• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Creative Announces 3 New PCI Sound Cards

malware

Processor Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 VID: 1.2125
Motherboard GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3P rev.2.0
Cooling Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme + Noctua NF-S12 Fan
Memory 4x1 GB PQI DDR2 PC2-6400
Video Card(s) Colorful iGame Radeon HD 4890 1 GB GDDR5
Storage 2x 500 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 32 MB RAID0
Display(s) BenQ G2400W 24-inch WideScreen LCD
Case Cooler Master COSMOS RC-1000 (sold), Cooler Master HAF-932 (delivered)
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic + Logitech Z-5500 Digital THX
Power Supply Chieftec CFT-1000G-DF 1kW
Software Laptop: Lenovo 3000 N200 C2DT2310/3GB/120GB/GF7300/15.4"/Razer

Creative Technology Ltd., a worldwide leader in digital entertainment products for PC users, today announced a new generation of Creative Professional E-MU PCI Digital Audio Systems - 24-bit/192kHz PCI audio interfaces that deliver everything musicians need to produce audio on a PC with professional results, including mastering-grade converters (the same A/D converters used in Digidesign's flagship ProTools HD 192 I/O interface), hardware-accelerated effects and mixing and seamless compatibility with all major PC audio/MIDI software. There are three new PCI Digital Audio Systems: the E-MU 1616M PCI, 1616 PCI and 1212M PCI, each matched with I/O to suit the specific needs of musicians, recording engineers and sound designers.

Hardware-accelerated Effects, Mixing and Monitoring
All PCI Digital Audio Systems feature E-MU's powerful E-DSP chip, a 32-bit multi-effects processor that can deliver over 25 hardware-accelerated effects, freeing your computer from running CPU-intensive plug-ins that limit your audio performance- a feature only offered by the most high-priced DAWs on the market. E-MU's PCI Digital Audio Systems ship with over 600 effect presets, and the effects architecture is fully expandable, allowing you to add more effect plug-ins to your system as needed. The E-DSP chip also provides 32 channels of zero-latency, hardware-based mixing and monitoring via the included PatchMix DSP mixer, delivering unmatched flexibility in routing audio between all of your physical and virtual (ASIO/WDM) inputs and outputs - no external mixer needed.

Total Analog, Digital and Sync Connectivity
E-MU's PCI Digital Audio Systems feature comprehensive connectivity, with balanced analog, ADAT, S/PDIF and MIDI I/O, as well as SMPTE and MTC Sync via the optional Sync daughter card.

Production Tools Software Bundle
E-MU's PCI Digital Audio Systems come with the high value Production Tools software bundle that includes E-MU's Proteus X2 LE Software Sound Module, Cakewalk SONAR LE, Steinberg's Cubase LE and WaveLab Lite, Ableton Live 4 Lite for E-MU, IK Multimedia AmpliTube LE, T-RackS EQ and many more - everything needed to create, record, edit, master and burn your music is in the box.

The E-MU 1616 PCI Digital Audio System ships with a 24-bit/192kHz MicroDock breakout box that offers I/O expansion with everything from pristine 1/4" balanced inputs and outputs to specialized I/O like turntable inputs (with ground lug and hardware RIAA preamp), dedicated speaker outputs, headphone output, two MIDI I/O on breakout cable and two E-MU XTC Class-A ultra-low noise Mic/Line/Hi-Z preamps with soft limiter and 48V phantom power.

The E-MU 1616M PCI Digital Audio System ships with a mastering-grade version of the MicroDock that features top of the line 24-bit/192kHz converters - the same A/D converters used in Digidesign's ProTools HD interface. These converters deliver an unbelievable 120dB SNR, an incredible audio specifications at any price, but unbelievable for a system priced at less than US$450. No other audio solution available offers the performance, flexibility and value of the E-MU 1616M PCI.

The E-MU 1212M PCI Digital Audio System offers the same mastering-grade converters on a I/O daughter card, providing a pair of balanced inputs and outputs as well as MIDI I/O - the perfect solution for any application that only requires a couple of channels of premium analog I/O (i.e. mastering, remixing and running virtual instruments).

E-MU 1616M PCI and 1616 PCI I/O Configuration:
  • Two E-MU XTC Mic/Line/Hi-Z preamps with soft limiter and 48V phantom power
  • Four 1/4" Balanced Inputs
  • Six 1/4" Balanced Outputs
  • Turntable input (with ground lug and hardware RIAA preamp)
  • 24-bit/192kHz ADAT In/Out (switchable to S/PDIF)
  • 24-bit/192kHz Coaxial S/PDIF In/Out (switchable to AES/EBU)
  • Two sets of MIDI In/Out on breakout cable
  • Three stereo 1/8" Speaker Outputs (configurable from stereo to 5.1)
  • One stereo Headphone Output
E-MU 1212M PCI I/O Configuration:
  • Two 1/4" Balanced Inputs
  • Two 1/4" Balanced Outputs
  • 24-bit/192kHz ADAT In/Out (switchable to S/PDIF)
  • 24-bit/192kHz S/PDIF In/Out (switchable to AES/EBU)
  • MIDI In/Out
Pricing and Availability

The Creative Professional E-MU 1616M PCI has an estimated street price of US$449.99 (S$759.00), the E-MU 1616 PCI has an estimated street price of US$349.99 (S$589.00) and the E-MU 1212M PCI is priced at US$149.99 (S$259.00). All three products will ship in September 2006.

For more information about the E-MU PCI Digital Audio Systems, visit http://www.asia.creative.com.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

jocksteeluk

The 13th room on the 13th floor of the 13th buildi
Processor custom dupont risk chip cpu prototype
Motherboard custom ibm x5 solid state carbon mainboard
Cooling industrial technologies prototype dupont custom heat transfer unit
Memory 6x 2gig prototype ecc hnc ddr4
Video Card(s) prototype low energy version nvidia 9 series unnumberd card
Storage 1tb solid state hdd
Display(s) 44 inch samsung plasma screen tv/monitor
Case custom ibm mobile home server case
Audio Device(s) custom Yamaha sound processing processor in spm format
Power Supply 1200watt deli cord custom made dupont type psu
Software sun unix/windows type v
i would love to see a viable sound card competitor to creative, they have had it on easy street for far too long and these guys charge as much as they want knowing there is no legitimate brand name competitor.

POGE

Processor Turion 64 ML-34 1.8Ghz
Motherboard Compaq Laptop Mobo
Cooling Stock Compaq Laptop Fan
Memory 1x 256 DDR333
Video Card(s) Radeon 200m
Storage 40GB 5200RPM HP
Display(s) Stock Laptop LCD
Case Laptop Case
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek
Power Supply Stock Laptop Powerbrick
Software Windows XP Pro
Where is the PCI-E 1x? :(

evil bill

System Name Main Rig | Second Rig
Processor Intel Core 2 Duo Wolfdale E8200 @ 3.2Ghz | Pentium 4 530J 3.0Ghz
Motherboard ASUS P5KC @ 1,600Mhz FSB | Asus P5P800
Cooling Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro | Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro
Memory OCZ 4GB DDR2-800 (2x2GB) 5-4-4-15 | Corsair 1GB XMS DDR-400 (2 x 512MB)
Video Card(s) MSI NX8800GT 512MB Pre-OCd @ 660/950 | Powercolor X850 Pro 256MB AGP
Storage 500GB WD Caviar SATA300 | Hitachi Deckstar 80GB SATA
Display(s) LG 22" W2252TQ
Case Antec 900 | ATX Window case
Audio Device(s) Onboard High Definition Audio | Soundblaster Audigy SE
Power Supply Hiper 730W HPU-5M730-SE | Tagan 480W
Software Vista 64-bit SP1 | Windows 7 32-bit RC1
are there ANY PCI-E x1 devices yet ?:confused: