• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Could not create driver file(C:\Users\ pzx \AppData\ Local\ Temp\ Throttlestop.sys was not found.)no such file or directory

Pzx

I accidentally deleted the Temp folder, and the software never worked again, even if I reinstalled it
1701675749523.png

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Memory 48 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 4080
Storage 2x HDD RAID 1, 3x M.2 NVMe
Display(s) 30" 2560x1600 + 19" 1280x1024
Software Windows 10 64-bit
Did you recreate the temp folder after deletion? it's essential to the operation of your machine

Pzx

Yes, I have this folder on my computer now, but I don't know why this software doesn't work
Did you recreate the temp folder after deletion? it's essential to the operation of your machine

D

Deleted member 57642

It's not enough to simply create a new Temp file with same name. You'll have to set the "Environment Variables" for "Temp".

Search "View Advanced System Settings" and on right corner click on "Environment Variables"

There you have a field called User Variables for pzx and System Variables

Click New at User Variables for pzx and...

Variable Name: Temp

Variable Value: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Temp

Click New again and...

Variable Name: Tmp

Both Temp and Tmp should be present in System Variables as well (same as it is in User Variables for pzx).

Pzx

It's not enough to simply create a new Temp file with same name. You'll have to set the "Environment Variables" for "Temp".

Search "View Advanced System Settings" and on right corner click on "Environment Variables"

There you have a field called User Variables for pzx and System Variables

Click New at User Variables for pzx and...

Variable Name: Temp

Click New again and...

Variable Name: Tmp

Both Temp and Tmp should be present in System Variables as well (same as it is in User Variables for pzx).
I've tried this, but it doesn't seem to work

1701737643877.png

1701737654811.png

D

Deleted member 57642

That doesn't look right, the variable value and name seem inverted. Should be set like this:

3.png

4.png

2.png

Open Win Key + R and in Run panel write regedit Then copy paste the folowing path/adress: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Environment

The reg values should look like so:

1.png

Pzx

That doesn't look right, the variable value and name seem inverted. Should be set like this:

View attachment 324216

View attachment 324217

View attachment 324218

Open Win Key + R and in Run panel write regedit Then copy paste the folowing path/adress: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Environment

The reg values should look like so:

View attachment 324219
I think I've set up the same as you, unfortunately I still can't open the software
TEMP and TMP also appear in the registry
:cry::cry::cry:
1701776359528.png

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
@Pzx
Try creating this folder.

C:\Program Files (x86)\ThrottleStop

Copy ThrottleStop.exe into this folder.

What antivirus program are you using? I think Malwarebytes used to block ThrottleStop from creating the ThrottleStop.sys file in the TEMP folder.

Pzx

I've solved the problem by resetting the system by keeping the apps and settings, and I can't find a better way at the momento_O

wonzer

I also encountered this problem, which was solved by deleting ‘C:\Users\ ****\AppData\ Local\ Temp\ Throttlestop.sys ’.

zxz

I also encountered this problem, which was solved by deleting ‘C:\Users\ ****\AppData\ Local\ Temp\ Throttlestop.sys ’.
Your approach is good, I managed to solve this problem, thank you so much!