• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

EDP OTHER & BD PROCHOT under CPU, GPU and RING.

GiulyG7

Hi, i have a laptop that i know isn´t for gaming but i'm casually playing games like Rocket League and CS2. It is an Asus Laptop with a i5-1135 g7, and 16 gb ram. I'm experiencing fps drops in gaming. I saw that ThrottleStop had limits alerts from BD-PROCHOT and EDP OTHER and I assumed that maybe they were the cause of this. EDP OTHER literally appears to me until I turn on the laptop and then during the game even though I clean the data it reappears. I recently changed the thermal paste so I doubt it's a temperature issue. I set PL1 and PL2 to 25, but I also tried leaving it by default as the computer brings it and even lowering it a little, but the reasons for BD PROCHOT and EDP OTHER limits keep appearing. I saw some posts where it was mentioned that you could put PP0 at 0 and try, Power limit at 0 or 1023 and try, but I literally tried all the combinations, turning off both, leaving both on, leaving one on and the other not. I'm going to leave the Log file. Something I noticed is that nothing about BD PROCHOT appears (I think) but I do see them in the reasons for limits. If anyone has any idea what may be happening, I would appreciate it if you could tell me. PD: Thanks and sorry for my english.

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2024-08-08 221420.png
    Captura de pantalla 2024-08-08 221420.png
    69.2 KB · Views: 8
  • Captura de pantalla 2024-08-08 221524.png
    Captura de pantalla 2024-08-08 221524.png
    43.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 2024-08-08.txt
    46.2 KB · Views: 5

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
I set PL1 and PL2 to 25
The log file shows lots of PL power limit throttling right at 25W. The CPU is doing exactly what you are asking it to do. If you want less throttling, try increasing the turbo power limits.

I would check the MMIO Lock box in the top right corner of the TPL window. Clear the Sync MMIO box. Increase both power limits to 30W or 35W. At some point, instead of power limit throttling, you are probably going to start to see more and more EDP throttling. Unfortunately Intel disabled access to the FIVR settings. The 11th Gen G7 are not enthusiast friendly. There is no way to increase the IccMax current values so there is no easy way to fix EDP throttling.

put PP0 at 0
You usually do not need to check the PP0 Power Limit box. Most recent laptops do not use this setting. Leaving Power Limit 4 set to 0 is fine.

The 11th Gen G7 series were never intended to be used for playing games. Hopefully the above tweaks help a little.