• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Cyberpunk 2077 hacking crashing issue

System Name DLSS / YOLO-PC
Processor i5-12400F / 10600KF
Motherboard Gigabyte B760M DS3H / Z490 Vision D
Cooling Laminar RM1 / Gammaxx 400
Memory 32 GB DDR4-3200 / 16 GB DDR4-3333
Video Card(s) RX 6700 XT / R9 380 2 GB
Storage A couple SSDs, m.2 NVMe included / 240 GB CX1 + 1 TB WD HDD
Display(s) Compit HA2704 / Viewsonic VX3276-MHD-2
Case Matrexx 55 / Junkyard special
Audio Device(s) Want loud, use headphones. Want quiet, use satellites.
Power Supply Thermaltake 1000 W / Corsair CX650M / DQ550ST [backup]
Mouse Don't disturb, cheese eating in progress...
Keyboard Makes some noise. Probably onto something.
VR HMD I live in real reality and don't need a virtual one.
Software Windows 10 and 11
I own the GOG version of the game. Latest patch (however, the issue exists since 2.0 and yes, I contacted CDPR multiple times but they never admitted the issue). System specs: see my DLSS machine. Game crashes on whatever Windows, both 10 and 11 of literally any configuration behave the same. Hardware runs at fail-safe settings (stock CPU and GPU clocks, redundant voltage, RAM runs at XMP) and has been tested for any problems but there were none.

The problem is when I hack multiple targets at once (mostly the detonate grenade quickhack but noticed that cyberpsychosis also can pull the trigger), the game freezes and then ultimately crashes. There is no way I can alleviate that by increasing the watchdog timeout value or by killing the watchdog for good.

I tried:

• Clean installation of EVERYTHING (the game, the OS, the game save, drivers, different versions thereof, etc)
• Rebuilding my PC from scratch
• Replacing electricity cables in my house ("dirty" electricity might cause issues AFAIK)
• Changing every setting in the game
• Running COMPLETELY modless
• Changing my peripherals
• Using different SSDs
• Using different vsync/adaptive sync settings

Nothing helped. The problem is NOT consistent as oftentimes the game doesn't crash after that. I'd say it's about 30 to 40 percent chance of crashing. Noticed that it crashes more often with VRAM being overutilised.

I repeat: CDPR were unable to confirm the issue, let alone provide any solution. Any idea what I can do?