• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

"Failed to ERASE the SPIROM" error when i try to flash my gpu using amdvbflash_win_5.0.567

Phobos

So, for a while i wanted to flash my Sapphire pulse RX 5700 to a XT variant using amdvbflash, on techpowerup websites there are like 5 vbios that are from a Sapphire Pulse variant, 2 of them have the same BIOS version listed on GPU-Z but none of them work, my card has dual bios so i tried using both of them to see if the problem was related to write protection, but nothing, also i'm using the newest version of the amdvbflash and so far as i know, no one on youtube used this version to flash my same gpu to a XT variant recently, in fact i only find 4 years ago videos were they use older versions of amdvbflash. please help me find a solution.

edit: also i don't know but the second bios has different clock speeds "kd.png", i bought this card used some months ago and i don't know it's past, maybe mining bios? "kd1.gif"

Attachments

• ERROREAMDVB.png
    ERROREAMDVB.png
    122.6 KB · Views: 13
  • kd.png
    kd.png
    44.9 KB · Views: 12
  • Techpwup.png
    Techpwup.png
    913 KB · Views: 12
  • kd1.gif
    kd1.gif
    33.1 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
System Name Ryzen5900X
Processor AMD Ryzen 5900X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO AC
Cooling NZXT Kraken X62
Memory 4x G.Skill F4-3600C17D-8GTZ
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 6800XT Midnight Black
Bios version is not something you can rely on! Second why using the latest version of AMDVBFlash.
Please use an older version 2.93 for crossflashing which can be found on techpowerup.