeats the purpose of having a good-looking PC, and I swap parts far too often (not as upgrades, just for fun) to be bothered to tie everything down. And again, the software control which I hate...

Draconis

Had a look at your case, I see your point. I also get the RGB, cabling and software. I only use iCUE to map keyboard keys to the mouse for games.

I got a Fractal Define 7 XL for the airflow. It was one of the few cases I could find with 3 x 140 intake fans, 1 x 140 exhaust fan and optical drive support (Purchased Blu Ray rips, stand alone Blu Ray players are not available for purchase where I live anymore other than a Play Station). Whisper quiet and cool under heavy load.

Edit: Spelling

Last edited:
System Name Nebulon B
Software Windows 10 Pro
Had a look at your case, I see your point. I also get the RGB, cabling and software. I only use iCUE to map keyboard keys to the mouse for games.

I got a Fractal Define 7 XL for the airflow. It was one of the few cases I could find with 3 x 140 intake fans, 1 x 140 exhaust fan and optical drive support (Purchased Blu Ray rips, stand alone Blu Ray players are not available for purchase where I live anymore other than a Play Station). Whisper quiet and cool under heavy load.

Edit: Spelling
I still don't want iCUE to be installed on my PC. It uses too much background resource (CPU+RAM). It's basically bloatware. But fair enough.