• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Dozens of trayicons

Weissrolf

Hello.

Thanks for still maintaining TS after all these years. I just switched back to using TS instead of XTU to workaround a BIOS (AVX offset) bug. This works well so far, but TS seems to create dozens and dozens of trayicons that each is registered as its own thing by Windows. Only one of these is active at any time (unless you add sensors on top), but having the trayicon list spammed full is at least inconvenient.

1719697819984.png
1719697771567.png

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
I just came up with a fix for this. I will send you a TS beta version if you are interested in testing it.

Last edited:

Brave NewWin

Send me too, thanks
UncleWebb
I can send you in Inbox. However you have to turn off Windows Security before downloading, coz, UncleWebb said: this is a beta version and hasn't signed yet.

To make sure, after downloading it, you can upload the file to VirusTotal.com to check it.

Or you can wait for the official version.

Weissrolf

The Beta is flagged by 12 AV scanners by VirusTotal, including BitDefender and GData, so you might want to wait if you feel unsure about this. I suspect that this will change just by being signed later on.